Statue Big Chap Alien Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine finally put inside a case :D just a quick phone pic
oed3cppj:tw1

Nice pic Stealth. The up lighting really works IMO.

Thanks, yeh i had it facing down at first but it never brought any detail out, just lit up his dome. so i tried it facing up and in the dark thought it looked awesome and a little scary, kinda like the torch under the chin thing you used to do as a kid lol.

really like the statue, glad i picked it up when i had the chance

When I first got my Big Chap he had a chip in the dome, and had a severe foot hover. Got my replacement, and it was perfect. A few days later, and a long story short, he made an abrupt "meeting" with the floor. Most of his right fingers were broken, and in multiple places. A couple nails off the left hand and feet were broken off. A chip came off the circular edge of his upper left back pipe, and I couldn't find it. All of the other pieces I managed to scavenge.

Contacted, and had him fixed by, Kaijuboy.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=4956
Also had him add drool, smooth out the dome seam in the back, and repaint the chestburster. I finally have my trilogy all together.

BigChap02_zpsed6f2237.jpg

BigChap03_zps5b7b37a3.jpg

BigChap04_zpsb62c1d80.jpg

BigChap06_zps3236cd72.jpg

BigChap05_zpsa1931c7f.jpg

BigChap07_zpsdcc09562.jpg

BigChap08_zps6802408c.jpg

BigChap09_zps896e9f44.jpg

BigChap10_zps7a3d6c53.jpg

When I first got my Big Chap he had a chip in the dome, and had a severe foot hover. Got my replacement, and it was perfect. A few days later, and a long story short, he made an abrupt "meeting" with the floor. Most of his right fingers were broken, and in multiple places. A couple nails off the left hand and feet were broken off. A chip came off the circular edge of his upper left back pipe, and I couldn't find it. All of the other pieces I managed to scavenge.

Contacted, and had him fixed by, Kaijuboy.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=4956
Also had him add drool, smooth out the dome seam in the back, and repaint the chestburster. I finally have my trilogy all together.

BigChap02_zpsed6f2237.jpg

BigChap03_zps5b7b37a3.jpg

BigChap04_zpsb62c1d80.jpg

BigChap06_zps3236cd72.jpg

BigChap05_zpsa1931c7f.jpg

BigChap07_zpsdcc09562.jpg

BigChap08_zps6802408c.jpg

BigChap09_zps896e9f44.jpg

BigChap10_zps7a3d6c53.jpg

Looks awesome but please tell me you're not going to keep them on the windowsill!?!?! That's tempting fate man!

The ledge is deep enough for a display, the room is half submerged into the earth (should you open a window, you'd exit directly onto the ground), and there are large bushes outside the windows anyway. Should an act of God occur, and it actually floods here, then my whole collection will be screwed anyway.

Also, the windows are never opened. I have blinds, black out blinds, and shades covering them.

I noticed you weren't a huge fan of the pose but it's my favorite of all the statues I've seen :monkey1

this question is for anyone who has this statue, does anyone have any qc issues with paint or anything? wanting to order this but im wondering how it is.

:) just thought i'd ask also does everyone in here know that a company called Super7 is making ALIEN movie action figures that are the exact same molds from kenner that kenner never used it goes up for preorder in january i think they are also making ALIEN glasses that look like the old fast food glasses from long ago

:) just thought i'd ask also does everyone in here know that a company called Super7 is making ALIEN movie action figures that are the exact same molds from kenner that kenner never used it goes up for preorder in january i think they are also making ALIEN glasses that look like the old fast food glasses from long ago

Pics?? Link!!!

Pics?? Link!!!

Here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113226&highlight=super+7

this question is for anyone who has this statue, does anyone have any qc issues with paint or anything? wanting to order this but im wondering how it is.

Haven't heard of any issues, but when I had my picture session with the thing a couple months after receiving it, I realized Sideshow did a pretty bad job painting the inside of the mouth. It's a little noticeable from the sides and terrible head-on (as can be seen in dr_teng's photos). Other than that, great paint and a great statue overall. Very commanding piece.

Yeah im still debating getting it or not the base seems too disconnected from the statue itself to me as the base it a light blue tigerstripe if it were black i'd have already bought this but the color on the base = :( and im also worried that this will be one of the last pieces made by sideshow for the first alien. So im still torn lol

Yeah im still debating getting it or not the base seems too disconnected from the statue itself to me as the base it a light blue tigerstripe if it were black i'd have already bought this but the color on the base = :( and im also worried that this will be one of the last pieces made by sideshow for the first alien. So im still torn lol

Your loss...

Back