Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good move returning it... as you can see from my previous post you aren't losing much with all the issues. I have a Red Skull body lying around so it was a good fit. just need to repaint the head. As I said not worth the money or the bother. My love for Cumberbatch however is bordering on manic so :lol Curly Fu needs to be released widespread

Yup, I think so, but no sign of BCS for now, no answer about giving my money back (they had already receive it). I think I should work on my Sherlock's headsculpt and get a descent suit and coat or getting another figure.

227728d6a4cd9c0b249e331ea88edc09.jpg

It's not a question of country. Rather what the sender writes on the custom papers.

Isn't it also a question of country? As I posted 2 posts above, I'm in Australia and I've never been hit any charge for collectibles ...ever.
I doubt BCS are writing different things only on my forms.

Yup, I think so, but no sign of BCS for now, no answer about giving my money back (they had already receive it). I think I should work on my Sherlock's headsculpt and get a descent suit and coat or getting another figure.

227728d6a4cd9c0b249e331ea88edc09.jpg

Well good luck. great job on the sculpt. Maybe a Watson sculpt afterwards?

Below is the iMiniMe version of Sherlock, taken from the FamCon show today in City of Industry, California.

Seriously guys, between this and the Big Chief one, which one looks more like the "official" one and HT-level-price-worthy? I'm not bashing the BC version by any means, just think that for that kind of price, it could have been done better...

20140823_121608.jpg

20140823_121629.jpg

20140823_121602.jpg

20140823_121637.jpg

20140823_121708.jpg

20140823_121717.jpg

IMG_8483.jpg

I honestly think the likeness is off. for $600
ish?? I'm very happy with big chief's
First time when I disagree with you, my friend;)Here all details are more screen accurate.Unpainted hs was 99% likness, painted around 90%, but it still great.
Coat looks allmost perfect.Dont know about suit and shirt, but I guess it's simply black and white.
615d9b36c91f83130d8e7059ae9a72f7.jpg

I would love to have this!
f9e03d19cb0417f463a22bc07daed7fe.jpg

I think Big Chief's sculpt is better. Looks good though.

And I don't think either one got the coat right. BCS's is too thick at 1/6 scale but this one is much too thin.

And it's a lot easier to make things thick than thin, which requires finer cutting & sewing.

As to the likeness, to each his own. iMiniMe's version is at the HT/Enterbay level IMHO. But I guess you can argue he looks more like Korean than British:lol

Last edited:
And it's a lot easier to make things thick than thin, which requires finer cutting & sewing.
As to the likeness, to each his own. iMiniMe's version is at the HT/Enterbay level IMHO. But I guess you can argue he looks more like Korean than British:lol

Its $450
And Im sure paying what you did you are Happy with Big Chief... Here are inhand out of the glass box pictures
pics/pics/pics

Yeah it definitely looks nice.
I'm not sure how to say it .....the head looks like a normal persons head ....but the real Benedict Cumberbatch's ....does not :D
Its narrower and longer and his eyes are spaced oddly, and I think BCS captured that better.

This sculpt is sort of, 'if Benedict Cumberbatch looked normal, this is what he would look like' :D :D

From the pics I've seen, BCS sculpt is better, Iminime's paint and tailoring is better. Overall, even considering the price, I think Iminime wins out. Pity about the sculpt though.

From the pics I've seen, BCS sculpt is better, Iminime's paint and tailoring is better. Overall, even considering the price, I think Iminime wins out. Pity about the sculpt though.
9402c47ae3902d3125dcca56c63f3f60.jpg

You really think it was not amazing likness?

This sculpt is sort of, 'if Benedict Cumberbatch looked normal, this is what he would look like' :D :D

This is exactly my thoughts on the sculpt. It's very realistic, but doesn't capture Cumberbatch's unique features.

Back