Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he ever HAD a holster... just tucked it into his waistband...

yeah... SO happy with them!!!

Really? That's so funny. For some reason I seem to remember him having a holster but I could be making that up. LOL.

^^ Those pictures are awesome! Great Job!! :clap

Thanks! Hopefully when I have more time some time I can do more with a little more variety.

My initial non-photo rambling thoughts...

Paintwork is actually quite nice on the figures.
At the end of the day, these are pale Englishmen in a show often set in London at night They are not unshaven, battle damaged, bleeding, dirty or tanned ... and the paint works nicely in hand. They don't look cheap.
(no offense to our pale Englishmen friends here....I'm probably even more pale... :D )

Tailoring on Sherlock leaves a little to be desired, especially in the coat ...Not really sure what they were thinking in using something so thick.
I don't like futzing and don't enjoy it. The material used should suit the purpose up front.

The violin is MAYBE the best accessory ever with a 1/6.

Watson is actually the better figure of the two with some really nice tailoring.
(haven't taken him out of the box yet but its obvious instantly when looking at him)

The magnetic boxlids/backdrops are really nicely done and Hot Toys could actually learn something here.
I always love a good backdrop/dio .... should be a given with any figure and doubling as the box lid means you're not increasing box size or production costs to include. Clever.

Also like that the stands form one display base, allowing them to stand much closer together than any other stands we've seen. Makes them look part of the same package and really sets the whole thing off ....together they do form more than their parts ... the two figures are 1 + 1 = 3 if you know what I mean :D

I've spent the last couple hours playing with these guys...in hand, in short - AMAZING. A must buy and happy to have them.

Paint: As everyone's saying, and SAB said better than I can, it's great. Not cheap at all. Subtle. Actually makes some Hot Toys look overdone by comparison (here's looking at Steve Rogers, for example). I have a slight rub on Watson's nose - I feel like that's something that could've very easily been prevented.

Bodies: Still need help. They're very loose, though I don't feel the necessity to switch out Sherlock's personally. I think the mobility is actually really nice, they're just loose. Sherlock's neck could've been a wee bit longer, but it's ok. He's not neckless for sure.

Hands: Awesome. Great. Wish I'd have these kind of soft rubber hands all the time. No chance of messing up any accessories. Not sure if this belongs here or under bodies, but it looks like these have better wrist articulation than Hot Toys (to me). The only downside I have is that I couldn't get the magnifier to stay in the gloved hand for Sherlock that it's obviously supposed to go in, but that's minor.

Accessories: Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of all of these. The watches are great, the flashlight's great, I like the clear cast pieces in a lot of them. Not sure the iPhone looks quite like an iPhone in shape, and I'm not a fan of the screens on the phones. I also don't like the string in Sherlock's book. Wish they could've come up with a better solution there. The paint jobs are excellent.

Stands: Awesome. Wish Hot Toys would do something like this. The only thing I wish is that they had some sort of name plate or logo for us non-autograph buyers.

Packaging: Love the design, as I said, and it's really cool that the magnets can connect the two backgrounds together to make one big one. BUT I do think it could've been printed at a higher resolution.

Clothing: Watson's definitely the winner here, but Sherlock's not bad. He needs futzing, sure, but I think the coat actually isn't that out of scale. I like it. To be honest, I like it better than the "custom" iminime's been showing - that one looks too thin, like a raincoat. This one will keep him warm. Otherwise? Hot Toys quality for sure. I'm not 100% sold on Sherlock's suitcoat, but you won't see it anyway!

Final verdict: I'll give it a B+. There's room for improvement in the overall package, especially in the body design. But overall, I'm very impressed.

....Sherlock's not bad. He needs futzing, sure, but I think the coat actually isn't that out of scale. I like it. To be honest, I like it better than the "custom" iminime's been showing - that one looks too thin, like a raincoat.

Got a link to Iminime's custom? I'm very curious!

This is the one, I believe.

10511203_778934992171130_5847152350724208418_n.jpg

Got the figures in today and I'm very impressed. The tailoring is definitely top notch although it would be better if Sherlock's coat was a bid thinner. Loving the hands and the body is extremely posable. It feels a bit looser than what we've come to expect, but holds poses very well. That he can get in the playing the violin pose and look natural speaks highly of the posability of the body.

Loving the backdrops too. Now that we have just about the whole sitting room I'm feeling the need for carpeting. Anyone know what the floor looks like? It would be interesting to print out of floor to put between the backdrops.

Loving the backdrops too. Now that we have just about the whole sitting room I'm feeling the need for carpeting. Anyone know what the floor looks like? It would be interesting to print out of floor to put between the backdrops.

I like how the backdrops magnetically lock together! They look great as the background in the Detolf! They must have done that on purpose because I don't believe the backings for the 10th and 4th Doctor do that, as I have those backgrounds arranged in a similar fashion behind the figures and they don't seem to stick together.

As for the floor, it's a large hardwood floor, dark wood. And there's a red carpet on it. You can see it here:
tumblr_m6rdjx99dz1qa4vzoo8_500.jpg

I'm happy about you, guys, who are happy and my apologaise for those, who have bought new bodies because of my advise and now think they are not necessarry.Sorry about yours spent.But I still have opinion about head should be above coats colar and shoulders shouldn't be on one level with the ears how it was before I changed the body
evapunyq.jpg
de7atune.jpg

I'm happy about you, guys, who are happy and my apologaise for those, who have bought new bodies because of my advise and now think they are not necessarry.Sorry about yours spent.But I still have opinion about head should be above coats colar and shoulders shouldn't be on one level with the ears how it was before I changed the body

It was terrific advice and I think you're correct...

It was terrific advice and I think you're correct...

Yes, me too! My only question is whether I should have bought a slim TT or a regular TT. Oh well, I'll find out eventually.

Regarding the red carpet on the floor, you can usually buy things like that for doll's houses.

Yes, me too! My only question is whether I should have bought a slim TT or a regular TT. Oh well, I'll find out eventually.

Regarding the red carpet on the floor, you can usually buy things like that for doll's houses.
I have regular, byt maybe it will be to tall in compare with Watson bc figure.

Oh, I'm still glad to have the option. I needed to order a body for my Loki in suit I'll be cobbling together once that comes out, so actually it worked out really well. If I don't use the other one for Sherlock, I'm sure I'll use it for something.

Last edited:
Back