Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those recent photos look fantastic. The lighting in the first pics threw off my judgement. My apologies.

I don't know man, I want to like it, but those hands look horrible. The fingers look wonky and out of shape and they have mold lines down to the wrist. Just inexcusable.

Granted it's an artist proof, but the final version really better not look like that.

Granted it's an artist proof, but the final version really better not look like that.

That IS the final version.

APs are never 'advance' versions, they're just a portion of the production run set aside for secondary purposes, i.e. promotional, replacements.

I don't know man, I want to like it, but those hands look horrible. The fingers look wonky and out of shape and they have mold lines down to the wrist. Just inexcusable.

In hand (lol) the hands look absolutely fine and are much more pliable than Hot Toys hands, so are much easier to manipulate into holding his equipment!

Just got Eleven. Nice figure. The body is kinda "dollish" compared to most 1:6 figures. Thinking of transplanting him to a Hot Toys slim. Any suggestions for upgrading the boots? Don't like the rubbery molded boots he came with.

Just got Eleven. Nice figure. The body is kinda "dollish" compared to most 1:6 figures. Thinking of transplanting him to a Hot Toys slim. Any suggestions for upgrading the boots? Don't like the rubbery molded boots he came with.

Out of curiousity, what poses are you wanting that a HT slim would give you? Running, jumping? Ninja? :yess:

No poses specifically, I just want a better, sturdier body. I really don't care for the one he comes with especially the boots/feet.

I find the body to be absolutely fine and very similar to a slightly more petite HT body. It is sturdy, flexible, looks like hell unclothed, but who needs their Dr naked (and don't ask how I know)?

I am with you on the boots, though. Being molded, they do hamper ankle flexion, as well as not being desperately accurate. However, I have not been able to find anything else like the All Saints Layer Boots that the Dr wears, with their two-toned leather and distinctive, turned up toes.

all-saints-layer-boots-profile.jpg

So the best that can be done is probably a pair of WWI combat boots. Battlegear do some decent black ones. I would post a link, but the site won't allow it. It is also impossible to navigate. All I can say is, click the French flag, scroll down to the French section, click on "Boots", make your way past all the things that aren't boots, and they are there. Somewhere.

https://battlegeartoys.com/

I would be interested to hear of any other suitable, leather boots.

Last edited:
The boots are in fact accurate, the two-tone is the series 5 boot. He wore these in series 6:

CT%20S5%20boots.jpg

I will concur the boots are a little less than to be desired in terms of being boring and non ideal rubber and short on detail, but as for the figure, mine is as sturdy as can be desired and can be put in any pose I'd reasonably expect the character to need, so not seeing the purpose of switching it to something overpriced like the the HT slim.

Off-topic, but does anyone know of a good jacket for an Eccles figure? I remember years ago there was one that had a big fur collar but once you took that off it was perfect - but I've no idea now who made it or where to find it. Any hints?

If BC want to announce a Ninth Doctor figure that would be fine too.

The boots are in fact accurate, the two-tone is the series 5 boot. He wore these in series 6:

I stand corrected. You are absolutely right. I have no memory of those boots, but hunting around I see that they were a mystery Russell and Bromley boot. OK. So, they are accurate (but not of the more iconic Layer boots. Shame) but still need replacing. It will be easier to get leather versions of those, though. They do look like WWI combat boots.

Last edited:
I always found the Red Baron figure had the closest match. Just remove the fur lining and color it black.

Back