Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think it is ironic that BCS has a 30 day return policy, yet they don’t hold themselves to that policy when they are at fault. We should have gotten replacements within that timeframe too. It’s actually been over 30 days now since their initial lie of ‘in hand’ replacement arrival date. :lol We have to hurry and reach them with issues, but they take their sweet time fixing them. Some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. It would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating. Charging a premium comes with the expectation of premium service. They make Walmart look good.

I do think it is ironic that BCS has a 30 day return policy, yet they don’t hold themselves to that policy when they are at fault. We should have gotten replacements within that timeframe too. It’s actually been over 30 days now since their initial lie of ‘in hand’ replacement arrival date. :lol We have to hurry and reach them with issues, but they take their sweet time fixing them. Some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. It would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating. Charging a premium comes with the expectation of premium service. They make Walmart look good.

I think they're in cahoots with Molecule 8 and Star Ace, bunch of amateurs.

DVD talks about his excellent customer service from BCS but dollars to donuts it's because he's purchased almost every BCS figure.

Haha!! Technically that’s pretty close to true.
However, until the last week or so, my account was administered by my dad, and this was a whole new account that I was given assist on.
Once the guys there added my Shanghai address to the first account, to help me out, they then adjusted all prepaid figures prices to reflect the non payment of VAT.
That was a cool thing to do, without any request.

And, I have to be honest here, I have a lot of BC figures because I like them.
Although I wasn’t happy with the face of the Amy figure, much like everyone else, then we got a whole new sculpt which was and is quite nice.
I’ve enjoyed all of the Doctor Who releases. Their second 10th has a blandly painted head, but looking at the figure as a whole ( from about 12ft away as it now ) it is The Doctor.
I had a knee jerk reaction to the paint rubs. Yes it was disappointing . Pausing to reflect tho, the paint rub wasn’t noticeable until the crinkly wrap was removed. And as has been said from the get go, the replacement parts will be issued.

Back to this latest trio of Bond releases. I ordered mine this morning.
I think they’ll make a great display, especially Solitaire with the table and the cards.
The Baron may not be an iconic villain, but he certainly has visual appeal. And I’ll say it again: Moore looks terrific.

The sculpts on all the Bond figures look excellent so far. The paintwork might not be the best but is certainly on an upward curve from older Sherlock and Dr Who figures. Some of the criticisms seem rather harsh especially wishing for any other company to have this licence.

If HT had the licence we'd get one Bond figure and then nothing for years while they pump out the endless Iron Man variants. Two years later I'm still waiting for my Catwoman figure or anything else from Batman returns! It's good BCS show a genuine commitment to the line and release at least one villain with each Bond.

Even if they don’t bring out full 3 figure sets, I wouldn’t even mind the occasional individual figure. Honey Ryder, Nick Nack, Rosa Klebb, Hugo Drax, Vesper...

I took out my BCS Connery out for a spin in his DB5
28399165409_8375941bfe_c.jpg
28399164229_b96968154c_c.jpg
28399160939_20f64c1689_c.jpg

Last edited:

Getting a company to do something in 30 Days is a lot different than an expectation on an individual to complete a task in 30 Days. Its completely unrealistic to have those kind of expectations.

The poorly painted eyes is something BCS struggles with, they are like painted wheels.

Last edited:
Don’t worry that’s totally the plan Mark was mainly talking about the next waves. Some of the other movies and waves are planned as a set of 3 so it’s still happening. We will do Honey Ryder down the line at some point, the main reason why we haven’t done her yet is because we are looking into the seamless bodies and currently at the moment the research on other bodies are showing cracks and tears over time and stress tests. Not to mention you can’t really apply paint to seamless bodies with it rubbing sadly. Her most iconic look is clearly the moment she walks out the sea so we are still looking into the seamless look.

Oh, sweet! It'd be hard to pass up on a good Honey Ryder. She's so emblematic of what it is to be a 'Bond girl'. I guess if you're making Bond girls you have to start developing seamless bodies at some point :p I was watching LALD today and most of Solitaire's other dresses would have left joints or unpainted parts showing somewhere. In the long run it'd be neat to have a male body with detail too - a Thunderball Bond with some bare legs and/or a more detailed chest (a la the 9th Doctor release). Bond is often in tropical paradises.

The video was good. Some of the stills had me worried about upcoming figures, but most looked much better in the videos. I'm excited about my pre-orders of 8th Doctor, War Doctor, and Clara again now.

I'm a casual at a university, which means I never know if I'm gonna get work until about a week before semester starts, but if I do get work by the end of Feb, I'll be thinking very seriously about pre-ordering at least LALD Moore. Ideally I'd love a Moonraker or a SWLM Moore, but they could be a while, and the LALD sculpt looks good.

