Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Clara Oswald

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't hate Clara as a character, but I'm not a big fan of her. However, if the final product is as good as this proto, I have to buy it. It's a fantastic sculpt and I really like the layered clothing. Hopefully nothing gets lost in the translation with the actual product ( ie: weak paint app, clothing too bulky)

In my opinion, all of BC's paint apps are doll-like - very flat. As I said in another thread, they remind me of Tonner dolls. I've had my two BC figures repainted.

that headsculpt is really impressive, one of the best i have seen yet in the world of 1/6 i think.

I'm busy sending 'tickets' to BC about a no show 12, then I see 5 new figures all at once in an email my mate sends!
Clara, as a character was OK, it was the relationship with the Danny dude that bored me.

This figure is pretty much spot on, and yes, i'll be ordering as soon as it is available. of the five that ive seen today, the females rank lowest, but still with a decent score. And this Clara, i think is better than Rose; Rose will sell better due to the popularity of the character.

The more I look at this Clara the more I think this is their best figure yet. When you consider that female figures are generally harder to sculpt than make figures that makes it all the more impressive.

Yeah, if they can match her in production she will be their best figure yet, I think. The sculpt is amazing. I love that they captured some of her personality and expression there. Fingers crossed on this.

I really like Clara, she has been the only good thing about the show for me since Matt Smith left actually...figure looks great in that pic. :)

Yeah, if they can match her in production she will be their best figure yet, I think. The sculpt is amazing. I love that they captured some of her personality and expression there. Fingers crossed on this.

:exactly: The little smile's nice, and there's a hint of a glimmer in the eyes. The eyes might be trouble for the final production version, but if it matches this prototype, I will be very impressed. Among all the newly revealed figures from today, this is definitely the one I'm most interested in.

I love Clara. Easily my favorite of the new Who companions. And this looks really great.

The more I look at this Clara the more I think this is their best figure yet. When you consider that female figures are generally harder to sculpt than make figures that makes it all the more impressive.

:exactly: I think its one of the best female figures I've seen.

This is a beautiful looking figure and a great job on the head sculpt...even if this is still in prototype phase, it doesn't look like there's a lot left to do. :clap

The biggest question I have is if this is the final sizing for the body itself (and I understand that in this hobby we sometimes have to be willing to give a bit when it comes to proportions)? Jenna Coleman is significantly shorter than her co-stars at 5' 2" versus Peter Capaldi at 6'. Many of the Doctor's companions like Carole Ann Ford and Sarah Sutton were about the same height, so it would make sense to have a new smaller female body that could be used for many of the Doctor's companions.

Yeah the bodies for both Clara and Rose are just way too skinny. Of course HT made Scarlett Johansson way too skinny in all their figures as well, so it's obviously a common problem.

Seems like the only thing they ever want to vary up on these female figures is the breast size. Lol

Back