Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Doctor Who, but not enough to drop another 300 euros on a figure I already own for a slightly better sculpt. Because let's face it, they won't match Hot Toys quality. And it's not as if I'm unhappy with the ones I already own. I'd jump on a new 12 though, since I missed that one. Re-Release, S10, whatever. Preferably with a Signature option.

I won't buy it either, but its nice for those who miss them. I'll probably grab the head and coat of they are really better. And i also really want a new 12th with his season 9 look.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

I won't buy it either, but its nice for those who miss them. I'll probably grab the head and coat of they are really better. And i also really want a new 12th with his season 9 look.

Yeah, good point abut other collectors. It will sting a bit, but like I said, this isn't HT, the HS won't be all that different. I bought a Tommy Shelby, but I'm not expecting a homerun. I do certainly want a 12. Dunno about his looks, I'd take either S10 or the Maroon coat. I hope it's not the quasi-hoodie costume though.

I don't know, they are getting better, but the sculpt was already pretty good so the only thing they need to improve is the paint
I absolutly love his outfit with the hoodie personally. Or maybe is damaged outfit from twice upon a time. That could be interesting. Anything except his season 8 look again, i much prefer his later outfit and crazier hair.
They already made him with that coat as a convention exclusive so i don't think they will remake him.

Oh yeah, they did make that exclusive. Bummer. I hated the hoodie personally. I want a look with a coat, a vest, a jacket, something Doctor-like. I don’t mind the longer hair, I just don’t much care for the “grandpa dressed in hip clothing” look.

I wish more than anything I had gotten that sculpt they sold seperately with the longer hair.

But someone with a face like Capaldi really demanded an attached neck.

For those of you who already own DrW Big Chief 1/6 figures ... what are your thoughts about the overall quality of the figures?

For those of you who already own DrW Big Chief 1/6 figures ... what are your thoughts about the overall quality of the figures?
They are all quite good. With the exception of Amy and Rose i would say. Of course they are not perfect and some have issues, but are overall nice figures.

The ones I have, I a truly love. The only figure that has any issues is Tom Baker. His joints are really floppy, but with the stand, he's good.

If you are a Doctor Who fan and have the disposable money, I'd say they are worth it. Just don't expect Hot Toys paint apps.

I don't know what the aftermarket on the main docs are right now, but I don't think they're worth much more than their retail, if even that. They're lovingly crafted but nowhere near the standard of figures even a few years ago. I think the height of their output was the purple coat 11. Keep in mind, I say this owning 10, 11, 12, and the Tardis.

At this point, unless you can get a good deal on them, I think you're better off seeing if their new production standards live up to the samples they've been showing from the factory. Should they really have turned a new leaf and gotten things to a new standard, you might be best to wait to jump in when they redo the key Nuwho docs (and whatever they may stir up in-between). But with that being said, keep in mind that you'll be waiting half a lifetime given their output.

Of course they are not worth it if you pay something like 300-500?. But for me nothing is worth paying 2 or 3 times the price just because they are not made anymore. They definitly are up to standard (not hot toys standard but other company like threezero asmus toys etc..) in terms of the quality of their figures. Except on some like Amy, Rose, or the 10th doctor paint apps. But their last one the 8th doctor is almost perfect with just minor issues. And base on what i saw their recent James Bond seems really good.
So yes don't except hot toys paint app but they don't need to be at that level, almost nobody is at their level in that area. Some come close sometimes but thats it. I much prefer that figures are made by company like bcs or asmus whom are fan of what they are doing even if its not the greatest figure ever.

I would of course wait for them to redo 10th & 11th if you want them, except if you can find a very good deal and get the one already made for cheap.

I wouldn't worry about the production time. If they release everything this year the maximum waiting time for some figures would be 2 year which is acceptable. And if the 3rd doctor really arrive in march, with a 8 month delay due to covid, that means they can really make a figure in 1 year. But even if it takes them 2 year to make a figure there is nothing wrong, even hot toys give a two year window now.

I really appreciate all the responses and I need to apologize, I wasn't very clear in my initial post. I was wondering about Big Chief generally speaking, and the responses have been very informative and kind of what I was expecting/hoping for. I'm considering ordering their Laurel and Hardy set and for that price I wanted the opinions of people who own Big Chief figures. Thanks again for the input.

Back