Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #13 Jodie Whittaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Chief sent an email with updates about all of their products. The full email:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to keep you appraised of how we are doing with the delayed products currently in production.

After what amounted to almost a year long hiatus from manufacturing due to the switch to our new vendor partner, we are pleased to confirm that all delayed products are now underway.

Captain Scarlet
Tooling - completed
Pre-production Sample - expected this week with photos
Mass Production - expected to begin mid April and be completed by end May
Ship Date - end May

8th Doctor
Tooling - due to be completed mid April
Pre-production Sample - expected end April
Mass Production - expected to begin start May and be completed by mid July.
Ship Date - end July

James Bond, Solitaire and Baron Samedi (Live and Let Die)
Tooling - underway and to be completed end May
Pre-production Sample - expected start June
Mass Production - expected to begin mid June and be completed by mid August.
Ship Date - end August

Alan Tracy, Gordon Tracy and John Tracy
Tooling - due to commence start May and to be completed end May
Pre-production Sample - expected mid June
Mass Production - expected to begin start July and be completed by mid August
Ship Date - end August

Alongside the overdue products the first product successfully green lit for manufacture from our Launch Pad platform, will also be entering manufacture.

13th Doctor
Tooling - due to commence start May and to be completed by end June
Pre-production Sample - expected mid July
Mass Production - expected to begin end July and be completed by end September
Ship Date - mid October

Dates are advisory, but we are working closely with our new vendors to ensure that we keep to the schedule, or better yet improve on what we have been informed. Ship dates are from China.

We know it has been a frustrating time for our customers and we apologise for the very long wait, but please know it has been equally frustrating for us too. We are very pleased to have production underway at last for the delayed and new products. As always your continued support is very much appreciated.

We will have regular updates including images where possible. Stay tuned for a further update on Captain Scarlet this week...

Thanks

The BIG Chief Team

Thanks for the heads up. Strange that I didn’t get the email. :(

Edit: I just checked my spam folder and there it was.

If they can actually get close to meeting those dates, and the product turns out at least as good as the recent Sherlock set, then they might finally start turning the ship around as far as beginning to build up customer confidence again.

That's a very small turnaround window for the 13th Doctor, but if they can actually meet that and deliver a quality product it would reflect very well for future launchpad releases.

If they can keep to that timeline I’ll be a very happy boy.

I’d hope that their next non-Launchapd release would be Jack Harkness. Although I’d imagine they want to get out eight first.

If they can keep to that timeline I’ll be a very happy boy.

I’d hope that their next non-Launchapd release would be Jack Harkness. Although I’d imagine they want to get out eight first.

I don't know if they'll be doing non launch pad releases. I was under the impression they started the program because they were sitting on stock too long.

For good or for ill, I honestly can't see them releasing any Who related figures outside of launchpad at this point, but we'll see I suppose.

Really loving this first look at her in the magenta shirt.

Screenshot_20190416-100815_Yahoo Mail~01~01~01.jpg

Screenshot_20190416-100828_Yahoo Mail~01~01.jpg

I was planning on displaying her with the magenta shirt but the picture looks way too pink. If the final one looks like that I'll stick with the blue instead. The rest of the figure looks really good!

Definitely way too bright a pink, it should be closer to the colour of the Ninth Doctor's maroon shirt. Not quite as dark, but closer to that than to the pink shown here.

Also not overly fond of the paint on the hair, looks a bit muddy like the awful rubber hair on the Rose figure.

Other than that, so far so good.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it the hair color does look pretty awful. Hopefully that'll be improved somehow on the final figure, so we don't have to do it ourselves.

Gotta say I'm really liking the look of the figure without the coat too. It's just a very fun and eye-catching outfit.

13th-doctor-who-009.jpg

Here's the full email link, in case not everyone got it.
https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/e...h-scale-collector-figure--launch-pad-update-1

View attachment 450785

Judging by the new Panini Costume Design Special - colour might not actually be that far off....

Loving the refinements! I wish they'd show the second headsculpt on the figure (slight smile and I think an improved hair-do), but I'm glad I took the plunge on this figure!

The hair color is a bit off, but that doesn't bother me as I know how tricky blonde hair can be to replicate in paint. When I get mine, I might do a touch-up with some metallic gold highlights to add 'shimmer'.

So what was the point of the Launch Pad? It's been about 2 months and the figure is still up for preorder. I don't really care about edition size, but at the same time I feel lied to since I felt I had to rush and secure an order.

Back