Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Baron Samedi was a strange choice, seeing as he is not the main villain. I would have preferred Kanaga (with 2 heads, normal and "Mr Big"). It also meant you could kitbash Parker from Alien.

There should be an exclusive that comes with an inflatable Kananga balloon....

Sideshow put up the first wave a bit later than BBC did. They'll probably get the regular versions eventually.

Yes when Sideshow realizes "Hey everybody is buying from other 1:6 figure companies now instead of us so we need to get a piece of that pie."

Is there any mention of the numerous issues? I really don't want to sit thru a sales pitch praising how "high end" their products are... Especially when they're not.

Interesting attention to detail, as Andrew noticed the hem is too long on Solitaire's dress. So did I. Also its nice to hear that they fielded another "less furry" material. Sounds like they're really making an effort.

Also, they are stepping back from TRIO sets now... and moving to DUO set groupings.

Dr. No is next -- you get a good look at Bond. The pairing will be: Bond in tuxedo of course and Dr. No himself with hazmat suit -- basically the same pairing Sideshow did 16 years ago. I didn't think we'd see Honey Ryder.

I'm a little disappointed that they're moving to 2-packs, though I understand why. But the 3-pack helped us get at least one character that hasn't already been done. Now, for instance Man with the Golden Gun will be Bond and Scaramanga, just like Sideshow... so much for the chance of getting Nick Nack as a 3rd.

I can pretty much tell you the pairings now:

FRWL - Bond, Grant
TB - Bond, Largo
YOLT - Bond, Blofeld
MWGG - Bond, Scaramanga
SWLM - Bond, Jaws
Etc...

I hope they reconsider and do the occasional 3-pack for the bigger movies of the franchise.

Damn, really bummed they won't be making a Honey Ryder. That's the one Bond Girl I was really looking forward to getting.

I will say the new Connery sculpt looks absolutely fantastic up close though.

Yep on both counts...

from video interview 2-8-18.jpg

That interview was actually pretty good. He pointed out things that can be improved on. But for you guys that would like to see a new body or better suits, i would'nt hold your breath.
Solitare is one cool looking figure, very close imo.

should be ordering the LALD trio today now that BC have helped me with my account, delivery addresss changes, etc.
All good.
And, that Connery above looks great.

That interview was actually pretty good. He pointed out things that can be improved on. But for you guys that would like to see a new body or better suits, i would'nt hold your breath.
Solitare is one cool looking figure, very close imo.

Yeah it was sort of aimed at non collectors that interview. “We put lotsa detail in. They have different hands. They are painted nice.”

It gave me nothing. That’s ok, it’s not the point of the thing i guess.

Greggo has confirmed as such he’s noted our concerns but I think it’s accurate that they won’t be putting any new body’s out for the next figures. Be prepared to garbage the suits and bodies.

I don’t want to support this line because I don’t fully believe in the license holder and I think if you read back the thread the sentiment has been there from the beginning. Did they change perception with the released figures ? Not really. Honesty no. That’s gotta be a tough pill for them to swallow. Credit was given where if was due, I gave mine too. But it’s a bad taste left in our mouths.it doesn’t bode well.

Don’t take us for idiots and not being able to read between the lines “2 figures means it’s easier on the wallets” well yeah because there’s a bit of ******** the bed happening. You guys aren’t bringing it all the way. Sales are soft...

They have pretty much one chance and that’s to absolutely kill it with live and let die and they kind of get a free pass. There are no suits. But if Connery dr. No comes out looking like it did in that video and I’ll say it bluntly: great head absolute terrible body/suit, it’s the nail in the coffin. The line is done.

Lets not forget that the first lot of figures seem to have sold out, so people want them.
The paint issues were addressed and they are making good on getting replacement parts made them shipped.
Not to mention, personally, I really like the look of all three of my Goldfinger set.
The LALD set is looking very nice, with Moore looking exceptional.

Yeah it was sort of aimed at non collectors that interview. “We put lotsa detail in. They have different hands. They are painted nice.”

It gave me nothing. That’s ok, it’s not the point of the thing i guess.

Greggo has confirmed as such he’s noted our concerns but I think it’s accurate that they won’t be putting any new body’s out for the next figures. Be prepared to garbage the suits and bodies.

