Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be nice if people posted these supposed pics in this thread, so those who don't use FB can see what you're talking about.

Would be nice if people posted these supposed pics in this thread, so those who don't use FB can see what you're talking about.

Thats kind of the point. They are exclusive to that fan group. If you aren't a member, you can't see them. I'm sure after a time they will be posted here.

Thats kind of the point. They are exclusive to that fan group. If you aren't a member, you can't see them. I'm sure after a time they will be posted here.

Kinda defeats the purpose of posting this "news" here then doesn't it? You know, if we all can't see and talk about it.

Kinda defeats the purpose of posting this "news" here then doesn't it? You know, if we all can't see and talk about it.

No. I don't think so. You don't need to see the picture to discuss the seamless neck, yeah?

You could just, you know, sign up n stuff. :dunno

9and10.jpg

Since when has anyone not been able to post anything anywhere? I want to discuss this photo, so here it is. There is another better shot of the 9 sculpt on the FB group. I will say that since Jon made it a closed group it has become a much more pleasant environment; and one individual in particular has improved their behaviour dramatically, to their credit and Jon's.

I'm posting the photo that shows part of the Tennant head which will be included in this set. I can't begin to say how many emotions this set stirs in me. It takes me right back to the beginning of NuWho, that glorious time when the show came back, blew everyone away, got better and better, climaxed with an episode that I never thought I'd see the likes of (Dalek armies in space! The Dalek Emperor!)... and THEN gave us a regeneration from one amazing Doctor into another amazing Doctor. That was a great summer for me personally - our kid had just been born, the kid I watch Doctor Who with now - and we had years of amazing episodes ahead of us. Those characters are also significant for me because they were almost the first CO figures released as the legendary Regeneration Set (remember how hard they were to find - an Argos exclusive no less!) which led to many years of wonderful collecting. So knowing that I will soon own a 12" version of this set (yeah, of course I'm buying two) - knowing that all those old Walkie-Talkie head Eccleston customs will soon be consigned to the dustbin - and knowing that a set like this is coming which takes me back in time to such a great era... all of these things leap out at me from that photo and make me very happy. And that's why I've posted it here.

Since when has anyone not been able to post anything anywhere? I want to discuss this photo, so here it is. There is another better shot of the 9 sculpt on the FB group. I will say that since Jon made it a closed group it has become a much more pleasant environment; and one individual in particular has improved their behaviour dramatically, to their credit and Jon's.

I didn't post it out of respect for Jon. I assume you asked him if it was ok, as a courtesy.

I'm very interested to see how the leather U-boat coat turns out.
One of BCS's big weakness so far IMO is their jackets/overcoats. 10th Doctor's looks like a dressing gown and Sherlock's looks like something for an arctic Siberian winter, not a Chilly London one (haven't thought much of 11th Doctors 7th season coat and 12th Doctor's prototype one either)

Sculpt looks spot on. I was worried about the hair since it's so short but it looks really good here.

Thanks for posting the picture over here for those of us who don't want or use Facebook and want to discuss the actual figure and not just push some elitist special group.

It is the very opposite of elitist. It's supposed to be incentive to bring more people into the group. But it is interesting that you interpreted it differently.

Thank you for sharing CB.
The transposition of photos from one forum to the other is the life blood to information from those who are not in one forum or another.
I notice many photos from TMNT turning up on SF forum after first apearing somewhere else and vice versa. I always like to think of these are sharing communities.
So its nice to see the seamless neck. The sculpt is looking spot on, and it was neat to get a glimpse of their third DT sculpt. Like CB, I am all excited for this specific release. I too remember that Saturday, 10 years ago. We were gtting Doctor Who AND Captain Scarlet back on our screens. Of course, ITV messed up Scarlet. Didnt tell us when it was coming on, or that it was in two parts!!! None the less I sat htrough (with my girlfriend a the time) the whole show that it was in. Then of course it was the (literal) countdown to Doctor Who. DT was narating the show, and building up the excitement for the full reveal of 21st century Who. Brilliant day. This release does hark back to that level of excitement, especially when considering buying two of these guys, and...I feel an order for the 10th (9th) TARDIS coming on.

Sharing is good. But at least give the guy who shared credit and it wasn't CB. All he did was copy and paste a link.

Ohhh...that looks great. Can't wait for a 9th. I really liked his character. I really want to see the next classic

I mean...FANTASTIC

I'm very interested to see how the leather U-boat coat turns out.
One of BCS's big weakness so far IMO is their jackets/overcoats. 10th Doctor's looks like a dressing gown and Sherlock's looks like something for an arctic Siberian winter, not a Chilly London one (haven't thought much of 11th Doctors 7th season coat and 12th Doctor's prototype one either)

Yeah it's probably a safe bet that the Nine coat will be much bigger and puffier than it should be, and will probably be lacking any of the cool brownish weathering the real one had:

fgggh.JPG

Still though, after such a long wait I'll be happy just to finally have ANY proper 1/6 Eccleston Doctor.

Just for the record, I don't mind sharing of photos outside the Facebook group. I realize not everyone has Facebook or wants it. I do thank pixeltwin of thinking of it, at least, but to me I really didn't make it a Closed group to get more people to enter. It was for lots of reasons, but that's not really one. It has, however, been a nice bonus! But only in the sense of "the more the merrier." There could be 100 people in it and I'd be fine. If anything, smaller groups seem to have less drama! LOL.

I do think, though, as a courtesy the person who posted the photo should always be asked before sharing. That's just basic good internet etiquette, especially when stuff is shared in a non-public space.

Yeah it's probably a safe bet that the Nine coat will be much bigger and puffier than it should be, and will probably be lacking any of the cool brownish weathering the real one had:

View attachment 200113

Still though, after such a long wait I'll be happy just to finally have ANY proper 1/6 Eccleston Doctor.

I'm not sure that's a "good bet" - we haven't seen any real weather work from BC yet. No reason to suspect they wont' put it on there. It's one of the best things about his look. I suspect it'll be there. But we'll see.

As for being puffier. I HOPE not. It's true that Amy's coat was not great. But that was quite a while ago, and I've found the tailoring on 11 and 1's jacket to be really great. So I'm hoping that'll transfer over to 9.

Back