Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was upset at the line being shut down! Haha!

I would love to gave got a Snowmen set. Then there were the costumes used in S7 and.. Yes, Clara. I don't know how the actress felt about that dumpy little 3 3/4" figure they did. It looks dreadful. It's like the company woke up one day and went from pretty cool, to Dapol.

The actual figure of Clara looked better than the prototype. Not saying it looks good but it's not super bad.

This though.. The prototype had a nice washed effect, and the actual one doesn't and makes it look VERY cheap.

hide_caliburnhouse_figures.jpg

hologram_clara.jpg

We went from this:
11thdoctoramyfigures%20copy.jpg

to this:
eleventh_doctor_series7e.jpg

And that's a crime.

Couldn't agree more. I cannot fathom how a company could actually roll backwards in quality of product, and by so much.
Look at the sculpt of their first Doctor. That is stunning. Their fourth is equally as good .
Their 5" Amy looks just like Gillian ( take note BC .. Haha) and basically, there were no bad figures in the line. There some some awful choices, which I still got but those were few and far between. Those in turn were compensated for by some inspired choices. Who'd have thought we'd ever see a modern action figure of Mechanoid, or a Fendahl. I loved that line.

The 3.75 line is atrocious. I am not one to result to hyperbole.

Now that there is War Doctor, I am seeing a gigantic gaping tooth in the grin of my collection. :(

I need a Night version of McGann too. :(

Exactly.
It's unlikely but I wonder if someone else will pick up this line. I just remembered the playmates Trek line. It got cancelled and then a fantastic line was produced by someone else. I only ever got Kirk from that line.
In mean time, I will wallow in the pity if not being able to have a complete line up of 5" CO Doctors. And there is no way I'd get them in 3 3/4 if that's the CO plan.

The 3.75'' line is not great. The monsters actually looks really cool and the TARDIS is well done enough, but the humans are pretty poor. I keep hoping they'l improve with the next wave.

Thought I'd post these here as it seems to be the default 11 thread now, as I'm not sure I ever did. As you can see, I managed to get one with no realy gray paint issues, thankfully:

10907466173_d7059d2824_c.jpg

Is Jem the companion for the Christmas special?

Is Jem the companion for the Christmas special?

LOL - if only! I wondered if anyone would see her back there. Back when I did my video review she was the only figure I had handy other than my 12'' Sandman figure. LOL. Still never got Amy.

LOL - if only! I wondered if anyone would see her back there. Back when I did my video review she was the only figure I had handy other than my 12'' Sandman figure. LOL. Still never got Amy.

My Jem was a Shield Agent at one point...

Currently my 11th Doctor is trying to use his Sonic Screwdriver on Luke Skywalker...

After the issues with Amy I couldn't justify buying her even with that other headsculpt they "promised".

There has been no recent news. We were supposed to hear about the Amy replacement heads last week but that never materialized. So you're as updated as the rest of us.

I think they've got their hands full with Sherlock and the upcoming 1st Doctor, so if they do another 11, it probably won't be for a while. The accessory pack idea appears to be dead in the water.

I was wondering about that the other day. I liked the idea of accessory packs and was hoping they would move forward with them but it doesn't look like they are going to. But on the other hand, they don't seem to move to quickly with anything they do.

I was wondering about that the other day. I liked the idea of accessory packs and was hoping they would move forward with them but it doesn't look like they are going to. But on the other hand, they don't seem to move to quickly with anything they do.

No. No they don't.

Just wanted to say I got my 11 that had a snapped off leg by falling off a shelf fixed by finding a replacement body parted out online, but vehemently encourage everyone to always use their stands on these because they are so brittle. The annoying thing is I only took him off his stand to borrow the stand for another figures photoshoot! :mad:

I am still kind of spazzing I now lost a button from him.

Alive and kicking! (But please don't look at his missing button!) -

Back