Trying to buy from ebay, help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys I'd appreciate advice regarding buying statues from eBay.

I've been on the hunt for the pop culture shock Scorpion and Sub-Zero 1/3 statues. I've had interaction with few of the buyer's selling them and even paid one guy for the statue but he doesn't seem to want to do the pre-order transfer for the statue I paid for.
The reason being that he feels if he transfers the pre-order to me, I could possibly open a paypal claim and get my money back. So his suggestion is that I leave my money with him until the statue is release and he ships it to me. I don't know if that's a good idea.

So just now I messaged another buyer who's selling the statue to see if he's interested in selling it to me.
He responded saying that since I don't have any eBay feedback he doesn't want to sell it to me on eBay and would rather have me gift him the money on paypal.

As discussed in this thread, paying as gift through paypal is basically how scammers want to be paid.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/video-games-and-video-game-collectibles/150462-pcs-1-3-scorpion-statue-53.html

And after few message exchanges he assumes I'm a scammer trying to scam him.

So can someone please tell me how the hell do I go about buying a statue from ebay. Every buyer I've interacted with has been nothing but a waste of time. Is it so easy for people to scam on ebay?
If people aren't willing to sell the things they put up then whats the point of putting them up on ebay?
Doesn't ebay provide some sort of protection for both the buyer and seller?

Just trying to buy this one statue has been nothing but a painful process. Either the seller doesn't do what he lists in the product description or the buyer assumes I'm a scammer. Having not sold anything on ebay I don't have any feedback so what can I as someone new on ebay provide some level of assurance to the seller?

The only way to pay as gift is out of ebay, so you won't be buying via ebays.

How about you suggest him to this forum and you guys can sort out the buy/sell thing instead.

How long until the statue is released? You would be better off sending USPS money order than paypal gift, at least then you have FBI/USPI help if there is a problem. There are ways to get around the "gift" issue and still get your money back from paypal, but as with anything paypal it is not guaranteed.

Back