Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thrilled this is doing so well. Second and third Doctors next please, plus a Captain Jack wouldn’t go amiss!

Well it looks like the pace has definitely slowed now, with it stuck at 301 and only picking up one extra supporter all day. There's still plenty of time left, but I get the feeling now that this might struggle just to hit 400, let alone 500...

I was thinking the same I’m afraid.
It only needed 7 hits per day and that looked doable.
If it isn’t at 350 by the half way mark, I can’t see this making it to 500.
My early optimism has seriously waned ... I hope I’m wrong.

Well maybe once they paint up and show the smiling portrait more people will jump on board. From the reaction on FB I got the impression a lot of people weren't really feeling the current sculpt.

Well maybe once they paint up and show the smiling portrait more people will jump on board. From the reaction on FB I got the impression a lot of people weren't really feeling the current sculpt.

It’s still perplexes me why they would let the order go live without pictures of all the accessories or the alternate sculpt to help persuade people!

I suspect we'll see this pick up the closer to deadline. That's often how it works with Kickstarters at least. Most of the action is at the start and end.
One thing about paychecks though... I waited! Why? Because they charge AS SOON AS THEY REACH 500, not at the end of the 40 days. So you need to have your money ready to go when you pledge, really. Yeah, sure, it seems like NOW it's a safe bet it'll take to the end. But I wasn't sure of that in the beginning!

It’s still perplexes me why they would let the order go live without pictures of all the accessories or the alternate sculpt to help persuade people!

Yes, they should have waited until everything was ready before launching the campaign. Putting some space between the end of the series would have been good too. Emotions over the series are still pretty high. I would have much rather seen Pertwee go up first while they work on the second Jodie sculpt and all of her accessories so everything can be shown off when the preorder starts.

I think more waiting until the memory of this season fades would have been a terrible choice. It’s bad enough they had to wait for the slow going bbc approval and couldn’t launch while the show was still on air. If a picture of a fez is what’s keeping someone from ordering they likely weren’t going to support a kickstarter style ordering program in the first place.

Honestly, if it hadn't happened at the tail end of this series, they'd probably have waited for the next series whenever that happens. The gap year between series is killing merch.

Dzte3xmXcAQZOdh

Big Chief Studios
@CollectBigChief
·
6m
Thanks to the strong start to the 13th Doctor Launch Pad we are delighted to show the first print out of the alternate smiling head.

Looks fantastic and far better than the standard head. This has me really tempted.

So happy to see they are being responsive to what fans have been asking for by sharing this.

Back