Statue Big Chap Alien Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had some luck with my chipped big chap.

SS replied with the standard email offering me $40 credit or $30 cash back or a return for refund. I asked if they could send a body replacement and they agreed. It should ship out soon. Very happy with this resolution (so long as the replacement body is right).

I put this up on the floor-standing speaker next to my tv so from the couch it's looking down at you. I really love the pose and finish on this piece. Despite the love for the sano, this pose is so much better even if the detail is not as accurate.

^
Glad to hear the good news. My defective one was delivered to their returns department yesterday. I hope to receive notification of my replacement being shipped either today or tomorrow.

Looks like a win all round. :hi5:

I have to send them pictures to prove I smashed the original body on receipt of my replacement. Hope your replacement comes in perfect nick. Since yours is being completely replaced I guess the es just dropped to 249 :rotfl

I'm getting a refund, no replacement. Too many problems with mine. Hopefully someone else will get a better statue than I did.

I received my body replacement today and it's perfect. Only problem is I can't get the tail in all the way. Anyone else have this problem?

Seems mine has been stuck in Louisiana for the last five days. Any of you fellers from the US of A think that's related to Hurricane Isaac?

A lot of things are stuck here since Isaac. Including me. Things are just about back to normal now.

Got it today thank goodness. Everything seems cool, really slick statue this. Only slight fly in the ointment is that his left foot is hovering a millimetre or two above the base. Saying that I didn't put too much pressure attaching him to it and it seems to need some. Same for the tail too, as mentioned above.

I'll give him a good whack tomorrow.

I think I had some foot hover as well. I didn't do a thing about it.
My friend comes over a couple weeks after I set it up and was like wow you got one with no foot hover. It seems to fix itself I guess.

Got mine today! With Bigfoot!

I really like this. I couldn't afford the Sano at the time so this was a better option and I think it turned out real swell. Love the Spider-Man pose and the paints turned out real good. Nice details also.

The chest burster is crap though. Looks very rushed and the paint ops are something even I could do. Looks real cheesy and I was expecting better.

I'm slowly building a nice little Alien collection on par with my Planet of the Apes collection though many moons behind my almighty JAWS collection!

BB

I received my order as well last week... unfortunately there was a piece missing near the dome of Alien so I requested a replacement. There was also a smaller paint defect and the foot hover. Not the greatest QC from Sideshow.

I just smashed #22/250 Exclusive for a refund. Congrats to whoever is still on the WL and get a new one. Hope you got a better one than I did.

I finally got mine 140/250. The foot peg did not fit into the base at all. I really had to work with it and still ended up with about 1mm of foot hover. The tail peg was very tight, but at least I know it won't fall out. Overall, the paint is great and the sculpt is fantastic. Also, I agree about the EX chestburster. Kinda lame and easy to fall over. It reminds me of a chess piece.

A quick photo.

2012-09-19204032_zpsad5dc9d9.jpg

I just got mine today, really happy with it, No chips on the paintwork and no floating foot. The only thing is he is a little loose on the base, its only a slight wiggle when you touch it mind you.

some pics not the best as they are from a phone but
IMG-20120925-00640.jpg

IMG-20120925-00641.jpg

Bit washed out because of the bloody flash came on
IMG-20120925-00639.jpg

I finally got mine 140/250. The foot peg did not fit into the base at all. I really had to work with it and still ended up with about 1mm of foot hover. The tail peg was very tight, but at least I know it won't fall out. Overall, the paint is great and the sculpt is fantastic. Also, I agree about the EX chestburster. Kinda lame and easy to fall over. It reminds me of a chess piece.

A quick photo.

2012-09-19204032_zpsad5dc9d9.jpg

I had that same problem but the foot has slowly slid down to the base. I guess three weeks of gravity fixed it!

I'm hoping for the same. He was really tight fitting into the base, so I hope he will just settle in.

It is really a great piece, but I wouldn't go out of my way for the EX (if I hadn't already).

Figured I'd pay my respects to what is probably my favorite statue in this line...

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

Photos of the new Alien Warrior can be found in its thread.

again, great pics Blade. Judging solely from your pics, I like the Warrior statue better, despite Sideshow's strange choice of color.

Back