Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - War Doctor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, that's ok then, I thought I had missed an announcement or something! :)

Nope you are well ahead of the game. There's already three other figures in the queue ahead of the War Doctor, so I'm sure this won't even be scheduled for release before Q1/Q2 of next year at the earliest.

A week from tomorrow. :panic:

08b62b6cf1e7adf6ec1ccd22c339a398.jpg

I still wish the likeness to Hurt was stronger. And I still find the hair sculpt rather odd looking in places. And I still find Big Chief a frustrating company to deal with at times. And yet like the hopeless Who fanatic I am, I'll still probably buy it anyway... :lol

I concur with the parrot !! Haha
I'll be getting the thing for sure though!!

Yeah the likeness is looking a bit cartoony to me for some reason. Although I suppose with a better paintjob that could be lessened somewhat.

Either way it's just not a Doctor I really need to have.

Interest seems to really be dropping off on this line here.
Back in the day, they're would be posts popping up every other second during preorder night.
Today, nothing. Anyways, I'm still keen. My signature edition order is confirmed. So now I'm waiting for four Who figures from BC.
This one, I was pleased to see comes with the box.

Ordered too!! Just the limited edition version for me though. :rock Gone for the deposit option this time, as it's been a heavy last few months for me 1/6 wise!!! :thud:

^ Agreed tho, the thread has been quiet considering it's just gone up for pre-order, but I'm still very much interested in this line as well, still hoping we eventually get figures of all the Doctors. :pray:

Well Tennant, Smith and Capaldi were probably the Doctors most people were interested in getting, given that they're the most recent. I'm not really surprised there's much less interest in a War Doctor or in some of the companions.

I'm still in for all of the Doctors and select companions and monsters and have just ordered the War Doctor. Really hoping we see a new classic Doctor revealed after Eccleston releases. I assume McGann will be next but even a tease of a new classic Doctor would be nice.

I guess it's only to be expected that his sales won't go flying off the shelves. He was only in one episode after all.

I want a Peter Davison figure. I know it might be awhile until we get there, but he's on the top of my list.

I get it all right. I'm really happy we're getting Mr Hurt's Doctor and look forward to owning it.
I'd agree that it's likely we will see McGann next.

I'm still in for all of the Doctors and select companions and monsters and have just ordered the War Doctor. Really hoping we see a new classic Doctor revealed after Eccleston releases. I assume McGann will be next but even a tease of a new classic Doctor would be nice.

:exactly: Me too!! Looking forward to McGann but I really really want a Second Doctor figure!! :pray:

As expected, I had to get the sig edition. The payment plan is the great saving grace of Big Chief for me, I barely notice the instalments each month, and by the time the figure ships it almost feels like all I paid was the final shipping cost. Almost. It certainly dulls the pain of the high end prices a bit, anyway.

I imagine either Eight or Captain Jack are next, but I really wish we'd get another classic era Doctor, and I wonder what happened to that Fourth Doctor variant (was it just a variant clothes set, or a planned full release) and K-9?

This line may not have a lot of heat behind it, but it at least appears to be stable and sustainable in a way that I can't recall any previous high end market Who lines being, so even if it just keeps slowly petering along, hopefully we'll at least get all the Doctors eventually. With the War Doctor we're officially past the halfway point now on achieving that, so here's hoping.

Glad this guy exists - really hoping for multiple McGann variants when that prototype finally becomes official and the care taken with the War Doctor compared to previous releases is heartening. Despite my caution with this company (seriously 1/6 scale Doctors should have been an absolute shoe-in for me) McGann will be a must-buy.

Back