Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with your schedule, but I would not be surprised if Sherlock never sees the light of day.
They will come but with them having to tweak the clothes the wait will be a very long one.

Recently someone commented that he is waiting for a release date on the 10th figure and BCS replied "So are we"...if even they are unaware of when one of their figures are being released then I think the wait will be a long one. I stayed conservative with my predictions, it could be a much longer wait.

From Big Chief's Facebook:

We are looking forward to an exciting run up to Christmas with the 10th and 4th Doctors, the 10th Doctor Dynamix figurine and all new art prints. On top of which we have the Sherlock figures up for pre-order and an all new 11th Doctor and 1st Doctor up for pre-order.

I guess a 2nd 11th Doctor is going to be up for pre-order before X-Mas!

I also don't think a second 11th Doctor will happen. At the time of them planning for one they probably thought he'd still be around for Series 8. Plus they haven't teased any images which means if one comes it will be late 2014 to early 2015 before it happens. BCS has to realize that they have a certain window to capitalize on sales. Wasn't there talk of a 1st Doctor in time for the 50th anniversary? That would have been a perfect time, but obviously that isn't happening.

Now on to Amy...aren't we due the replacement head like any day now? I realize delays are part of the game but it seems like everything they do is delayed. Getting one thing out on time shouldn't be an issue.

Here's how I see the releases going down:

Amy replacement head will arrive in December

10th Doctor will be in the hand of the fans in February 2014

4th Doctor will be in the hands of the fans in May 2014

Sherlock figures will arrive late 2014

I think that schedule is about right.

Wow incredible how did you come by this inside information?

You know what how's about you come do my job and I will sit at my keyboard all day and do yours.

Now that's snarky!

Last edited:

You know what how's about you come do my job and I will sit at my keyboard all day and do yours.

Now that's snarky!

Haha that is pretty snarky BCS, funny but snarky. But in all seriousness if I were in your position I would hire a Customer Service rep (you guys are pretty awful at it) or at least you guys could keep your wives busy by having them answer e-mails and Facebook posts. You seem to answer only the ones that benefit you the most. Ones about payments and what not have no problems getting answered. Heck, how about hire an intern?

Last edited:

Now that's snarky!

I'm not 100% sure that is the way things should be handled. I wouldn't suggest talking to potentional or active customers that way, it doesn't give the best impression and doesn't strike me as professional at all but more like a small time, smartass retailer. Is it true? Perhaps. But are such comments genuinely needed?

And Underworld is right, you guys need more people on the Customer Service departement. Hell, I'm looking for a job myself, if I got the offer I'd gladly take it.

Guys, give them a break. They are a small startup doing their best to give the fans the kind of products they want. I've had zero problems getting my e-mails answered from them in a timely manor, whether it's regarding my orders, payments, or other issues. The fact that they took criticism of their product photos to heart and did something to try to fix something that was not well-received by offering a second Amy Pond sculpt is above and beyond what most 1:6 companies would do nowadays. Remember the days when Sideshow would be receptive and do the same (Firefly camo head) but sadly they have turned that corner and have a "take it or leave it" policy in place now. I think Mark and BCS are doing a good job in spite of product delays and sporadic updates. They give us information when they have something to give or show like Four and Ten's outfits. I'm sure if they could afford to hire more help in the CS department to respond to more e-mails they would but they are just trying to break even and become profitable right now. I'd hate to see them go down and not finish all 12 Doctors. If it were Hot Toys, we'd NEVER get them all and Sideshow would have given us multiple variants of 11 in every outfit imaginable before moving on to the next one and eventually dropping the line for a bigger selling license like DC.

Wow. So this, and Greggo's attack in the Sherlock thread, are what we are now to expect in terms of treatment from BCS? Come on guys, you can do better than that. Don't let the stress get the better of you. As has been said, might be an idea to employ someone to deal with the customer service side. You can't be masters of everything and this approach is just going to make enemies, not allies, and you really need customer loyalty at this point.

