Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking figure....unfortunately this new "alternate universe" time-lady version ain't for me..

Any news on the Pertwee release Greggo?

Hopefully soon. Due to the recent ongoing issues with our vendors and moving factories we are awaiting for the revised costume piece for the 3rd Doctor.

Nice looking figure....unfortunately this new "alternate universe" time-lady version ain't for me..

Any news on the Pertwee release Greggo?
I don't know much about this new Doctor but is she actually from an alternate universe? Proto looks really nice so far.

The likeness is far from terrible, for a first attempt it's pretty good from where I'm looking.

Hot Toys are always held up as the gold standard but for every likeness they got spot on there are as many that just slightly miss the mark. Capturing the character perfectly in such a small scale is clearly incredibly difficult. HT paint apps are obviously superior but from what I can see Big Chief are continuing to make progress in that area. I do agree the criticisms should be more constructive than they often are here.

Need to actually see Jodie as the Doctor for a while before deciding if I want to purchase this or not. Looking forward to the new series.

Even if the paint job isn't quite up there with HT, I think the underlying sculpts for this and Clara are as good or better than most of HT's female sculpts.

I think people often let the ultra fine detail and paintwork convince them that the HT likenesses are stronger than they really are.

Respect is a two-way street. Underworld has done nothing but bash BCS, and other companies, from the jump, and in my view, has cultivated a reputation around here for nagetivity to the point of being a detriment to the community. If your only response to a new figure is "Terrible", then just don't post anything.

That's not true, I've praised them plenty of times. Unfortunately they do more negative than positive.

Last edited:
A thread with whiny, entitled know-it-alls? I’m shocked, shocked, I tell you.

I just noticed this thread, after creating one of my own. (oops) Other toy companies are striking when the anvil is hot with JW figures and I wondered when BCS would present her. Glad to see it was pre-series 11 debut. :rock

I think she looks great. I can't quite make out the cute little crinkle JW has on her brow, but that might be my monitor. I can't wait to see what accessories she comes with and (hopefully) her TARDIS isn't far behind...

but, yes....

We need Pertwee!!!!

Looks nice, but I'm feeling the same atm. As much as I wanted to get all the Doctors in 1/6 scale I'm not sure about whether I want this one. Need to see some episodes first before even thinking about a pre-order.

I hate to say it, but I couldn't be less excited for this new series of Who to start, and from what I've seen of it so far, the trailers, teasers etc have done absolutely nothing in the way of changing that. :(

That's just me being sarcastic on the sudden gender change of a fifty+ year old male Time-lord...who's now neither:)

:lol

Hopefully soon. Due to the recent ongoing issues with our vendors and moving factories we are awaiting for the revised costume piece for the 3rd Doctor.

Thanks for the info! :) Is there any more information on when the Eighth Doctor might be ready?

We were discussing the Doctor’s expression the other day and having now seen the trailers, we feel that a more positive smiling expression would possible befit the Thirteenth. The sculpt has been fully approved as is, but we might revisit it slightly. What do you guys think?

She does seem to have a brightness about her doctor and a happier less stoic expression might reflect that better.

We were discussing the Doctor’s expression the other day and having now seen the trailers, we feel that a more positive smiling expression would possible befit the Thirteenth. The sculpt has been fully approved as is, but we might revisit it slightly. What do you guys think?

When I think of JW i think of that crinkle. But it’s not a deal breaker to exclude for me. :lol

We should be thankful Greggo and Asmus post here. Other companies couldn't give a ****. Looking at you Howard Chan with your heavily requested Dark Empire Luke.

From the trailer what stuck out to me was the toothy, almost Tom Baker style grin, but I wouldn't really know until I see an episode.

Actually I think it's already got a fairly warm and friendly expression that seems perfect for her. Maybe more of a smile like you gave Clara wouldn't hurt, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Maybe more of a smile but not too over the top that it limits pose options. :lol Not an easy balance to strike of course, I don't envy you guys making these decisions! Really need to see a few episodes to get a feel for her character though. I do like the way her hair is sculpted, always better than rooted hair in my opinion.

As a figure, it is a nice representation of the character to come.
As for a purchase. I’ve preordered every Doctor and companion, on day one. This characterization of the Doctor, I feel is is going in the totally wrong direction.
When Moffat wrote the turning into a woman for comic relief in the 90s, it was funny. This time around, I’m not impressed.
I haven’t seen anything in recent DWMs or seen anything in the trailers to get me remotely excited or enthused forthis latest season.

I do hope the figure does well for BC, and I hope that there aren’t too many people around with my views on this current direction that the show is taking.

Back