Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with all you guys PO'ing from Big Chief, does that mean Sideshow won't be carrying the second wave? Was kindof thinking they'd be up for order by now. Never been impressed with Big Chief's payment plan system (though, I admit, it's been a few years since I've used it).

Another thing that should be done on the Dr No Bond is to make the shirt sleeves longer. They need to be able to stick out from under the jacket sleeves, even when the arm is bent and on that proto shot they really are too short.

It's not the head that's over-scaled...but the under-scaled body. They really need to re-tool it...especially the narrow shoulders...which for me kill the overall look...Remember Connery was a body builder not a stick insect!
If they can't re-tool it they should at least add some padding and then re-tailor the suit/tux to fit...
View attachment 391741

That's an excellent comparison, thank you.

Uh-oh seven...

It's not the head that's over-scaled...but the under-scaled body. They really need to re-tool it...especially the narrow shoulders...which for me kill the overall look...Remember Connery was a body builder not a stick insect!
If they can't re-tool it they should at least add some padding and then re-tailor the suit/tux to fit...
View attachment 391741

Yes. This body and suit is garbage. I'm sorry to say its almost shameful. I really have no confidence in this line if this is the next thing they show. Now it's an early prototype so they have a change to change it and the first line just came out so they may have not had time to engineer anything new. But if you release it with this tailoring and especially this body Big chief its a joke I'm sorry to say. In my book you get one pass but if you don't learn and grow from your first mistake especially when it was such a bad and fixable one then if the bond license dies with you so be it. It's not worth it.

As I mentioned this is a far better option inaccuracies and all at least it looks like a high end collectible. if a nothing knock off company can release this and it looks ALMOST on par with a a Yunsil suit (this is one of the only mass suits I have in my collection that does) and it costs 50 bucks Big Cheif gets no free passes.

s-l500.jpg

I think all the Bonds would look gr8 in a Tux, its kind of the signature look of the character, whoever has played Bond has appeared in a tux at various times, I don't really mind BCS no making a tux version yet, as I still think their tailoring is a little suspect and I'm sure a 3rd party company could come through with a nice tux.

That's what I've been waiting for. I have all the old SSC Bonds in their tuxes, and they look great together on the shelf. I was really hoping to update them with new Tuxedo Bonds, but I'm a little put off by the issues seen in the first wave of BCS figs. I'm really hoping they correct some things...

I think maybe the best way to go with these BCS Bond figs is try to pick up the heads separately and get a good body, decent 1/6 bodies can be bought for as little as £20-£30 then get a nice 1/6 suit set these can be got for about £25-£35. The sculpts are pretty good but the tailoring and bodies are just cheap.
I am not that bothered about having the whole figure box and all, just want to display some good looking Bond figs on the shelf

IMG_0987.JPG

From Inigo's FB.

I wish they would dress these figures properly- the shirt collar is always supposed to stand above the jacket collar at the back of the neck.

I see the same trouble I have on my Goldfinger suit -- that bulge on the figure's right shoulder below the stitch-line. That's where I'd like to shave down the shoulder.

That sculpt and paintwork on the proto is quite nice though.

I think maybe the best way to go with these BCS Bond figs is try to pick up the heads separately and get a good body, decent 1/6 bodies can be bought for as little as £20-£30 then get a nice 1/6 suit set these can be got for about £25-£35. The sculpts are pretty good but the tailoring and bodies are just cheap.
I am not that bothered about having the whole figure box and all, just want to display some good looking Bond figs on the shelf

It's totally the way to go. But it's just a shame. If this is the case what do we even need Big Chief for. We just need Inigo to sell these sculpts on his own.

The heads will be bootlegged in no time with better paint apps. I'm sure you could build a better custom for like $100.

The heads will be bootlegged in no time with better paint apps. I'm sure you could build a better custom for like $100.

They'll be the right size too. Ugh, this company is a car crash. The only thing that will save them is people who like Bond but know nothing about 1/6, the kind of people who aren't members here.

I came across some photos of Rose Tyler earlier, dear Lord. Dat were no Inigo.

Is Stromberg really so great? Great movie, sure, but I always attributed that to XXX and Jaws. Stromberg is the typical scenery-chewing forgettable bad guy we saw far too often in the Moore-Dalton-Brosnan eras.

Largo, definitely. Jaws, Blofeld (of several varieties), Red Grant (a bit boring to look at, but a great character), 006, Xenia, Dr. No, Scaramanga...it's a decent list, there. Jaws being the one I really want!

Back