I don’t want to support this line because I don’t fully believe in the license holder and I think if you read back the thread the sentiment has been there from the beginning. Did they change perception with the released figures ? Not really. Honesty no. That’s gotta be a tough pill for them to swallow. Credit was given where if was due, I gave mine too. But it’s a bad taste left in our mouths.it doesn’t bode well.

Don’t take us for idiots and not being able to read between the lines “2 figures means it’s easier on the wallets” well yeah because there’s a bit of ******** the bed happening. You guys aren’t bringing it all the way. Sales are soft...

They have pretty much one chance and that’s to absolutely kill it with live and let die and they kind of get a free pass. There are no suits. But if Connery dr. No comes out looking like it did in that video and I’ll say it bluntly: great head absolute terrible body/suit, it’s the nail in the coffin. The line is done.

Absolutely right on every count. There needs to be less spin, more win.

I realise that lighting and other factors can mislead the eye but that paint job looks flat and cartoony. It seems like the sculpts are the only worthwhile thing about any of these figures meaning that you're essentially paying £230 for a head that might as well be unpainted.

Interesting attention to detail, as Andrew noticed the hem is too long on Solitaire's dress. So did I. Also its nice to hear that they fielded another "less furry" material. Sounds like they're really making an effort.

Also, they are stepping back from TRIO sets now... and moving to DUO set groupings.

Dr. No is next -- you get a good look at Bond. The pairing will be: Bond in tuxedo of course and Dr. No himself with hazmat suit -- basically the same pairing Sideshow did 16 years ago. I didn't think we'd see Honey Ryder.

I'm a little disappointed that they're moving to 2-packs, though I understand why. But the 3-pack helped us get at least one character that hasn't already been done. Now, for instance Man with the Golden Gun will be Bond and Scaramanga, just like Sideshow... so much for the chance of getting Nick Nack as a 3rd.

I can pretty much tell you the pairings now:

FRWL - Bond, Grant
TB - Bond, Largo
YOLT - Bond, Blofeld
MWGG - Bond, Scaramanga
SWLM - Bond, Jaws
Etc...

I hope they reconsider and do the occasional 3-pack for the bigger movies of the franchise.

If I was going to get one Bond girl, it'd be Tracy from OHMSS, because ... come on, it's Diana Rigg. I expect the pairing will be Telly Savalas Blofeld now, though. Still, Telly Savalas Blofeld would be fun to have.

I guess Honey Ryder is pretty iconic ... but yeah, the chances are next to zero. Bikini, exposed joints, etc.

Don’t worry that’s totally the plan Mark was mainly talking about the next waves. Some of the other movies and waves are planned as a set of 3 so it’s still happening. We will do Honey Ryder down the line at some point, the main reason why we haven’t done her yet is because we are looking into the seamless bodies and currently at the moment the research on other bodies are showing cracks and tears over time and stress tests. Not to mention you can’t really apply paint to seamless bodies with it rubbing sadly. Her most iconic look is clearly the moment she walks out the sea so we are still looking into the seamless look.

If I was going to get one Bond girl, it'd be Tracy from OHMSS, because ... come on, it's Diana Rigg. I expect the pairing will be Telly Savalas Blofeld now, though. Still, Telly Savalas Blofeld would be fun to have.

I guess Honey Ryder is pretty iconic ... but yeah, the chances are next to zero. Bikini, exposed joints, etc.

+ 1 for Tracy, c'mon its Bonds wife. That ending was tragic, George acted that scene with real heart.

Don’t worry that’s totally the plan Mark was mainly talking about the next waves. Some of the other movies and waves are planned as a set of 3 so it’s still happening. We will do Honey Ryder down the line at some point, the main reason why we haven’t done her yet is because we are looking into the seamless bodies and currently at the moment the research on other bodies are showing cracks and tears over time and stress tests. Not to mention you can’t really apply paint to seamless bodies with it rubbing sadly. Her most iconic look is clearly the moment she walks out the sea so we are still looking into the seamless look.
Hi, Greggo!Could be any hope then next Bond body will be changed?Will be really shame, if second Connery outfit will have same issues in look (even with futzing), like Goldfingers 007 have, because of body...Specially about shirt collar- it needs to be above jacket from backside and shoulders needs to be wide enough.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Back