• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware ebay seller from Chile...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay/Paypal will normally freeze the money for new sellers on ebay, unless they got a positive feedback for the transaction/ or passed 21 days.

But yeah, I get the vibe that these suckers are running a scam as well. Just too good to be true.

Some people are desperate. Some are new. When I was new to ebay years ago I was scammed. So there's alway new people :)

But didn't you also just buy one of these - because you feel you are protected w/ ebay/paypal even though you knew it was 99.9% a scam?

Wow this is going to ruin a bunch of collectors. I mean after getting screwed over like this might just make you rethink buying off of eBay in general.

Not really,
Just copy the buying habits of this chilean scammer and you'll be fine.(He/she always buys from very highly reputable sellers, usually with 1000 positive seller rating or more)

I saw that. Some poor schmuck bought it.

Anybody who has suffered from this thiefs from Chile, must contact ebay and paypal and let them know. It is also crazy, with all due respect, that somebody can fall into this trick, I mean $600.00 Economy Int'l Shipping? That is a joke!

Anybody who has suffered from this thiefs from Chile, must contact ebay and paypal and let them know. It is also crazy, with all due respect, that somebody can fall into this trick, I mean $600.00 Economy Int'l Shipping? That is a joke!

The shipping price is high, but the buy it now price is very low(like $50.00 bucks). So the overall price for the figure\figures that he\she is selling balances out.

Last edited:
Well I can't speak for all of them but ko350an just bought an item from me, and paid immediately. Hope that helps someone.

But didn't you also just buy one of these - because you feel you are protected w/ ebay/paypal even though you knew it was 99.9% a scam?

Yes I bought this one for two reason. First I was ignorant for thinking I was protected without looking at the seller point of view spending it like crazy. After that I feel wrong for thinking how I used to think and opened up the case directly and leave feedback. I admit I was wrong.
Secondly, I want to leave negative feedback so others aware. In order to do so I have to buy it.

It's true there's part of me still expected this was good deal. But after more and more members likfe ash, Raf posting comments they've been scammed by these sellers then I am 100% sure. Before work13 was just suspecting them so 99.9%.

Thanks for not judging :)

Well I can't speak for all of them but ko350an just bought an item from me, and paid immediately. Hope that helps someone.

This completely different thing. He has the money and he will gladly buy and pay directly to get the items shipped to him/her. BUT, it's a good thing u tell. Maybe u have his/her full name and address? What's his paypal email? So we can report that.

Thanks.

Great, just don't ship him the item so that he understands how it feels to be scammed. :wink1:

I wonder what would happen if someone asked one of the Chilean sellers if a local pickup was available.

He probably only sells to people in the US and thus would not be expecting a question like that, but it would be a good and funny question to ask none the less.

Great, just don't ship him the item so that he understands how it feels to be scammed. :wink1:

I am certain if they get scammed, they would be the first calling paypal cursing them out for all they are worth. In all honesty though, he is not paying with him money anyway....why should he care.

It actually hurts more than it helps, because that money that he's paying you with is not his money. It's our money. :slap

This completely different thing. He has the money and he will gladly buy and pay directly to get the items shipped to him/her. BUT, it's a good thing u tell. Maybe u have his/her full name and address? What's his paypal email? So we can report that.

Thanks.

Your whole case is built on conjecture. You have zero proof. Why would I ever share my customers Personal/postal info with you?

Why would i do that to a buyer who has paid me? Once again, how do you know any of this to be true?

It actually hurts more than it helps, because that money that he's paying you with is not his money. It's our money. :slap
And you know this how exactly?

I'd suggest that you hold off on shipping the item.

Because if the original sender of the money filed a claim, its not out of the question that paypal will take that money from your account.

Why would i do that to a buyer who has paid me? Once again, how do you know any of this to be true?

And you know this how exactly?

We are not 100% sure of course. Nobody is. Why don't you read through this thread before asking so many questions and be the judge for yourself. Again, it is not our intent to slander any ebay seller. I'm only here to point out highly suspicious behavior to protect ebay buyers and members of this forum from possible fraudulant activity.

I know there are many posts on this thread, but please take the time to peruse through some of the posts and maybe then you'll understand why we are so suspicious of these Chilean ebay ids. Please look to the beginning and very 1st post on page 1 for a reference and continually updated summary of what is happening. There you'll see the suspicious ebay ids that we are referring to and monitoring with concern.

Last edited:
He does have a point. I can only speak for ko350an since he's the only one I'm dealing with. We do not know 100% if he's a crook. Yeah he's selling expensive stuff cheap. But for all we know his story is true. He bought a pallet of figures from somewhere maybe dirt cheap. Think about it realistically, these figures are worth so much because of the demand. When they first came out you could get one for $150. Lets say he got them at half of that. He's still making a killing if he sells them below the market value. His story is a good one and could happen. He also did send me a picture with my ebay name as proof. He responds right away. Lets also not forget that I asked him for other Hot Toys figures which he cleary told me he did not have. Now I'm not a scammer, but if I was. Someone asking you for an item and willing to pay you for it seems like an easy take. He could have said, yes I have them. They are "x" amount of dollars and I ould have paid. He did not do that. He also said that he had some other figures in his collection and that he would sell them to me. But to wait until I got my first shipment. Of course this could all be bullcrap an he's stringing me along. But is it so hard to believe? Like I said, it would be funny if we get our stuff. If that happened, I would personally apologize to the guy for talking crap on here. Even if he had no clue about this thread. I'm gonna give it another week before I draw any conclusions. He said 10-12 day shipping time. Time will tell folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back