Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked up The Christmas Invasion version of 10....as there isn't a designated thread for it i'll sick these in here for those interested..

It's pretty much a bare-bones figure but a nice little piece...if like me you're a fan of that christmas special:)

The sculpt is a little quirky looking but still a good likeness to Tennant and with far better paint apps than the season 4 version...

View attachment 436877View attachment 436879View attachment 436876View attachment 436878View attachment 436874View attachment 436875

Nice pics. I actually think the expression was sculpted pretty well on that head. It's just the badly sculpted teeth and weirdly painted eyes that throw it off for me.

It's a 'kill it with fire' head sculpt for me, personally, I'm afraid. Pure nightmare fuel. I own one, along with all the other incentive parts, but it just doesn't work for me, at all. There's something just inherently 'off' about it, that just makes it look more creepy (to me) than anything else.

Still, that's just me. As long as you like it and enjoy owning and displaying it, that's all that should ever matter, to any of us, in the long run. :)

having recently rewatched my 10th dr who era dvds my love of 10th doctor/david tennant was rekindled for the past month i’ve been thinking about getting the blue suit version of the 10th dr for a while.I finally have birthday money so it was now or never to get him.i was going to get him off zavvi but by the time my birthday money cleared sold out so bought from big chief itself as i dare not risk the 2 seller with hardly any sales over the past year on ebay. the pyjama version is scary big chief would have to pay me to take it off their hands �� big chief now only have 2 left i suspect price well increase as their having some xmas in july sale so hurry if you want him too.

having recently rewatched my 10th dr who era dvds my love of 10th doctor/david tennant was rekindled for the past month i’ve been thinking about getting the blue suit version of the 10th dr for a while.I finally have birthday money so it was now or never to get him.i was going to get him off zavvi but by the time my birthday money cleared sold out so bought from big chief itself as i dare not risk the 2 seller with hardly any sales over the past year on ebay. the pyjama version is scary big chief would have to pay me to take it off their hands �� big chief now only have 2 left i suspect price well increase as their having some xmas in july sale so hurry if you want him too.

Ten is a great figure, and I'm glad that Big Chief were able to sell out of quite an ambitious production run.

I'm always quite torn between the Series 2 and the Series 4 version. Series 2 has his colourings more accurate, but looks a little cheaper, more cartoonish. Series 4 looks incredibly realistic, but the hair is a touch too dark, and the skin tone is a tiny bit off. Maybe they'll get him perfect if the rumoured space suit version ever materialises!

I have all 3, love them, also the pyjama version, only mine has extremely loose feet, will probably change the body.

You all need to watch Good Omens. Tennant at his finest. Enjoyed it immensely. :newangel :snake

Make Crowley & Aziraphale figures please. Tennant sells. :wink1:

I have all 3, love them, also the pyjama version, only mine has extremely loose feet, will probably change the body.

You all need to watch Good Omens. Tennant at his finest. Enjoyed it immensely. :newangel :snake

:goodpost: I 100% agree with this!! :rock They'd make excellent figures.

funny you say that i only a few days ago started watching good omens i’m already in love with Crowley and Azira.So I second good omens figures being made.i still live in hope of barty crouch jnr being a figure or funko pop.

my 10th dr in blue suit despatched today arrives tomorrow,he’ll only be joining a small david tennant figure/plush family lol

8DB72D99-983F-441C-8150-0DE7FB0149B2.jpg

I watched it at the beginning of June, can't wait to rewatch again after I moved into my new flat and some other Tennant stuff I missed. I didn't watch it for Tennant actually and never heard of the book before, just kinda caught my attention because I'm always interested in stuff with angels and demons. Kinda thought might be watchable and it's short as I didn't want to start any longer shows, didn't expect to get hit so hard in the feels as the kids say, lol. Man I LOVE it, first time after several years that I really enjoyed a show SO much and got obsessed with it. Last was Constantine. Actually thought I had lost my ability to fangirl, safe to say that part of my soul still exists. :)

It's all just so me, a combination of everything I love and enjoy. :love Plus Tennant as Crowley = hot as hell. :devil :thud:

I only just recently got that 10th Doctor plushie, lucky as it seems rare nowadays. I should get that Superbitz as long as it's still available.

^ I really enjoyed it too, great show, Crowley and Aziraphale were perfectly cast IMO - I have watched it twice already (as well as read the book) and will definitely re-watch again at some point. :)

Nice collection Loobop! :clap

Finally got my 10th doctor figure yesterday :yess: I wanted him for a long time now, it's my first 1/6 figure ( never took the jump and buy one, its scary at first to put so much money at a figure ^^ ) But now that i have him, he is just perfect. No regret at all and i'am amaze by the quality. I read and seen a lot of bad things about him ( not that good face paint, coat too big, accesories badly paint). But in fact when you have him in hand, he is just fantastic. The likeness is incredible, and the paint really good, you can see the different colours in his hair and all. The suit, the shoes, are really well done. The accesories are remarquably painted for things this small. Its been a long time since i was so happy to receive something, so i'am really excited to have him ^^ I order the war and 9th doctor in the same time so i cant wait to receive them in the next few weeks.

There is still some issues with it i must admit :

-Even if the coat is not as baggy as i thought, you can still see around the shoulders that it is a bit too big. But i'm sure that can be fix.
-The glasses are nice but they dont properly fit on the head, from some angles they look good but in other its just awful.