People were talking bout DVD getting good customer service from BCS ... Now, I hear complaints from others about lack of responses, but all I can say from my own experience is that BCS's customer service has always been top notch. Even just making minor adjustments to an order ... I have catch up chats with some of their customer service people. 'Oh, can you just switch my order to the signature ... and how have things been with you lately?', etc. I am also a regular customer, of course. Sideshow have been great getting me replacement parts, but I believe Big Chief would have treated me exactly the same way. I understand the frustration at the head delays, of course. With a bigger than expected need for new heads and the Chinese New Year, there might have been no way around it.

I agree that there could be some improvements in future releases. I don't know anything about figure manufacturing, so I have no idea how realistic any suggestions might be. Making the 'shoulders up' pose a requirement just seems to be asking a bit much, if only because so many people who aren't on forums, etc, won't know to do it. If there is a way the shoulders could look good out of the box, it'd be worth pursuing. Yeah, the collar at the back of the neck ... the button colour. The snaps on the chest being a bit too bulky. The legs could perhaps look a bit more Connery-like, at least in the thigh/hip area. And for some reason the factory leaves gaps in the hair colour. That's got to stop. Obviously BCS will already be following up very closely on the paint rub/adhesion issue, because that's causing problems. The eyes are no dealbreaker for me but if you could make them even better than of course that would be great. The paint app in general is decent, but of course if it was even better everyone would be even happier.

The paint rub is the main thing. There are a fair few changes listed above, but they're really just what you need to make a decent-to-good figure a great figure. Sculpt is great. Love went into the accessories. My replacement coat should arrive Monday and I'm still going to be very happy to have a Connery Bond on my shelf. I'd consider getting more (Moore).

If I compare Matt Smith Who #1 with Matt Smith Who #2, they are almost like they are from different companies. BCS has proven that it is capable of making big improvements after initial releases in a line. They may well do it here. Figure prices are rising across the board, though, and it has everyone antsy. All the talk of future Bond releases has me excited, and I hope we get the future we want on both sides of the retail window :p

Last edited:
That scale is excellent. First time I've ever seen the 1/6 DB5 with an actual Bond figure. Now I'm obsessed...

It’s the angle of the photo that sells it as believable. Don’t consider tracking one down if you want it to fit with 1/6 figures. mike has it and I put my big Chief Bond next to it when I opened him and it’s way too big next to the car to look realistic in a display

I was obsessed with getting that db5 for years and I’m glad mike did so I realized I didn’t have to haha.

As a stand alone peice it’s really sweet but as a 1/6 display item it doesn’t work.

It makes sense when you can see what he's looking at...

giphy.gif

Ahhh, the lovely curves of Linda Carter that would be a challenge for Hot Toys' version of her Wonder Woman, but I digress...

Didn't realize how comical the BCS Connery's expression was until I saw the close-up in my photos. It's kind of too bad they made him with such an intent look, considering it was in Goldfinger when Connery first went full-on with the cool sardonic demeanor that Bond became known for. Maybe they chose to do this to distance their line from the look of Connery in the Sideshow line, which has him with that suave facial expression.

Maybe this was the moment James Bond saw Odd Job's hat flying at him, lol.

28399167369_4679eb77df_c.jpg

It’s the angle of the photo that sells it as believable. Don’t consider tracking one down if you want it to fit with 1/6 figures. mike has it and I put my big Chief Bond next to it when I opened him and it’s way too big next to the car to look realistic in a display

I was obsessed with getting that db5 for years and I’m glad mike did so I realized I didn’t have to haha.

As a stand alone peice it’s really sweet but as a 1/6 display item it doesn’t work.

Well now I'm glad you warned me haha...

although I doubt I could afford something like a good "1/6th" DB5 from what I've seen. I love that one that works by Eaglemoss, then I saw another one that actually drives remotely I believe (forget who made that one - saw it some time ago and it was costly).

Still, as a background piece with some Bond figures up front, your brother's looks like it could work. It's very cool all the same.

Wait so what i read so far is BCS is not painting the mp versions very well? I just po'ed the LALD James bond and plan on getting baron as well, but if these figures are sucking then i may rethink on it.

Wait so what i read so far is BCS is not painting the mp versions very well? I just po'ed the LALD James bond and plan on getting baron as well, but if these figures are sucking then i may rethink on it.
I'll just say full run paintup of Goldfinger's Connery was quite different from prototype shown.I believe full run are painting a lot of people and that's why work is not absolutely similar for all heads.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Back