Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as somebody who has seen previous Big Chief figures in hand I can testify that they are of excellent quality. You should not have to defend yourself mate. People who have seen your work for many years know how good you are at what you do.
Seriously if there was not a Big Chief studios I very much doubt we would even be getting these figures, and if we were they would be unlicensed and twice the price they are now. I recently reviewed the Wall Street Killer and while it's a great figure it's no higher in quality than Big Chief's Doctor Who.
OK I get the soothe with vociferous support bit... But the 'bolded' bit is really taking exaggeration a little too high :lol are you even comparing that magnificent hand painted custom resin sculpt to the Dr's mass produced sculpt with such soft details and a basic factory paint app (not even close to the paint apps by ZCWO let alone HT/EB)and calling it of equal/similar quality? I dont think even the English FA can get that stubborn in support to make a little too far out claims like that.
Your opinion though... But very misleading/unfair for anyone who may think about owning either one while owning the other already.

I have one and my friend owns the doctor, and the difference in quality is as much as the difference in price (if you are considering the DX set price in consideration)

OK I get the soothe with vociferous support bit... But the 'bolded' bit is really taking exaggeration a little too high :lol are you even comparing that magnificent hand painted custom resin sculpt to the Dr's mass produced sculpt with such soft details and a basic factory paint app (not even close to the paint apps by ZCWO let alone HT/EB)and calling it of equal/similar quality? I dont think even the English FA can get that stubborn in support to make a little too far out claims like that.
Your opinion though... But very misleading/unfair for anyone who may think about owning either one while owning the other already.

I have one and my friend owns the doctor, and the difference in quality is as much as the difference in price (if you are considering the DX set price in consideration)

I am comparing the whole figure, yes the sculpts they used and the clothing were excellent, but the body was cheap and nasty with one pair of useless hands.

Have to say I agree with this. I don't own any BC figs as I am not a Dr Who fan in the slightest but I've seen 3 of there figures in hand in total in my local comic book store. 10th, 11th Doctors and Amy Pond. I won't comment on the Amy Pond figure as every company is entitled to miss a few but there Doctors are nice. However they can't in my opinion be compared with Iminime's Wall Street Killer it's just not fair on them. The sculpt and paint apps are lightyears ahead on the Bateman as are the accessories (real metal chromed axe head and knife for instance). I was however very impressed with the clothing on one of the doctors although for the life of me I can't recall which one atm possibly Smith. As good as the clothing is it's probably still not as nice as Iminime's Bateman which is probably Iminime's flag ship figure to date it's right up there with the best in the business as far as custom figures go.

Having said all this BC is still a very very young company and I think it's great to see another company appear (especially one based here in the UK) the more options the merrier. I'm tempted by the Sherlock figures but going to wait for the full reveal at preorder time before I make a decision. Hopefully in the future BC will obtain a couple more licenses I am interested in although I understand how popular Dr Who is so it makes sense for them to do as many figures from that line as they can!

Axe just out of interest why must every comparison you make to anything on here involve football? I'm as big as footy fan as the next guy but don't you have any other interests ;)

Once again I said quality as in over all product. I was not comparing headsculpts, and that's my fault as I should have made that clear. If you are happy to pay Iminime prices and receive a figure body so poor that it's not even worth keeping once you replace it, fine.

Once again I said quality as in over all product. I was not comparing headsculpts, and that's my fault as I should have made that clear. If you are happy to pay Iminime prices and receive a figure body so poor that it's not even worth keeping once you replace it, fine.

So in your mind one figure that has a better base body is equal to a figure that is superior in just about all other aspects, sculpt, clothing and accessories? You mention hands I don't want to come across as bashing BC as like I said previously I'm stoked about there existence and have liked a couple of the figs they've done so far but have you seen the hands that came with there original Doctor figure? There yellow! Poor smith looked like he had jaundice.

The whole having to replace the body thing is a completely different issue and is fairly irrelevant to me anyway as I replace the bodies on all my figures with Hot Toys True Types. So if I buy the Sherlock and Watson figures and it's likely I will, I will be swapping the bodies out on them also as I can't imagine the bodies they come on will be to the standard of an original True Type.

