Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if you check your order it says it has a Sonic Expansion pack for no cost.

Nearly didn't get it, then nearly had two of em!!
My dad got confused with payment, and used his Detsils instead of mine...
Anyway it's all sorted. Should be arriving in time, for Christmas!!!

Amy Pond sculpt is not that bad. Plus they give you a free new head. And they dropped the price. Though I got a number in the mid 100's so it looks like they've still have a few left. The new head looks a lot better, though not sure I want to bother putting it on. The other one is okay too.

Though one of the boots keeps falling off.

Just passing along an update I just got from BCS on this figure. The release date has now been pushed back to...... Sept-Oct, apparently because of slow sales due to the series being off the air last year, and the desire to keep the order window open longer.

Companions just aren't sellers. I think for a companion to sell it would help if they were a "classic" companion. Not just the most recent menu item.

Outside of K-9, I'm not even convinced most classic companions would sell much better, at least at this price point, despite the fact that I'd probably buy them myself. That said, Sarah Jane Smith would be their best bet, particularly if they included both young and older head sculpts in order to get the widest possible interest from old and new fans alike.

The only other companion I'd take a punt on if I were in their shoes is the Brig, just because he was so beloved and crossed so many eras and played opposite so many different Doctors.

Outside of those, the only other classic character that I think would sell would be Delgado's Master, much of which would also able to be repurposed for an Ainley Master release as well (or just include his head sculpt and an alternate Ainley Master's big collared jacket as an incentive).

Other than perhaps those, and the remaining Doctors, I just don't see much else selling in numbers enough to be worth making, much as I wish it were otherwise, and honestly, I think they'd be better off concentrating on just getting all the Doctors made first anyway, then see if there's much hunger out there at this price point for companions, enemies, monsters, and the like.

Just passing along an update I just got from BCS on this figure. The release date has now been pushed back to...... Sept-Oct, apparently because of slow sales due to the series being off the air last year, and the desire to keep the order window open longer.

The further we get out from Clara the more likely it is people forget about her, she really should have been released with 12.

It would be a shame if that was the case, as for my money she was one of the best and most memorable companions in the history of the show. Especially with her bold personality and the huge role she played in the Doctor's life (both of which I know drives some fans crazy, for reasons I'll never understand).

Amy is my favourite companion but Clara is a close second. I'd love River too, if they don't think she would sell well enough to make a full figure I'd be happy with just the head.

But I have to say this was the last time I paid in full so far in advance. From now on I'll just do deposit and the rest when it's ready to ship.

Amy is my favourite companion but Clara is a close second. I'd love River too, if they don't think she would sell well enough to make a full figure I'd be happy with just the head.

But I have to say this was the last time I paid in full so far in advance. From now on I'll just do deposit and the rest when it's ready to ship.
:exactly: Same here, that exactly what I do now....I appreciate that these things get delayed...but the BCS delays are another matter entirely! :slap

That's why I pay over payment plan, with the maximum number of payments I barely even notice the money going out each month, and it's still paid off well and truly in advance of release. then I just have to pay shipping whenever it finally comes out. Personally I like having things paid for in advance, as it means that no matter what else is happening at the time of release (I can't predict what will be happening 12 to 18 months down the line, even at the best of times), I never have to struggle for funds.

That's why I pay over payment plan, with the maximum number of payments I barely even notice the money going out each month, and it's still paid off well and truly in advance of release. then I just have to pay shipping whenever it finally comes out. Personally I like having things paid for in advance, as it means that no matter what else is happening at the time of release (I can't predict what will be happening 12 to 18 months down the line, even at the best of times), I never have to struggle for funds.

Their payment plan is fantastic, I wish more companies would offer similar plans. Last fall I got hit with 3 Batman and Deadpool within a month or so which was quite painful.

Back