Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the email, so the link is active, but you can't pledge support for another three and a bit hours.

So potential accessories maybe two versions of the sonic (activated and not), the bum bag, alternate shirt, kerblam box (with fez?), maybe the Pting seeing it is so small, or the goggles from the first episode?

No bum bag or goggles, but I got the other guesses right, for once (also another go round for the psychic paper wallet, and a 'help me' delivery note)... :lol

I thought the goggles would be in there as well.
Best deal is the free world wide shipping and the ex vat price of £199.00

Yeah, the free shipping saves me another thirty pounds, based on how much the others cost me, so that's nothing to be sniffed at.

And the price, that’s only £50 more than I paid for my last Hot Toys Leia figure!! Haha!!

Yes I saw that post but was unsure how to interpret the way they are using "edition" and "version":

"The Signature Edition is being signed by Jodie Whittaker.
The edition is 500 pieces worldwide.
This will be the ONLY version of the 13th Doctor."

What do people think the chances are that this - the signature edition - will be the only one made?

If the Doctor gets a new outfit at some point, and sticks around for a couple more seasons at least, then who knows, they might revisit the character. But given both what bc they have publicly said, and past experience with other Doctor releases, I'd wager this will be it, certainly for this version of the Thirteenth Doctor in this outfit. At most, maybe they do a convention exclusive with a slightly different outfit, as they did with red jacket Capaldi and 50th Tennant, but given the new production model even that seems unlikely now, as I suspect they were mostly made as alternatives to help fill out the larger production runs. And those con exclusives were hard to get, and expensive, if you couldn't attend the convention in question anyway.

Honestly, I suspect if you want this version of the Doctor, then this is your best shot. And they've already hit 70 orders out of their apparent maximum of 500 during the first fifteen minutes, so it is off to a strong start.

Yes I saw that post but was unsure how to interpret the way they are using "edition" and "version":

"The Signature Edition is being signed by Jodie Whittaker.
The edition is 500 pieces worldwide.
This will be the ONLY version of the 13th Doctor."

Yeah that is one of the problems with Big Chief, their communications are rarely completely clear, hence why we often get so much confusion and misinformation based on supposition. They really need to work on getting all their information across in as clear and concise a way as possible, so that it leaves no room for (mis)interpretation whatsoever. I think that, and a bit more information and updating in general, would help them, and us, tremendously.

Alright placed my order. $230 shipped doesn't seem too bad, although I'll be shocked of this is actually available in November like they say. Maybe November 2020... ;)

100 preorders in the first hour.
D8C09A5F-E22C-44B7-9E4C-7F970F75982F.jpeg
Note: I’m 8 hrs ahead .. haha!!

Hitting 20% of the proposed run within the first hour is a pretty impressive start. Hopefully it keeps powering along for a bit before the nigh on inevitable slowdown kicks in...

I reckon they should see close to 200 in the first 24 hours, then reach the half way point before the preorder opens up fully on the 4th.

I bought it. Went full price pay - free worldwide shipping was the kicker. That charge will hurt a bit though :lol

Back