Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But we ARE talking about BCS and their product here in this thread, right? Precisely what "context" means. I myself made the same statement that "in general terms" a higher edition size would mean a lower price, and was corrected specifically by BCS for that statement.

Your previous post made it seem like you missed that point altogether.

And my point, and every other complainer here, is that it CAN be done. We all see HT (and other companies) doing it all the time, so our frustration with poor paint apps and poor tailoring comes from that.

I'm with Mau and the Captains. We just want an awesome Sherlock, and it's great that BCS was brave enough to face heavy criticism to create a brilliant character in 1/6 form. We all just want the same thing and our criticisms and observations are aimed to ensure we get a quality piece--not just because of the price vs value debate, but because we care about the characters and want to see them done with respect.

But hey, fine. You're right. Sorry if you felt I was attacking you. :peace

No, I did not think you were attacking me, so no worries there, I must have misunderstood what you meant because I felt that the argument had already gone beyond comparisons to HT's efforts. It was (I thought, at least) taken as read that HT's bar was the highest and the one to reach...even by BCS's own comments.

That's why I was questioning it being brought up again.

As I read you more recent post again, I don't really disagree with much of it, so...yes I misunderstood you.

My bad, sorry.

:duff ?

But whilst Mark clarified the 'not viable in this case' element, I do still stand by the exclusivity + limited run = Higher cost idea. Partly because it feels right to me.

But mainly because I want an ASTON MARTIN and a Veyron :rotfl If I didn't buy so many darned figures, I might actually be able to afford one! :slap:gah::slap:gah:

No, I did not think you were attacking me, so no worries there, I must have misunderstood what you meant because I felt that the argument had already gone beyond comparisons to HT's efforts. It was (I thought, at least) taken as read that HT's bar was the highest and the one to reach...even by BCS's own comments.

That's why I was questioning it being brought up again.

As I read you more recent post again, I don't really disagree with much of it, so...yes I misunderstood you.

My bad, sorry.

:duff ?

But whilst Mark clarified the 'not viable in this case' element, I do still stand by the exclusivity + limited run = Higher cost idea. Partly because it feels right to me.

But mainly because I want an ASTON MARTIN and a Veyron :rotfl If I didn't buy so many darned figures, I might actually be able to afford one! :slap:gah::slap:gah:

No problem! :1-1: I'm sure I read too much into your posts as well!

We're all just getting a bit hot under the collar for Mr. Cumberbatch!

No problem! :1-1: I'm sure I read too much into your posts as well!

We're all just getting a bit hot under the collar for Mr. Cumberbatch!

And with those two comments, we are in total agreement!

You do get a better class of argument in this thread. :lol

The funny thing is, this thread is about a character who would get it locked in ten minutes flat just by being himself!

:goodpost: Too right Cap:B.

OT PS: It makes a pleasant change to type Cap:B...I usually type Cap:A as I am collecting THE AVENGERS figures too.

indeed!!!! I was getting scared that this thread would descend into the finger-pointing and name-calling region, which would be a total shame!!! good job for being so upright, all!!

yep... still buying both figs!!!
;)

How am I only just hearing about these!?! : ) I cant wait. They look great thus far.

WOW ! Tons of pages and all BS ...

If you like it ! Buy it ! If you don't ... DON't!

If you want better paint, do what we've done forever and still do, get the heads re-painted by the artist of your choosing !

Now bring on more pics and an order date BCS !

If you want better paint, do what we've done forever and still do, get the heads re-painted by the artist of your choosing !

Thank you for that enlightening contribution. That was very helpful.

I see the Hare Krishnas have been in again...

According to the Radio Times, Steven Moffat has said that the ending of series 3 will leave fans as frustrated as they were for previous series (https://www.radiotimes.com/news/201...s-a-puzzling-climax-to-sherlocks-third-series).

This is great news for BC's Sherlock figures - previously most people have thought that the next series would be the last, because of the growing stardom of the leads. If it was definitely the last, that might put people off from buying figures from a dead franchise. But if there's at least the possibility of a future series that should help sales as people like buying in to something that's still current.

Back