Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are buttons?
Sorry to hear you lost one. These little details are frustrating.
I moved my 11 into a new display yesterday. I plucked it up by the display, and it heard (not saw) one of the sonics fall off and hit, something.
Well, it fell into my Bats display. I moved each figure around, trying to find it. Nothing.
I moved furniture around, and after about 30 minutes, found it on the floor under a DVD unit. How it got there!!! Yes, those little details count, and loosing any of them is nit good.

There are buttons?
I moved my 11 into a new display yesterday. I plucked it up by the display, and it heard (not saw) one of the sonics fall off and hit, something.
Well, it fell into my Bats display. I moved each figure around, trying to find it. Nothing.
I moved furniture around, and after about 30 minutes, found it on the floor under a DVD unit. How it got there!!! Yes, those little details count, and loosing any of them is nit good.

I lost mine by it falling off and hit something as well, but I never recovered it. fortunately, Toy Anxiety had one for sale, which I bought. I've noticed that their 11th Doctor parts lot dwindled greatly once the special aired. I guess the ppl who didn't want Smith before wants him now that he is no longer the Doctor

As for the option parts, too bad that line seems to be cancelled. I think it was a good way for BC to move their remaining Smith figures at the time.

Just wanted to say I got my 11 that had a snapped off leg by falling off a shelf fixed by finding a replacement body parted out online, but vehemently encourage everyone to always use their stands on these because they are so brittle. The annoying thing is I only took him off his stand to borrow the stand for another figures photoshoot! :mad:

I am still kind of spazzing I now lost a button from him.

Alive and kicking! (But please don't look at his missing button!) -

That 2nd Doctor figure is tempting each time I see it. Seeing how BC's headsculpts are a hit or a miss (their modern Doctors look great while their Baker figure looks like an American hipster cosplaying as Baker), I think I would take my chances and get a 2nd Doctor figure from you guys.

There are buttons?

You should try losing the sonics from a 5'' figure after it's fallen to the floor! That's maddening! Thankfully I've always managed to find them! :D

That 2nd Doctor figure is tempting each time I see it. Seeing how BC's headsculpts are a hit or a miss (their modern Doctors look great while their Baker figure looks like an American hipster cosplaying as Baker), I think I would take my chances and get a 2nd Doctor figure from you guys.

I've ordered one - it's stunning! I sent my brother to the FB page to look at the Walking Dead sculpts, but it was PT he was amazed by and he's not usually a Who fan...

I am with captain Britain on this one... with the exception of their Sarah Jane sculpt (which is excellent, imo), most of WGP's Doctor Who sculpts are pretty toyish and subpar. That coupled with the issues they seem to have with their castings make them a less than attractive alternative.

I am with captain Britain on this one... with the exception of their Sarah Jane sculpt (which is excellent, imo), most of WGP's Doctor Who sculpts are pretty toyish and subpar. That coupled with the issues they seem to have with their castings make them a less than attractive alternative.

I don't think any of our Who heads have really looked cartoonish since our very first Trout/Jamie/Zoe three years ago, which is quite frankly why we are remaking them (first and foremost the Trout era heads are for me and wanting nice Doctor Who things is why I formed the studio). Even if you don't think our smiling Trout matched the iconic "Fury From the Deep" image it was based off of (sans hat), I'd hardly call it cartoonish.

I invite everyone to come check out the first page of our Classic Who thread and let us know what you think of our Who heads yourselves! Constructive criticism is always welcome!

upcoming:

Last edited:
I still want a season 7 Matt Smith

Big Chief is making a season 7 Smith for their 50th anniversary line. A preview of the figure can be seen in their win a chance to buy the DOTD 10th Doctor banner. From the looks of it, it is basically a redressed version of their 11th Doctor figure

I don't think any of our Who heads have really looked cartoonish since our very first Trout/Jamie/Zoe three years ago, which is quite frankly why we are remaking them (first and foremost the Trout era heads are for me and wanting nice Doctor Who things is why I formed the studio). Even if you don't think our smiling Trout matched the iconic "Fury From the Deep" image it was based off of (sans hat), I'd hardly call it cartoonish.
I too disagree with the notion that most WGP heads look cartoonish. The only post-Jaime/Zoe/PT version 1 DW head I can think of looking cartoonish is the Brig. However that has more to do with me seeing painted versions of the heads here. I bet if someone like Silent Surfer tackled a Brig head, it would look realistic. The opposite can be said if someone took a resin cast Tony Stark HT head and painted - it would look cartoonish, depending on the skill of the artist. The point I am trying to make is that if a head looks cartoonish, it isn't soley because of the sculpt; it's also the paint job. Don't forget that most of the heads we do see here are unpainted, Z-Brush renderings, and painted by amateurs. The only WGP Who head painted by painting professionals who makes a living painting figure prototypes is the 4th Doctor head. Compare the Silent Surfer's pro to with one of the other members here and you can clearly see how painting can make a head as beautifully sculpted as the 4th realistic or cartoony.

As for the smiling PT head, it looks cartoony because of the smile and the glossy-looking paint app. However, Troughton has a very comedic smile, much like Jim Carey. If you see the image below (from some random blog online), the Hs resembles the actor's facial gesture pretty well. The paint job on the Hs is shiny (probably because of lighting) so of course the head is going to look like a doll especially when it is a doll with photos taken with a flash camera.

PatrickTroughton.jpg

I also disagree that the WGP who heads are less than attractive alternatives especially when the official 1/6 heads look even more cartoony with the glossy plastic skin and the common "mass release paints apps". If WGP already released 4th Doctor's head is a less than attractive alt. Than BC's "Sy Stallone" 4th Doctor's head, then I'm crazy.

Any online stores where I could find this figure?

I bought mine from here a couple weeks ago (and it came in perfect condition): https://www.retrospace.co.nz/contem...s/doctor-who-11th-doctor-1-6-scale-big-chief/ The prices are in New Zealand dollars which makes a bit of a difference when exchanged (depending on your currency). I've seen a few on Ebay as well for cheaper prices, but that was awhile ago. I also think amazon still had some, but again that was some time ago. Good luck!

Thanks!

Nor a bad price, still expensive for what it was a couple of months ago (When I haven't money, of course XD )

I'll ask how much is the shipping to Spain.

Thanks again!

Back