Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input!

I can't decide which headsculpt I like best. So I think I'm gonna go for both and make the ultimate 10th from the parts. Expensive, but as one of my favourite characters, he has to be well represented in my collection!

he is one of my favs also so you can see why i was so dissapointed really. sometime i kinda regret sending blue back, but then I see a picture of him and remember how bad I thought he was

I have never seen it in hand, but it seems like the main weakness is the paint on the Headsculpt. I have someone lined up to redo it for me, and I have the Jim Gordon shirt to go with Cadaver's ties. I think it should look pretty great.
Once I have both figures in hand I can decide on my favourite look. I don't think I'll be disappointed.
If only the 10th Tardis was due a little sooner.

Trying to find a head sculpt has been impossible. My hopeful Purple Man custom still is waiting.

I have never seen it in hand, but it seems like the main weakness is the paint on the Headsculpt. I have someone lined up to redo it for me, and I have the Jim Gordon shirt to go with Cadaver's ties. I think it should look pretty great.
Once I have both figures in hand I can decide on my favourite look. I don't think I'll be disappointed.
If only the 10th Tardis was due a little sooner.

I think mixing and matching is the best way to go about it. the only thing I don't like about the blue suit is that its a bit dark.

20160202_230719_zpsonspu4mx.jpg

20160203_214753_zpsxxxuwkhx.jpg

Thanks for the input!

I can't decide which headsculpt I like best. So I think I'm gonna go for both and make the ultimate 10th from the parts. Expensive, but as one of my favourite characters, he has to be well represented in my collection!

Out of the box I'd have to say the first headsculpt looks the best. It's a bit of a simple and cartoonish sculpt, but the paintjob is a whole lot better and it captures the younger and more boyish Tennant really well.

That said though, I've always preferred the blue suit and slightly older looking Tennant, and after a repaint which brought out the more realistic detail, that figure became my absolute, hands-down favorite (so much that I didn't feel the need to even keep the original anymore, and recently sold it).

But again, it does unfortunately take a repaint to get the figure there.

have you seen that smiling head? its damn creepy and i dont think its particularly great. im expecting the finished version wont look like the one in the promos either and am expecting a poor paint app too

9th-doctor-series-1-gallery-20.jpg
9th-doctor-series-1-gallery-19.jpg
12009579_10154286738186002_4285390280115841795_n.jpg

I'm thinking about picking up a Series 4 Tenth Doctor figure AND a QMx 1/6 Captain Malcolm Reynolds figure from Firefly to be posed next to each other on a shelf. I know its an odd pairing, but the figures represent together two shows that my wife and I loved together and I'd love to put the figures on the shelf next to our DVD's.

I'm wondering if any of you guys who have the 10th Doctor may also have the Reynolds figure? I would love to see a picture of them together to see if the quality is comparable enough to look good together. I have several Hot Toys, but I'm guessing that neither of these are Hot Toys level so I wouldn't want them right next to any of those, but the question is how do they look together?

I have both as well, but I'm not sure I'd want to display them next to each other myself. The Mal head is a lot bigger (more the size of the old Sideshow Indy or Buffy heads) while also being painted a whole lot better than the Series 4 Tennant.

Honestly I hadn't noticed the size when I put them next to each other (although it was only briefly while I took some pictures) but you are right about the paint. I had both my 10th Doctors repainted. Love them now!

With nice paint touches, the second Tennant headsculpt is the best so far. Better proportions than the first version too.
Tennant.jpeg

Last edited:
Oddly enough I already have one of those! Not the best picture, but here you go! (Wrong doctor I know but should give you an idea!)
View attachment 268353

Thanks, the picture looks good, I like the idea of this figures together as if in some sort of cross over episode. I would love to see a front on side by side comparison where they were both at the same distance a way.

I have both as well, but I'm not sure I'd want to display them next to each other myself. The Mal head is a lot bigger (more the size of the old Sideshow Indy or Buffy heads) while also being painted a whole lot better than the Series 4 Tennant.

A drastic difference in head size could be a real problem. Do you mind taking a few pics of them together side by side so I could see?

Wow, that Martha figure actually holds up pretty well next to the BCS figure. I might have to consider picking one up now (since it seems doubtful BCS will ever make one of her).

Back