I'm all for giving start ups a break, allowing them the expected growing pains, and ample benefit of any doubts. But how long should that be expected to last?

By the sounds of things BC now plans on having up for pre-order by the end of the year a variant 11, and the Hartnell 1st Doctor (yay!), as well as the two Sherlock pieces.

Yet at the same time we are now in October and they still haven't delivered the Amy alternate head to the customers that purchased that piece, nor do we have any indications on when either Ten or Four will ship, but it seems very doubtful that either will happen this year now.

As such many of us could end up in the position of having three, or for those interested in the variant 11, even four different Doctor figures all on pre-order at the same time, with no idea when any of them are going to actually surface.

Now I'm all for supporting Big Chief, and I'm an out and out Who fanatic, but even I am seriously hesitant about pre-ordering any more Doctor figures until one of the current ones ships. Because potentially having so many pre-order deposits down, with nothing actually shipping tends to make me a rather nervous collector. Especially with Big Chief having such a history now of missing so many expected launch windows for all of their product releases.

At this point, as much as I want to support Big Chief and this line, my trust well is running pretty damn dry. I'll push it to the Hartnell pre-order when that comes, and continue to hope against hope for a good result at the end of all of this, but Big Chief honesty shouldn't be surprised that stocks of pure faith and good will are starting to wear low with a lot of customers and collectors at this point.

i keep intending to get this but fail to pull the trigger due to wht i feel like is a unwarranted high price.

can only hope that if i do and once its in-hand my huge luv for series 5 and 6 of doc who and the 11th doc in general will make it worth it!

anyone feel the same as me goin in, make the purchase and not regret it or do?

I don't regret my purchase at all. I think he's just about perfect. I cannot wait to get my hands on Tom Baker(err...the figure). I really hope they do the rest of the docs if they're of this quality

i keep intending to get this but fail to pull the trigger due to wht i feel like is a unwarranted high price.

can only hope that if i do and once its in-hand my huge luv for series 5 and 6 of doc who and the 11th doc in general will make it worth it!

anyone feel the same as me goin in, make the purchase and not regret it or do?

I purchased this as a present for someone, but only because I had an unexpected windfall. I bought it because the recipient is a huge fan of the 11th Doctor, but I wasn't expecting it to be of particularly high quality when compared with Hot Toys. Actually, I was very pleasantly surprised - the tailoring, sculpt and paint job are of a very high quality, better than I was expecting, although some of the heads had a problem with darker paint jobs than they should have had.

The bottom line is that you should get this because of your 'huge luv' for series 5 and 6, just don't expect a figure of HT quality - though I didn't feel it was that much less.

Now that's snarky!

I didn't call you snarky. I called someone's guess about when a company which is MASSIVELY late with all of it's releases, and has a terrible record of even returning emails, reasonable. It's all guesses because you guys miss all of your projected dates by wide margins.

Wow. This post/attack of yours is crap customer relations even for you guys! :cuckoo:

Let's try to keep cool people. Please appreciate when businesses are willing to join the board to talk about their pieces. Companies of any size who respond to fans AT ALL should be given some leeway.

Expecting to email a company (or posting on Facebook) and asking when something will be released is just silly. If they knew when something would be released then they'd most likely announce that themselves.

Let's try to keep cool people. Please appreciate when businesses are willing to join the board to talk about their pieces. Companies of any size who respond to fans AT ALL should be given some leeway.

Expecting to email a company (or posting on Facebook) and asking when something will be released is just silly. If they knew when something would be released then they'd most likely announce that themselves.

I don't particularly appreciate when companies come on here to attack us for speculating about when they will finally release items (While not offering any help or new information.) Maybe I'm just an ingrate....

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a bit out of line coming from a company rep. I realize they're under extreme pressure, but posting stuff like that can really put people off of buying their product. Hire a community manager

Back