Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios Third Doctor

I think it's great for Pertwee's Doctor. He went around being annoyed quite a bit. Like the other Doctors a smiling one would be nice, sure, but I actually think this is more fitting for his character overall.

I'm glad they've gone with the expression they have, rather than having a gurning Third Doctor, which would be both difficult to pin down a single one of his many rubber-faced expressions to most people's satisfaction, and do it suitably well while still keeping him recognisably Third Doctor enough, I think. Using one of his more expressive faces would have also tended to limit posing choices, I feel. Also because Pertwee was so frequently and memorably expressive, a more neutral face would have risked losing the likeness factor a bit, as many sculpts in the past have done. This is, hands down, the best Jon Pertwee Third Doctor sculpt I've seen.

This, to me, clearly looks like Pertwee, feels as if some of the Third Doctor's attitude and personality present, and should give plenty of scope for cool poses, and personally that's all I really need. As a huge Third Doctor fan, I'm extremely happy with it myself. :)

If the Bond line is successful, which I think it will be, it will be good for BCS and good for The Who line. The classic docs aren't going to be huge sellers but other more profitable lines can help prop them up I'm guessing.

Also Pertwee looks great! I can't wait for Troughton.

:exactly: Same here! :rock My most wanted Doctor figure!

We should be seeing a painted prototype very soon, as Big Chief have him in their display case at the NEC spring fair.

This is all they've shown so far, but it proves that he's there.

27788942_10156673178306002_428808316901988716_o.jpg

Hopefully more pics to follow soon, and it lives up to that sculpt that was shown, as I've been really hanging out for this one.

^ :yess: Thanks for posting that!! Lets hope we get to see some pics of him soon! :pray:

Looks great. I wish the wait for these wasn’t as long as it has been.

Thank you for sharing that pic Astra!! :hi5:

He looks fantastic!! :yess: :rock

Definitely picking up the Third Doctor.

Thanks for the pic, Astra.

There's also a new (unpainted) Captain Jack sculpt on display, but the pics shown so far aren't clear enough to judge much.

Apparently the War Doctor will be on the water in a couple of weeks, and is expected in March, and what I'm assuming is a factory sample on display looks pretty good, too.

WOW! Impressive looking Pertwee. A must buy for me.

Is that a production Clara? I just hope my wait has been worth it for Ms. Oswald

Top notch sculpt. Most impressive.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Really love it! The preorder can not come soon enough.

Her face looks a bit wide, to me. But that could just be lens distortion/poor lighting/photography.

Quite happy with how the War Doctor seems to have come out, though. Rose, I'm not so sure...

Hopefully more pics will be shared soon. But either way, it'll be nice to have an influx of new Who figures in the next few months, with War, Eight, Clara and Rose. And I paid them off so long ago now that they'll almost feel free...almost. :)

Hopefully Big Chief has turned a corner, and their paints at least maintain current standards (but minus any rubs :p) from here on out.

Oh, and their Laurel and Hardy sculpts look excellent so far, too.

27545732_10156674270141002_1494583135742812306_n.jpg

Back