Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Third Doctor

ALL ABOUT this Third Doctor figure. Really excited we're getting him, and he looks superb. I like that he's scowling, because even though I like Pertwee in his more kind moments, he was always great when he was kind of fiery and annoyed. lol.

That looks great, but so it should for a figure of a craggy old man.

John Pertwee is my fav Doctor. I know a lot of people like Tom Baker the best but for me John is number 1. The sculpt on the proto is fantastic imo.

Thank you for sharing that pic Astra!! :hi5:k

Thanks for posting Astra...

Thanks for the pic, Astra.

You're welcome! I didn't do much, we should thank Big Chief Studios for taking a close-up when it was requested on the Facebook page.

...hopefully they'll tweak the shirt cuffs..they should be ruffled/frilled..

Right, I totally overlooked that!
You know, I am watching this Doctor right now for the first time. Granted, I started out with "Need to check out Sean's Dad" trying to look for similarities (I am doing it all the wrong way around, you know). Within the first couple of episodes I had fallen in love, ordered Jon's biography which is a very funny read, highly recommended, and commited to this figure. All within a few hours. That escalated quickly. I totally can see why he is everyone's favorite.

Thanks so much for the picture, Astra!

MAN I’ve been anxious for this one! It looks great, though I do wish they’d done his red jacket and blue/purple-lined cloak.

I just hope the final version looks as good as the prototype!

You're welcome! I didn't do much, we should thank Big Chief Studios for taking a close-up when it was requested on the Facebook page.

Right, I totally overlooked that!
You know, I am watching this Doctor right now for the first time. Granted, I started out with "Need to check out Sean's Dad" trying to look for similarities (I am doing it all the wrong way around, you know). Within the first couple of episodes I had fallen in love, ordered Jon's biography which is a very funny read, highly recommended, and commited to this figure. All within a few hours. That escalated quickly. I totally can see why he is everyone's favorite.

The Pertwee years had some cracking stories...one of the great era's in the show's history

Star Wars fans are moaning about no news from HT on new figures.... but I'm over here hoping for BCS to reveal the Pertwee specs.

It's lonely sometimes being a Doctor Who fan. :monkey2

The Pertwee years had some cracking stories...one of the great era's in the show's history

I've been gradually making my way through the Pertwee era again lately, up to Mind of Evil at the moment. But you're right, a very under-rated era these days. It's just a shame that the picture quality is quite variable during much of the Pertwee years, but at least all the episodes are still with us.

Star Wars fans are moaning about no news from HT on new figures.... but I'm over here hoping for BCS to reveal the Pertwee specs.

It's lonely sometimes being a Doctor Who fan. :monkey2

They might be waiting until they have a firm date on Eight shipping before they put Three up. I imagine they will want it up for order before the series 11 hype starts really drawing power, too.

Then again it is Big Chief, and they often move in mysterious ways... :p

I hope so, but we'll see.

Big Chief are apparently changing the way they offer product from here on out, no longer selling anything outside their own website (applies to all future product releases, not current pre-orders), and also taking on some kind of crowdfunding model to determine what does and doesn't get made, the exact details of which they remain vague on so far, so who knows what is going to happen with all of that.

Big Chief are apparently changing the way they offer product from here on out, no longer selling anything outside their own website (applies to all future product releases, not current pre-orders), and also taking on some kind of crowdfunding model to determine what does and doesn't get made, the exact details of which they remain vague on so far, so who knows what is going to happen with all of that.

Grrr... I was looking forward to pre-ordering from my favorite retailer and not having to pay $250 months in advance for a figure.

Between this move and their sudden need to switch factories, I’m getting very sketched out.

Grrr... I was looking forward to pre-ordering from my favorite retailer and not having to pay $250 months in advance for a figure.

Between this move and their sudden need to switch factories, I’m getting very sketched out.

They have flexpay options.

Crowdfunding models? Hmmm. This should be interesting to see what wins out with what options. Depending on who is voting/buying and how they set it up you might get multiples of certain characters and not even see others anywhere near being done...

You never know what's in the mind of other collectors, or where the majority of paying customers desires truly lay. This could make it easier to get the remaining Doctors made, because the majority want the Doctors finished above all else, or it could lead to nothing but new series based releases and more Tennant variants. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what rolls out.

The Thirteenth Doctor pre-order is part of the new pre-order plans, so I guess we'll start hearing some details of Big Chief's expanded plans soon...ish.

Crowdfunding models? Hmmm. This should be interesting to see what wins out with what options. Depending on who is voting/buying and how they set it up you might get multiples of certain characters and not even see others anywhere near being done...

:exactly: Sounds intriguing although in the case of Doctor Who I'd be a tad worried about some of the 'not-so-popular' classic Doctors not being made. I myself want the full set, but yep, doing it like this could mean a load of Nu-Who related releases - still on the plus side though I'd save myself a ton of money as I pretty much have all the figures I want from the Nu-Who series!! :lol

Will be interesting to see how it is going to work.

Back