Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched series 3. Great stuff.

Was shocked at the reveal of a series 4 .... I had thought it was long stated it was to be 3 series total. Maybe I dreamed that.

I think many people (including me) assumed that based on the growing stardom of the leads, but don't think it was ever stated officially.

I think many people (including me) assumed that based on the growing stardom of the leads, but don't think it was ever stated officially.

Ah okay.

For some reason I thought that the series followed a basic chronology of the Doyle stories. Series 1 being early years, series 2 mid years, series 3 last years.
Been 10+ years since I read the stories and probably remembered wrong.

Has there been any word on whether a series 4 will follow Doyle stories or will be original ?

I hope series 4 gets back to the core charm of this series, the Conan Doyle stories given a 21c twist. Without any spoilers, I think Moffat is making the same mistake here he makes in Doctor Who--everything has to be BIG and UNIVERSE-SHAKING and the END OF TIME AND SPACE etc. etc. I'd be happy just to watch Sherlock puzzling out a complicated mystery. Preferably one that holds up if you think about it for more than five seconds.

Still enjoyed the hell out of this season, but more for the acting than the writing. And def. looking forward to the figures!

Can someone clarify for me:

Numbered Pairs Price : £339.98
Purchased as Pair Price : £339.98

The 'purchased as a pair' are still numbered, right? Just individually and not as a 'numbered pair' ?

God even writing it is confusing :D

Can someone clarify for me:

The 'purchased as a pair' are still numbered, right? Just individually and not as a 'numbered pair' ?

God even writing it is confusing :D

I assumed the numbered pairs will have a matching number whereas the other pair is still numbered but not matched.

What I read is that Moffat and Gatiss have taken it series by series, never sure if it would get renewed or if their lead actors would be available, and therefore decided to cram everything in as early as possible in roughly chronological order. However, it is very rough indeed, even within each series - I mean, His Last Vow contained elements from The Empty House which 'should' have gone in The Empty Hearse. Doyle himself never did everything in chronological order - The Valley of Fear must predate The Final Problem, but in that story Watson doesn't know who Moriarty is; The Hound of the Baskervilles was published after The Final problem but predates it.

For anyone who hasn't read the stories, stop what you're doing and go and read them now! Start with A Study in Scarlet (the first novel, in which they meet) or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, the first collection of stories. Either is a good way to begin.

What's this I've heard about a photo of the violin being posted somewhere? Could someone repost it here please? Thanks!

I also tried to find it minute ago, but couldn't.Don't know why.Yesterday it was easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Something just occurred to me and now I MUST have an answer. How is his coat collar going to stay up? Will it be wired?

Just pre-ordered the pair. I couldn't ignore them any longer. The regret would've torn apart the little sanity I have.

Back