Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's certainly another big advantage, if you collect a wider range of things. With these it doesn't matter how the release date shifts, I never have to worry about these dropping at the same time as other things and conflicting or piling up with other pricey releases from other companies. Whenever they finally drop it's just a shipping cost to cover.

Want to sell Clara? Make her bonus a hoodie/graphic tee, glasses, and guitar expansion pack for 12. That's how you get people to both associate her with 12 AND give greater incentive for purchase.

Yup. The companion figure NEEDS to be seen as a companion piece to a Who figure already purchased .
Capaldi's Doctor is now synonymous with a hoodie and a guitar. I know mine felt more complete once I'd got those.
Throw them in with Clara and it will make her a more enticing purchase to those who are on the fence .

Want to sell Clara? Make her bonus a hoodie/graphic tee, glasses, and guitar expansion pack for 12. That's how you get people to both associate her with 12 AND give greater incentive for purchase.

I'd buy her if she came with a Queen Victoria expansion pack. :lol

Last edited:
I thought it was Queen Victoria she played...unless you are referring to some Dr Who episode I must have missed. :dunno

That's why I pay over payment plan, with the maximum number of payments I barely even notice the money going out each month, and it's still paid off well and truly in advance of release. then I just have to pay shipping whenever it finally comes out. Personally I like having things paid for in advance, as it means that no matter what else is happening at the time of release (I can't predict what will be happening 12 to 18 months down the line, even at the best of times), I never have to struggle for funds.

Yeah that's what I've done with every BCS figure as well, although ultimately all those convenient payments don't mean much if you still end up with a disappointing figure in the end that doesn't come even close to the prototype (as was the case with Amy, the second Ten, and Nine). Which is why I'm now holding off on preordering any future BCS figures.

All I can do is just hope and pray that their amazing sculpt for Clara doesn't get altered or screwed up in some way...

That's a great idea! :clap :clap I think they would do quite well with that. :)

I just noticed in looking over my budgets that I still have shipping money set aside for this, anyone know any real updates for her?

I just noticed in looking over my budgets that I still have shipping money set aside for this, anyone know any real updates for her?

September/October release was the last I heard...who knows though!!! I'm half expecting a further delay! :slap

It's Big Chief, sadly they don't really seem to be bothered to give updates, so who knows...

Might get Clara by the end of the year, but God only knows when the War Doctor will arrive.

It's Big Chief, sadly they don't really seem to be bothered to give updates, so who knows...

Might get Clara by the end of the year, but God only knows when the War Doctor will arrive.

:exactly: :( I really wanna know when the War Doctor is getting released too (need to know for budgeting reasons as I need to pay off almost the full balance! :lol )...I thought he was slated for June...but seeing as we are now nearing the end of July and still nothing... and yet again no updates from BCS!!! :gah:

I really thought that this thread being bumped meant the figure was released.
Got to say I'm getting frustrated with BCS. They have promised this for months.. and where is the Captain Scarlet preorder promised for last month???

:exactly: :( I really wanna know when the War Doctor is getting released too (need to know for budgeting reasons as I need to pay off almost the full balance! :lol )...I thought he was slated for June...but seeing as we are now nearing the end of July and still nothing... and yet again no updates from BCS!!! :gah:

I just looked at my account and The War Doctor preorder appears to have gone up August 20th last year. Coming up to the one year anniversary now with no word of when it's coming. I like these figures but the wait for them and the lack of communication from Big Chief is frustrating.

It's the lack of communication that I find most annoying. I expect delays, but I'd just like to be informed about them when they happen, so I can better plan my discretionary spending in advance.

Yeah I agree with you both there. Delays are inevitable and I've gotten used to the long waits tbh...but it would be nice if BCS kept their customers informed, even if it was just a rough release date estimate. Don't know whether to pay off some of my Layaway orders (which are nearly paid off) or keep the money for this just in case they get it in stock next month! :gah:

Back