Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me, or are these headsculpts have a tendency to look wall-eyed?

Sadly this is what has kept me from buying all but one BC Doctor Who figure :( Each time I see them theres always something off about the sculpts/paint applications that always make them look flat and off to me. I was all on board for Capaldi & Eccleston too, but I wasn't impressed with the final results.

I needed a companion for my 9th Doctor, so I finally got the family together :rotfl
ROSE3.jpg

Just received the 9th doctor this morning and i must say i'am very pleased with it !

I didnt expected much from it but it is better than what i thought he would be.

First of all the likeness is quite good, he doesnt look like christopher eccleston at 100% thats true but you can still recognize him. And the paint job is very good too. The clothes are nice and fit pretty well, execpt for the jacket that is a bit baggy but the wire allows to fix it and you can make it look good with a bit of work. Also mine came with a little bit of weathering so thats nice. I love the fact that there is so many accessories and with the two sweater you can replicate almost any scene from series 1.

But like all bcs there are some flaws :

- They still cant make the neck and head in the same color. Well in fact they can do it, the war doctor has his head in one piece ( so no seams between the head and neck ) but they are in the same color which is pointless because he has his scarf so you never see his neck. But for 9th who wear v-neck sweater they dont do it ! At least this time they paint the neck with the same quality as the head not like the 10th doctor which only has a neck with a basic paint job and thats all.

-The joints are very loose, its not too bad they stay in place but i wish they made them thighter.

Overall its a very good figure, better thant what i expected.

Unfortunatly thats where my excitement for this figure stop, because mine broke. I noticed when i took it out of the box that his right arm and leg were very loose ( and not like i mentionned earlier you could feel they were about to break). But i thought it was just bcs loose joint and that i could fix it later. But i only managed to get it out of the box and pose him, before his arm fall off. I could get his leg back in the way its supposed to be but i cant put his arm back. Fortunatly the seller immediatly refund me 50%, so i was able to buy a new body, but i'm still disapointed that i now have to wait a few days before really enjoying this figure.

18BHsS.jpg

1dszXl.jpg

LNPVWI.jpg

Ninth figures are notorious for breakage at the shoulder. Luckily mine hasn?t, but I have always had it in the back of my mind to replace the body. Not sure with what. Finding one that will fit the clothes is a challenge, I reckon.

I bought a threezero body, from the picture it looks quite the same so i think the clothes should fit. I dont need an extraordinary body just something good enought and wont break like this one. I'll post picture and what i think of it when i'll get it in a few days.

Envoy? de mon SM-A505FN en utilisant Tapatalk

I bought a threezero body, from the picture it looks quite the same so i think the clothes should fit. I dont need an extraordinary body just something good enought and wont break like this one. I'll post picture and what i think of it when i'll get it in a few days.

Interesting. I’m looking forward to learning from you how it works out.

I had the same break at the left arm, the reason is the joint is too tight so instead of turning properly - like the other side - it just breaks off. I removed the screw and glued the broken plastic piece back where it belongs and then screwed it all back together. It's a bit loose but hopefully will hold. I also moved the stuck joing back and forth a lot so it now moves easier.

Isn't Ninth Doctor's body the same they sell for the pyjama Tenth Doctor? You get the clothes and head with all other figures and then have to buy a body to put it all on. You can buy that one directly from Big Chief.

I had the same break at the left arm, the reason is the joint is too tight so instead of turning properly - like the other side - it just breaks off. I removed the screw and glued the broken plastic piece back where it belongs and then screwed it all back together. It's a bit loose but hopefully will hold. I also moved the stuck joing back and forth a lot so it now moves easier.

Isn't Ninth Doctor's body the same they sell for the pyjama Tenth Doctor? You get the clothes and head with all other figures and then have to buy a body to put it all on. You can buy that one directly from Big Chief.
Do you have a link for the body ? Because i never saw it on big chief website. If they sell one i might consider it if the one i bought doesnt do the job.

I went to my orders but there was no link to click on. The name was Anatomix One Sixth Body x 1 and it should be in the section of the the expansion packs but isn't.
Maybe it's sold out? Sometimes it helps to write to them directly and ask, sometimes they have a few items left over that are not on the page.

BCS Bodies are really on the low end of 1/6. There's even knock off bodies that are better than it, and that's saying A LOT. You'd be best served to shop around before giving BCS more money for a subpar body; try the assortment of World Box bodies, they just put a "normal" body up for pre-order that has a lot of potential for slim characters. I'll definitely be grabbing one of these, and if it's good I'll be replacing all my Dr. Who figs with it.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/99770

I hope the one i bought will do then and keep an eye on this one. I'm principally mad because i have absolutly no problem with the body of the 10th and war, but this one even the arm that is not broken feel very loose and fragile. I hope that wont be a problem anymore for the future release

Theres a reason you cant buy bodies from them. Its cos theyre crap and bcs knows this. They break and at best become very loose. Why anyone would want to buy a body from them is beyond me

Because I wanted to be sure that the head would fit the body it was made for. I did not want to end up with ten bodies and not being able to put the head on.

Because I wanted to be sure that the head would fit the body it was made for. I did not want to end up with ten bodies and not being able to put the head on.

War Doctors head fits in the HT Marty McFly body. I also had pajama 10?s head on an HT neck and it fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ninth figures are notorious for breakage at the shoulder. Luckily mine hasn?t, but I have always had it in the back of my mind to replace the body. Not sure with what. Finding one that will fit the clothes is a challenge, I reckon.

Yep, mine arrived with the shoulder broken back in the day.

Even among the already not very good BCS base bodies, the run used for the Ninth Doctor are the absolute worst, unfortunately. The shoulders are just incredibly brittle.

Back