Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex-Parrot, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I highly suggest you take action sooner than later. BCS has some pretty hit and miss C/S and that's really unfortunate. I had missing items that they promised to replace and I had to remind them to send it to me later on. They did good on their word, but still seemingly a bit shady.

I would post that on the BCS fan page and get the attention of the higher ups of the company who roll through. I'm sure they are already aware of the situation but perhaps leveraging a bit of public opinion will help you. It's clearly helped here.

If they ever send me something for free, I'm keeping my mouth shut

:lol

Anyway, just had an email from Big Chief, so I'll go back to refraining from saying anything further on the matter for the time being, as an act of good will. Some may think this foolish, but hope springs eternal. We'll see. Said the eternal optimist.

So anyway, carry on folks, and my thanks to all those who have shown me support, both on board and in private. It was, and is, very much appreciated. :clap

475379_1285024901819_200_181.jpg

"Good news, everyone!"

And now, just like that, and from everything I can see, it's all but done and dusted. Amicably. Reasonably. Fairly. For all concerned. And as I wait for my 11th Doctor, my thanks to Mark at Big Chief for his efforts today to get this finally all sorted, and smooth out this long and rocky road.

And right now I'll just happily leave it at that, and return to looking forward to the arrival of my series 7 11th Doctor (and 'Handles').

Looks like I came in at the happy ending.
You're going to love this release. Looking forward to you posting pics of the figure in the near future.

:lol
Anyway, just had an email from Big Chief, so I'll go back to refraining from saying anything further on the matter for the time being, as an act of good will. Some may think this foolish, but hope springs eternal. We'll see. Said the eternal optimist.
So anyway, carry on folks, and my thanks to all those who have shown me support, both on board and in private. It was, and is, very much appreciated. :clap
475379_1285024901819_200_181.jpg

"Good news, everyone!"
And now, just like that, and from everything I can see, it's all but done and dusted. Amicably. Reasonably. Fairly. For all concerned. And as I wait for my 11th Doctor, my thanks to Mark at Big Chief for his efforts today to get this finally all sorted, and smooth out this long and rocky road.
And right now I'll just happily leave it at that, and return to looking forward to the arrival of my series 7 11th Doctor (and 'Handles').

Funny how publicly shaming will get quick results....

Glad it worked out for you.

Sometimes you have to be a bit of a squeaky wheel, I suppose. But still, I give all fair credit where it's due. Still can't get anything done unless both sides come to the table with an open mind.

Likewise, I'm just glad it's all seemingly now worked out for your friendly neighbourhood Ex-Parrot, here.

And now, happily moving on. And finally shutting up. :lol

Last edited:
yup +1, glad to hear it all ended well for ya Ex-Parrot. :clap

12th release cant come soon enough. that extra sculpt with this new 11 makes it so tempting, im all good with my original 11 then i re-watch an ep like cold war and im super tempted again, ha!

will wait on the 12th fig, or try to at least. only want one ver of each doc in collect. do not want to go down that multiple ver of same fig rabbit hole with the docs, no comin back. tho i guess it will be forced on me with the 9th PO, extra 10 head and all. resistance is futile....:lol

I wanted to do a complete 11 set up.
I forgot about my crash, Christmas and Impossible sets 11th Doctors, So I may do another one in the future.

DB8D58F2-1325-4436-B8ED-501F3889C93E.jpg

Ex-Parrot, congratulations. I consider myself a patient fellow and I don't know if I would have been able to hold out that long; you've got a long fuse. Good on you for being a good sport.

Interesting enough, Mark also resolved my recent C/S situation of missing parts in less than 24 hours from my reminder email. If memory serves me right, Mark is a higher up at BCS, so maybe their C/S is getting shuffled around. I've never spoken to him before on the phone or through email.

Cheers to you all. And right back at you, DioramaMaker. Glad to hear you got your issues sorted as well.

It's nice to be able to get one's focus back onto just enjoying the hobby, and our gradually expanding collections. again.

Cheers to you all. And right back at you, DioramaMaker. Glad to hear you got your issues sorted as well.

It's nice to be able to get one's focus back onto just enjoying the hobby, and our gradually expanding collections. again.

Congrats! Glad you managed to get it all sorted out :)

While we're all still enjoying this figure, I wonder if this is it for Eleven Doctors from BCS? Would people be up for any new versions of Matt Smith somewhere down the line?

People who have the new figure seem to really want the tweed jacket version too as more 'iconic' which I kind of agree with, and lots of people, including me, have done head swaps. The tweed jacket version that BCS did was a Series 6 version; I would love a Series 5 Eleven one day with brown jacket and big hair.

Series 5 was amazing; I know the silurian story was pants, but the rest of it was great, dark, romantic, funny with a magical tone that NuWho has never matched before or since. BCS could even reuse the same face sculpt and just change the hair (which is what they're doing for 12, who will have the same face sculpt as the one that comes with Eleven). So many people seem to want a tweed jacket 11 that I'm sure this would justify a run, preferably with switch out blue shirt and tie.

I'd also love a snowman outfit, I know it was only one episode but it was a fantastic outfit, Willy Wonka meets the Artful Dodger. What do people think? Have you had enough 11 or should there be more down the line?

I'd also love a snowman outfit, I know it was only one episode but it was a fantastic outfit, Willy Wonka meets the Artful Dodger. What do people think? Have you had enough 11 or should there be more down the line?

I am second on your list to petition for that outfit.
The Snowmen look was the first time (in my opinion) that Mat looked like A Doctor. Loved that look and the season 7 that we got from BC. Also, The Snowmen is my favorite Christmas story. Till BC give us this awesome look, I'll live with my CO version.

19F90460-3B75-4F0F-8703-DF4158F633B3.jpg

I'm in now rush for any more versions of the 11th Doctor. I would like a classic Doctor next.

Yeah, I've got enough 11s for a while. Let's get a couple more classic Doctors under the belt before another 11 comes out. :) Though, his Victorian garb with top hate and a young and old head sculpt would be cool, some day.

I would take a Troughton/Pertwee/S18 Tom/ Davison/CBaker/McCoy/McGann/Hurt or over any 11/10/12 variant. :lecture

Back