Statue Big Chap Alien Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get over how cool the Big Chap statue is. Surprisingly varied paint apps and a unique pose for this particular version of the creature. You wouldn't think the crouch works, but it totally does.

I noticed he is a bit front heavy as well.

Great pics Fremen! Thanks for all the comparison pics.:1-1:

God almighty, barely 24 hours ago I stated that I simply could not afford this, another statue. Now I've just gone and bought him :(

At this rate I won't even be able to afford dog food for my meals.

Blast you people and your beautiful photos!

Thanks for all the comparison pics! That is what has helped me decide to pick this up. I still don't have an Alien piece in my collection and this is a good start. I think I'll pair this up with the Alien LSB when Sideshow finally gets around to releasing one. I like the Big Chap maquette, but I just don't have the space for him and it's more than I want to spend for a collectible.

Does he even have the tail in at all? I can't see it.

My tail was a little tough to get in but at least I know it's not going to fall out.

This piece is just beautiful. You can't go wrong with it. It's also quite a bit bigger then I expected which was a nice surprise.

I see that nothingface has the same foot hover as I do. So I'm not an isolated occurrence. He also has the tail in wrong.

Haha, yeah, I was aware that the tail was in wrong but I actually prefer it this way.

The foot thing isn't a deal breaker for me and I'll fiddle around with it eventually. It's much bigger than I thought it'd be and is almost exactly the same height and weight of the Predalien Concept Statue behind it. So, not quite sure of the actual scale since the Predalien should be much bigger than the Alien 1 creature.

It took me about 3 years to get my Dog Aliens maquette foot all the down on the base. Hopefully this one doesn't take as long.

I saw one over on the other SF website today while pursuing around for what I'm looking for. And it was not a bad deal either, considering.

Scoot over there and let me know what you think! :D

Well, Bolaji Badejo, was 6 foot 7 inches tall (some websites say 7 feet) and Tom Woodruff Jr is 6 foot 2 inches. Both of these gentlemen were in the Alien suits. That right there is proof. I can't find the actual measurements of the suits themselves but this info is pretty solid....at least I think so. Both wore form fitting suits.

Yeah, but comparing the statues, I don't recall there being such a drastic size reduction for the creature in Alien 3 compared to Alien. Might just be my memory, but until I see real evidence then I still say that SS made the Dog Alien just a tad too small to be on the same scale. By no way am I saying they look bad together. Neither are the scale of the previous dioramas, for sure.

You also have to remember, even if the actual sizes are similar, that the Alien 3 creature didn't have the back pipes and his shoulder crests (whatever you call them) as not as pronounced. It's an overall sleeker creature...and my personal favorite design.

Yeah, I realize that, but are you holding one up to the other and really seeing the size difference between just the heads? I'll take a pic later to illustrate my point.

Oh, I know. I can hold them up side by side myself and see the difference, but that doesn't bother me. I've always assumed the Dog was the smallest of the Aliens. I kinda like the different sizes of the creature.

What are we arguing about?

Dogs are smaller than that tall ass not actor they found in the pub down the way...

But since I've finally exposed myself to the quote unquote director's cut of Alien3 (having waited for the proper bluray treatment), there is no longer a dog alien for me anyway...

He is now the ox alien! And I would have it no other way. :lecture

Back