Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked one up for $113 shipped. Price was too good and I have a spare Hartnell body so I’ve got the height issue already sorted.

I love this figure, but having paid full price and reading about all these amazing deals people are getting for it, I’m starting to feel a bit ill!

I guess that’s what it means to be “green with envy”! ;)

:lol :exactly: Same here. Congrats to all those who got a good deal on him though, he's a really great figure :)

I was completely ready to skip him but the reviews here and a good deal changed my mind. Looking forward to finding a place for him with the rest of himselves.

Got my Hurt War Doc and immediately swapped him over to the shorter body. Looks much better and I’m impressed with the final product for the most part. BCS has steadily improved in sculpt and paint work. Nice to have another doctor. Hopefully 8 and the 13 preorder arrive soon.

^ Congrats on getting him :)

Has there been any more updates on Eight, has anyone heard? Thought he was supposed to releasing around now.

^ Thanks for the new update...some serious delays on this one it seems!

Hopefully then he'll be released in time for my birthday in April...that would be a full two years after the original pre-order! :lol

Ahhh, Big Chief. So much for those (so often repeated) promises to better communicate with customers going forward, eh? :lol

At least it's a nice figure. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Got my Hurt War Doc and immediately swapped him over to the shorter body. Looks much better and I’m impressed with the final product for the most part. BCS has steadily improved in sculpt and paint work. Nice to have another doctor. Hopefully 8 and the 13 preorder arrive soon.

The shorter body really does look better. I used the Marty McFly body. Which one did you use?

Ahhh, Big Chief. So much for those (so often repeated) promises to better communicate with customers going forward, eh? :lol

:lol :exactly: Makes me wonder how the 'whole release date window promise' will pan out under their new Launchpad scheme if this release is anything to go by! :lol

Switching factories is a big deal. I imagine after that’s ironed out they will have a more stable schedule, but even HT is having production issues. I don’t guess BCS is slacking off, they want to get product into customers hands ASAP too.

They've rolled out the switching factories excuse after blaming the current factory every time something turned out poorly since pretty much day one, so much like their other claims and promises that often led to nothing, they're way too deep into boy who cried wolf territory for me to take anything they say without a big old grain of salt these days. So I wasn't surprised at all that launchpad didn't actually launch at all last month, or that the nth promise of keeping customers better informed going forward has turned out exactly the same as all such claims before it did, and pretty much straight back to radio silence. It is what it is.

I don't wish Big Chief ill, I still buy their Who related product when they hit, I just don't have any more faith to give them as far as whatever claims or promises they make at any given point any longer, but that's just me, others mileage may vary.

Pretty sure BCS said “probably” November and I don’t know anyone who think probably means a promise about a specific launchpad date. I find it far fetched that BCS want to delay releasing product, that they don’t want to get these into customers hands or that they’re just pissing about on a day to day basis. I don’t think any regular communication could keep some people happy especially when they are convinced every thing said to them is a lie. I’ve found there’s little that can satisfy those, even the release of the product. And I’m not sure about this radio silence accusation, they post actively on FB and answer questions.

They said, on video no less, that the first three launch pad releases would be around the same time frame, during October through to the start of November. We are now a quarter of the way through November and not a single one of those three launches has happened, but far more importantly given their renewed promises of better communication, nor have we been given any information whatsoever about when any of them actually will be going forward.

As for the swipe about "I don’t think any regular communication could keep some people happy especially when they are convinced every thing said to them is a lie. I’ve found there’s little that can satisfy those, even the release of the product", respectfully, what an absolute load of crap. Some of us have been on this journey for the whole seven years with this company since they started, have been over every bump and endured every up and down, and have long memories of everything that has happened over that time. These aren't views borne out of pettiness or impatience, they are borne from actual long term experience with how this company has operated over the years, what they have said, the string of promises that has been made, and what they have ultimately delivered. It is always the factory's fault. They are always just as disappointed as the fans. And they have always switched factories and have put processes in place to make sure it never happens again. Until, you know, it does. Same exact loop. Maybe they actually are doing it right this time, maybe things will change, I genuinely hope so, but many of us long term customers who have still actually stuck by them through thick and thin (and continue to do so) have every right to having a little cynicism when it comes to such promises from Big Chief.

As for active on facebook, we must have very different definitions of that, then, going by past experience at least. They mostly only post whenever they are trying to sell or promote something, and otherwise engage very little. They rarely answer questions from anyone outside their clique, unless they are defending something that hasn't gone down well with most people posting, and had a reputation for having banned an awful lot of people from their facebook feed for asking questions or stating opinions they didn't like, even when that person wasn't being remotely rude or insulting while doing so. They even banned people who have tried to help and answered the questions they couldn't be bothered with from other customers, or rather bafflingly, who merely suggested fellow customers to contact Big Chief directly, as they rarely answer such questions via facebook. To be fair, I don't pay much attention to facebook these days to be honest, as to me there didn't seem to be much point, so perhaps things have changed for the better in recent months in this regard, and if it has good for them, but I haven't heard any indication of that. But if they were really serious about better communications, you would think it would start there.

And no one said they were just pissing about, or anything ridiculous of the sort, but they have a long history of over promising and, too often, under delivering. Maybe they have the best of intentions, they probably do, but continually making promises that you can't, or won't, keep ultimately serves nobody. A lesson in practicality that they should have long since learned by now.

But I guess the truth is, like with anything else, they know that some people have short memories and will always spring to their defense, no matter what they say or do, as will many new customers who haven't been privy to the whole roller coaster ride, so they can probably get away with rolling out the same excuses and promises year after year, despite nothing much ever seeming to actually change long term (so far, at least). Every release still feels like a lucky dip on how it will actually turn out, and it shouldn't. But regardless of mine or anyone else's opinions, ultimately it is their company and they can, and will, run it however they see fit to. I might not agree with some of their methods or their choices, but they are their choices to make. End of story.

Again I hope this really is a turning point, despite my (in my view entirely valid) criticisms, I don't want anything more than for them to do well on a consistent basis, and I still buy their products, but I've been here so many times before when it comes to certain promises that I now require more than just words before I count myself as a true believer. I don't think that is unfair of me, or mean spirited, or illogical. But again, that's just me. Not forcing my views on anyone else, either, but I am certainly entitled to have and express such views, and when appropriate will continue to do so.

I also tend to over-explain my opinions when challenged... :lol

Back