Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job MartyD! I love the kissogram Amy :)
If you have any double adhesive laying around and a scrap piece of thin white cotton fabric, you can print the pattern for her neck scarf/tie with a standard inkjet printer.
That's what I did for my custom. Here's my BC Amy next to my custom kissogram Amy:
attachment.php

I just added some lower lashes on the BC head and a bit of blush as well as lightening up the lips and I think it looks pretty good.

Awesome job MartyD! I love the kissogram Amy :)
If you have any double adhesive laying around and a scrap piece of thin white cotton fabric, you can print the pattern for her neck scarf/tie with a standard inkjet printer.
That's what I did for my custom. Here's my BC Amy next to my custom kissogram Amy:
attachment.php

I just added some lower lashes on the BC head and a bit of blush as well as lightening up the lips and I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks!!! Your figures are something else.
I have printed the scarf/tie on paper at the moment and it doesnt look too bad. The badges I printed on sticker paper and they look ok but obviously dont stick to the vest. I thought about using fabric glue on them but dont want to ruin the vest.

Decided to glue the printed stickers on and they look ok. Couldnt find any numbers for the shoulder badges so I used some DID WW1 ones painted silver.WP_20150919_09_11_07_Pro.jpg
And with her Raggedy Doctor!
doctor and amy.jpg
On The Doctor Who shelf!
WP_20150920_17_43_12_Pro.jpg

Great pics, love what you've done with the hair, it looks so much better! :clap I was going to have a go at fixing the hair on mine but ended up getting the alternate sculpt instead. Might have to have a go at some point and do my own custom Amy. :)

I went ahead an ordered the sculpted hair version from BBTS.
It should be here this week or next.

Good call, I much prefer it over the original, really improves the figure IMO.

View attachment 222881

I would consider a new Amy if she was up to the standard of the new Clara and Rose. Amy is as memorable if not more so than Rose in my eyes, I think it's only fair she gets a second shot.

Given that the problem with the original sculpt were, allegedly, down to Gillan (or her reps/management) demanding changes to the original sculpt, which, again allegedly, made it look far worse then the original prototype, I have my doubts whether Big Chief would want to risk going down that particular pathway again. Especially given that even after the alternate head sculpt was made, all these years later they still have plenty signed 'limited edition' version in stock (and they only made 250), not to mention God knows how many of the regular version as well.

I would consider a new Amy if she was up to the standard of the new Clara and Rose. Amy is as memorable if not more so than Rose in my eyes, I think it's only fair she gets a second shot.

To me Rose is the ultimate companion.
She was with the 9th Doctor when the series was rebooted for the U.S. audience.
She was with all the companions when the 10th took down the Daleks.
She has interacted been on screen with the most Doctor's 9th,10th,11th and the War Doctor.

To me Rose is the ultimate companion.
She was with the 9th Doctor when the series was rebooted for the U.S. audience.
She was with all the companions when the 10th took down the Daleks.
She has interacted been on screen with the most Doctor's 9th,10th,11th and the War Doctor.

Not to be that guy, but...

The new series wasn't 'rebooted for the U.S. audience', that was the original intent of the TV Movie with Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor, though. :)

The list of companions that haven't been with The Doctor when he defeated the Daleks is actually a lot smaller than the list of ones that have. :p

Sarah Jane Smith was on screen with the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Tenth Doctors. As well as a recast version of the First. And the Eleventh appeared in her show as well on top of that. So she's been on screen with seven different Doctors. The Brig was opposite the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Seventh on screen, as well as the recast First (Courtney also played a different character opposite Hartnell's Doctor, as well). He also appeared with the Sixth Doctor in the Dimensions in Time special. So he has shared the screen with seven Doctors as well. You could add the Eighth Doctor and the Sixth again if you count audio, as well.

Oh, and Rose hasn't actually appeared opposite Eleven or the War Doctor, as that was a sentient bomb called The Moment that simply took on her form to give the Doctor a 'friendly face', unfortunately it was a Doctor who hadn't actually met Rose. Same actress, different character though. Clara, however, did actually directly appear opposite the Eleventh and Twelfth Doctor, as well as The War Doctor and the Tenth Doctor, she also met The Doctor as a child and The Curator as well. On top of that, technically she also interacted with all the past Doctors when she was splintered through time, if one wanted to count that. Either way she's the new series companion who has met the most Doctors on screen, at the very least. And depending on how you look at it, the most Doctors full stop.

None of which alters Rose being the ultimate companion for you, that's cool and all, just saying... :)

Back