Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope people at least give Jodie a chance and haven't already made their minds up because the role has been given to a woman. I never really saw the Doctor as having a specific gender even though they have always been played by a man. All that matters is the quality of the stories.

Thanks Underworld54 we agree. Fingers crossed that the BBC will allow us to revisit...

The actress seems to have a glow about her, I think that a slight smile would take the scult to another level. Impressive paint work on the latest photo.

I think even a slight smirk would do wonders for bringing life into the sculpt. I also hope that the coat will have the red piping/stripe along the zip area, and that slight purple tinge to the overall colour (at least judging against the few pics seen so far, but maybe that is more lighting than material), and especially that the pants will be a much darker blue than the colour shown on the prototype (unless she also wears a lighter coloured pair, just haven't seen any evidence of that personally, so can only go by what little I've seen so far). Switch out t-shirt would be nice, too, ala the Nintb Doctor, for the exclusive, as we've seen her wearing two different coloured versions of that shirt.

As for the show itself, I'm not so much worried about Jodie Whittaker's casting as I am about Chris Chibnall's writing, but we'll see.

So I finally checked out the trailer...since I had no clue that was even a thing since I hit this thread. I was bracing myself and was generally surprised, I didn't feel as much of the cheesiness that was pointed out (within the cheese constraints the show maintains anyway). I will say my first thought was that she feels like they're trying to capture something Tennant-esque again though. I still have lost a lot of steam on Dr. Who though, I fully believe that the squandered Capaldi as the Doctor and that just put a bad taste in my mouth for the show. I'll give this a shot though.

Just to irritate the anti-Whittaker crowd some more, I thought I'd bump up this thread with the latest promo pic. :D

Likeness still looks great to me, and I think it'd make for a nice exclusive if they change up the expression for the main head.

FB_IMG_1535637597822.jpg

I'm really excited about this one. I'm so intrigued to see what the series feels like. I agree the first trailer didn't wow me, but I'm certainly not judging anything by that. I'd love it if BCS could get more of a smile on her to feel more like what (little) we've seen of her. But I'm very pleased with the likeness so far.

Yeah even if the series and writing are a letdown (which I really hope won't be the case), she still looks to be a fun Doctor and its still a cool enough outfit for me to want a figure of her.

She looks pretty good there, like PT said a couple weeks back her overbite is missing.

Interesting how it says "only available from BCS". Does that mean other sites won't be getting this figure? Or is it just the Exclusive Edition, whatever that ends up being?

I really liked what she wore in the reveal last year - I will have to get myself a kit bash of that outfit.

“Replica figure”? Curious phrasing. Not sure I’ll pre-order this. I will wait til I see her as the Doctor, and even then, til we see the production run.

Yeah if this is only available on BCS I'll definitely wait to see the finished figure before ordering. Clara turned out really good, but it's still hard to know what to expect with them.

I think it’s simply that BCS will have an exclusive edition with an accessory. Hopefully something substantial, though I can’t imagine what that would be if they don’t have key info from DW. Perhaps an extra smiling head?

BCS will be actively working towards offering a signed edition.
As for the somber facial expression. This is how she is being marketed by the BBC.
F011F868-7394-40FE-849A-D67F847D6E87.jpg

I’m eager to order the 13th Doctor after seeing Jodie in the premiere and hearing some of the figure details like an alt head and both the blue and maroon shirts.

BCS prototypes are often impressive. It remains to be seen once in hand.

I still have this painful memory of unpacking my Clara Oswald figure. Even if I love the figurine and I'm happy to have it, brrrrr, this terrible painting ...

I’m eager to order the 13th Doctor after seeing Jodie in the premiere and hearing some of the figure details like an alt head and both the blue and maroon shirts.

Agreed, I thought she was great. And I'm liking the more naturalistic look and style of the show as well, which is a nice change from how fast-paced and over the top the previous eras could often be.

Back