Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second head sculpt looks nice but I think I still prefer the first. Especially when wearing the glasses.

Last edited:
Yeah Big Chief are doing a second run to finish out the edition size, apparently.

Yeah Big Chief are doing a second run to finish out the edition size, apparently.
So they didn't make the full amount the first time around? That's...interesting. Not necessarily what I would call a bad business method. I mean, given the event they didn't think the full amount would sell, they could just publically announce they are dropping the edition size, whereas in this case, it was profitable to go the full allotment. Never seen this done but it is worth studying a bit.

Given that the edition size for this was, if I recall correctly, set at 2000, it would likely have had to be done in batches anyway, so if the sales weren't as high as they liked by time of production then it may have just been a case of delaying production of the final batch(es) rather than a pre-planned strategy.

Of course that's all just supposition on my part, they may just want to avoid another controversy, like they had when they did a second unnumbered run of the original Sherlock figures, and the narrative of completing an unfinished run fit that purpose. Honestly I'm not too fussed what the real story is, but I am very curious to see if the paint jobs on this second run are any better...

He had a great sculpt. I found the paint up to be weak. I didn’t do anything to the face, but my mate fit a little work in the hair .
However, I’m still a fan of this and the 10th Doctor in general.

Only problem I have, is my 10th Doctor is totally beside himself.

Back