I'm the biggest advocate of having top quality bodies on all my figures but it's just not reasonable to expect a company like Iminime or BC for that matter to supply us with them. Every company and there mother have tried to copy the True Type and none of them have succeeded in making a perfect copy in my opinion. If you want the best bodies you gotta upgrade yourself it's just the way it is no matter who you buy from outside of HT & the top top custom artists...

Have to say I agree with this. I don't own any BC figs as I am not a Dr Who fan in the slightest but I've seen 3 of there figures in hand in total in my local comic book store. 10th, 11th Doctors and Amy Pond. I won't comment on the Amy Pond figure as every company is entitled to miss a few but there Doctors are nice. However they can't in my opinion be compared with Iminime's Wall Street Killer it's just not fair on them. The sculpt and paint apps are lightyears ahead on the Bateman as are the accessories (real metal chromed axe head and knife for instance). I was however very impressed with the clothing on one of the doctors although for the life of me I can't recall which one atm possibly Smith. As good as the clothing is it's probably still not as nice as Iminime's Bateman which is probably Iminime's flag ship figure to date it's right up there with the best in the business as far as custom figures go.

Having said all this BC is still a very very young company and I think it's great to see another company appear (especially one based here in the UK) the more options the merrier. I'm tempted by the Sherlock figures but going to wait for the full reveal at preorder time before I make a decision. Hopefully in the future BC will obtain a couple more licenses I am interested in although I understand how popular Dr Who is so it makes sense for them to do as many figures from that line as they can!

Axe just out of interest why must every comparison you make to anything on here involve football? I'm as big as footy fan as the next guy but don't you have any other interests ;)

:exactly::exactly::goodpost:

I tend to reference footy when conversing with UK based members only... for obvious reasons :lol

I've got to say, I think I like Watson most of all of the two. I think they are both great, but Watson really captures the look and spirit of the actor. I'll be putting in an order for the set. I'm looking forward to finding out what all they come with.

)

You've seen 10 in hand at a store? Where abouts? It's not even released and it's only available via the BCS site. o_O

You've seen 10 in hand at a store? Where abouts? It's not even released and it's only available via the BCS site. o_O

Maybe he can travel in time, and went forward to a date shortly after Ten's release. Hey Bullet, what's the world going to be like in 2018?

Have to say I agree with this. I don't own any BC figs as I am not a Dr Who fan in the slightest but I've seen 3 of there figures in hand in total in my local comic book store. 10th, 11th Doctors and Amy Pond.

You might want to rethink that one a little Bullet, the Doctor #10 is not out yet, and even then it's only available direct from the BCS site.

So, I'm a little confused.

Maybe he can travel in time, and went forward to a date shortly after Ten's release. Hey Bullet, what's the world going to be like in 2018?

Terrible mate HT are just about to release the Iron Man Mk622 and this forum is just one giant thread where everybody argues, dark times dark times indeed.

Haha like I said in my initial post I don't know **** about Dr Who I've seen the Matt Smith one is he the 11th then as he's clearly not the 10th apparently. Sorry for the confusion guys

Also seen Amy Pond (what a treat that was ;)) and the crazy guy with the scarf Tom Baker? Didn't see that one in hand though.

Another picture up.

1383075_10152642831766002_620060037_n.jpg

It does look good, but still not feeling the love enough to have to get one, in spite of how much I like the series.

*Scrolls through all the Doctors* You guys are having a busy day today. OT, but 10's tailoring looks excellent. And very good to hear on improvements such as the stitched buttons. Really good.

OK, close up from that set we saw a little while ago.

ETA: Beaten to it whilst link-fishing. I don't think anyone needs two of these.

They fixed The bow! It's now not to tight as it should be. I think he needs a good paint to look much more accurate

This is still the prototype so we won't get an idea of what the production paint looks like for quite a while yet.

The violin is great. The coat still fractionally too bulky, but not bad at all.

Finally some good photos!

Arms look a little stubby, but it could be the pose.

Looks very nice. I'll have to really assess my budget to see if I can fit it in.

Back