Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree it was a pretty lackluster trailer, and the change of showrunner has me a bit nervous considering I never cared much for his episodes. And I also fear this will be a return to the more generic storytelling of the RTD years, after the more creative style of Moffat's run.

The casting of Whittaker though I have no problem with, and it's the one element that continues to keep me excited about the new season. Since it seems like we've seen every variation of male Doctor by this point and I was really wanting to see something bold and different happen.

I’m kinda worried that I’ll end up buying the figure- I’m such a completist hahaha!!!
I’d probably bundle her with the companions tho !!!

93271892-E5B1-4DF6-AA91-1FCE3D2D89E8.jpg

Wow. I am still always amazed how good that CO Martha figure stands up to today’s figures.

I couldn’t agree more. There’s not a lot in the way of accessories, well there’s none actually ... haha!!
That said, the figure itself is good. This is my second one. After a decade of being on display, my first Martha’s jacket basically disintegrated. Fortunately these are cheap and easy to find on eBay. I think with something around her neck, it would be better still.

In mean time, I realized that if the JW figure goes up as a signature edition, I won’t be able to not order it !!

That TARDIS is the best looking of the new series, I reckon. If Big Chief put that TARDIS up I may have to buy a third ...

If I had to cut my sixth scale collecting back to one line, or even one character, it'd be 'Doctor Who, and incarnations thereof', so the figure itself is a given for me. Also looking forward to Pertwee. I know Colin Baker is not likely to be next on the list but please, please, please ... He is such a Big Finish hero, and that costume would look amazing in sixth scale and really stand out on the shelf, and I want a signature version.

*sings 'Doctor in Distress' as plea for Colin*

We were discussing the Doctor’s expression the other day and having now seen the trailers, we feel that a more positive smiling expression would possible befit the Thirteenth. The sculpt has been fully approved as is, but we might revisit it slightly. What do you guys think?

Her Doctor is bound to be a contrast with Capaldi so giving her a sunnier demeanour would probably work better than 'resolute/ neutral'. I feel the lips are a bit too pursed.

I always thought Clara was an amazing sculpt I would like to see this one on the same level.

Though I don't envy anyone having to sculpt her - I just looked back at a few photos and there's nothing distinctive about her to pin a likeness around (though she is very beautiful).

I get why it’s not but I kinda wish the earring was a separate piece.

Interesting also is confirmation that it’s from a scan of the actress and has been approved by the actress so she probably knows what she looks like, right? Or at least more so than internet “experts”?

Last edited:
Ooh thanks I was hoping for a clearer shot of the sculpt, without the weird lighting to match the promos! It's looking excellent there. If the prototype looks decent she may well end up getting pre-ordered.

If they do decide to change the expression, it would be awesome if they included this as an alternate head. Since it would make for a nice extra accessory, and it would seem like a waste not to use it.

Should put a slight smile on her face, she looks like she'll be a fun Doctor on screen.

The outfit looks good, but I’m not really seeing Jodie’s likeness in the head. This could just be a question of paint application (a bit more attention to the ‘eye makeup’) or that neutral facial expression. The hairstyle seems a bit off as well, but I have a feeling Jodie’s hair will change a lot as the seasons go on, and thus may be impossible to pin down. I wish BCS had waited til after her first season had aired, to allow her performance and evolution-of-look (compared to promotional materials) some design influence, but I can understand them wanting to ‘strike while the iron is hot’ , as it were.
EDIT: When I posted the above, I had somehow missed pixeltwin’s posted ‘close up’ of the headsculpt. I can definitely see Whitaker’s likeness now, though I still think a bit bolder eye makeup and eyebrows would get it closer.

IMO expressions - even if subtle - ALWAYS enhance a sculpt.
This is something I think every manufacturer needs to improve on. The blank vacant stare so many sculpts have just makes everything so lifeless.

Looks nice, but I'm feeling the same atm. As much as I wanted to get all the Doctors in 1/6 scale I'm not sure about whether I want this one. Need to see some episodes first before even thinking about a pre-order.

I hate to say it, but I couldn't be less excited for this new series of Who to start, and from what I've seen of it so far, the trailers, teasers etc have done absolutely nothing in the way of changing that. :(
The trailers and the bits i've seen look so far removed from Dr who...that it's laughable..and with the BBC now in it's "female empowerment" overdrive mode....i'm guessing this new series will be one long cringefest of even more "crowbarred" in PC nonsense that's blighted the show over the past few years....and even more worryingly will probably kill it off..

The trailers and the bits i've seen look so far removed from Dr who...that it's laughable..and with the BBC now in it's "female empowerment" overdrive mode....i'm guessing this new series will be one long cringefest of even more "crowbarred" in PC nonsense that's blighted the show over the past few years....and even more worryingly will probably kill it off..

I tend to agree with you there, it's been creeping in more and more over the last few series, so dread to think what the new series will be like :( I found the trailer a bit cringeworthy in parts already :lol...so not a good sign for me unfortunately!

These are all very helpful comments guys, so thank you. When we were first presented with the reference the images were the usual non-expression turnarounds, so we to follow those. Problem is we have been as in the dark as everyone else as to her performance and after the darker 12th Doctor she does come across as a fun Doctor full of the excitement at experiencing the wonders of the universe. We feel a happier expression would do well and be more fitting. Great feedback from all much appreciated.

Back