Here are some pictures i took yesterday, i'll try to post more when i learn how to perfectly pose it.

ps : anyone also got a stand with just "doctor who" on it and not a gallifreyan symbol ? i thought they all come with gallifreyan one ?
9svFTr
c2gqXk.jpg
pSdZD9.jpg
7Gh9Kz.jpg
ug6a7r.jpg
pjmuAf.jpg
3n4oe8.jpg
TRlBGv.jpg
4WiqhR.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/8537/ffFzIk.jpg
9MGM1H.jpg
1DCLDf.jpg
rbJTAs.jpg

Meh. The detail is ok but not brilliant. This was the first and only time i was dissapointed with a figure, so much so that i sent him back. The paint app is terrible and its no surprise that so many people sent the hs off to be repainted. The coat is too light, hair is too dark and the blue is too dark also. BC bodies are also still terrible and joints get loose very quickly (dont get me started on that damn creepy pj version they did).

If this is your first figure, wait till you buy a Hot Toys figure, then you will see how poor this is in comparison. Big chief still arent quite there yet and shouldnt be charging what they charge for their figs. The promos for this 10, 9 and war doctors looked amazing but thats not what people received. Their 3rd doctor looks incredible, but i guarantee the figure you receive will not look anywhere near as good. Its time BC sorted it out and stopped blaming the factories all the time. Theyve claimed to have changed factories quite a few times now and still they cant get it right. When you charge people hot toys prices and send out subpar figures, theres something wrong and i dont know why people keep throwing money at them and delude themselves into thinking they are great. Their rose figure is atrocious yet people think its near perfect.

Since geewhiz did the tailoring for pertwee, i expect the clothes will be near flawless. The headsculpt however will probably be pretty decent but heavily let down by the paintwork. Im also expecting mcgann to be a let down and looks to be that way from their recent crosseyed, broad shouldered picture they released.

Not to be mean or anything but i knew you were going to comment, i read almost all the post here and almost every time when someone says they like this figure you come and say how terrible it is :/ The paint app may be not perfect but it is quite good when you have the figure in hand, the problem could be more the too much neutral face. The color are a bit off i admit that, except for the hair i dont find it too dark and there is even some light color in it. And for the body mine is really hard will see if it stays that way or not.

I never bought a hot toys but there is a store in my city when you can see and handle them if you want, so i never said it was better than hot toys ^^ Thats true that the price is too high, but big chief is a small company that doesnt sell as much figure as hot toys, with very limited number of figure, and usually when you preorder a figure you have some bonus like a reduced price, some incencitives, and even in the case of 3rd doctor a signed print. And when you dont preorder it you can still find them at a good price ( got the 10th for 200?, but it was even less on zavvi but sold out before i could get him, the war for 150? and 9th for 180?). Once again i never said it was perfect just that it was better than what i thought it would be and that i liked it. Maybe their next figures wont be that good or maybe they will be perfect you can never know ^^ I

preorder the 3rd and will soon do the same for the 8th, if they are not as good as i expected or too much different than the promotionnal pics dont worry i'll complain to them and i'm sure a lot of other people will. But for the time being i give them the benefit of the doubt, they changed their factories, they renewed the licence, they are focusing on classic doctor, so for now everything seems good just have to wait and see.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

I did start out with Big Chief Doctor Who figures as well. They were my first 1:6 figures and and didn't understand all the comments about lightweight floppy bodies.
Only once I held one of the (unofficial) Logan figures in my hands I realized how heavy and good that one felt. Also the body itself, the texture, feeling more like rubber and showing all kinds of little veins and muscles. There is a huge difference to what the Tenth Doctor looks like underneath. But then again I'll never undress him anyway as I never would be able to get the tie back on.

All that matters in the end is that you like it as you did put out the money for it. Many dislike Rose, I don't. It would be awful if I regretted pre-ordering her but I don't. I have been lucky so far to not have real disappointments.

The only one that I think looks not good is the first Sherlock. His face paint is all flat and he does not photograph very well because of that. If I hold it next to the second (Victorian) Sherlock, that one is so much better. So yeah, they are learning. Also the first Sherlock is not able to stand on his own. His ankles are so loose, he always falls down.

But with Ten I clearly prefer the first version in brown suit over the blue one. Yours looks like it is from the second run and the shirt collar and tie knot look so much better and tighter than mine. I wish someone could tell me what to do about that. No matter where I try to pull, it does not make any difference. If I had known better ones would come out later, I would have waited getting him. And who knows, even the face paint might be better now, even if slightly.

Here is a picture of mine. See what I mean? And because of that issue, he does not get much love in my pictures :(

DSC06403.jpg

I dont think there is much difference between the two run because they just finished the production, i dont think they 'll go throught the trouble of improving it. Maybe in some the tie and shirt are better put on the figure. But i could be wrong because the body of mine is quite heavy and the articulation stiff, not at hot toys level but still good. For the texture details they only need to do the hands and head for the doctor, so when you look at them you can see little wrinkles. The tie and shirt came exactly like yours i just had to push it down and work with it, and pull the tie ( see picture). You can also go to page 20/30 ( dont remember exactly) when people explain how to remove the shirt and all and tie the tie back correctly. Also the biggest issue i think with taking picture of him is that the details on his face are quite subtle and dont translate well on picture, look at the one i just took with my phone with the flash one : no details. But when i look at him i can see all the different colors little wrinkles etc..
e4b08985fc52d6aeed64887d04c6e0b1.jpg
18325228730b9896d74dbb00df77de2a.jpg

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Back