• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware ebay seller from Chile...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone wanna take risk and buy it? Well it's not really risky other than wasting ur time if this turns out to be scam :)

I just don't have that much money right now. haha.

I got too good to be true deal a lot. Like ancient asia for $450 and scar anicom for $600 LOL. All were scam. Although I got my money back parts of me feel so sad didn't get them LOL

What's the point of this? If a scammer sells you something and you pay with paypal via ebay. You get all your money back. Paypal removes it from their account or nagatives them. I don't see the point in the scam. If anything paypal is the one getting scammed.

What's the point of this? If a scammer sells you something and you pay with paypal via ebay. You get all your money back. Paypal removes it from their account or nagatives them. I don't see the point in the scam. If anything paypal is the one getting scammed.

He's just trying to warn us. I would be devastated if I thought I would get good deal and after waiting for so long it turned out to be a scam. It's waste of time. Surely u get your money back but all this time waiting and hoping was for nothing. It sounds silly but if you've been in this position u will understand :)

That's been my question. I have been asking every single guy who scammed me and never got answer LOL. It's either they're too stupid or they just don't have anything to do.

Months ago there's this guy with 500++ positive feedback scammed me. U know what he managed to fool me for two months. I guess he was trying to stall till the paypal protection expires. And he kept communicating with me to make him seems legit. he always has his reason why the shipment hadn't arrived.
I convinced him to refund my money first and I will pay again to reset the protection countdown. He then realized I wasn't that stupid then he stop responding to my email. I opened the case and got my money back.

He had me convinced that there was delay on PO. It was perfect timing with the snow storm and stuff LOL.

People can be so mean :(

That's been my question. I have been asking every single guy who scammed me and never got answer LOL. It's either they're too stupid or they just don't have anything to do.

Months ago there's this guy with 500++ positive feedback scammed me. U know what he managed to fool me for two months. I guess he was trying to stall till the paypal protection expires. And he kept communicating with me to make him seems legit. he always has his reason why the shipment hadn't arrived.
I convinced him to refund my money first and I will pay again to reset the protection countdown. He then realized I wasn't that stupid then he stop responding to my email. I opened the case and got my money back.

He had me convinced that there was delay on PO. It was perfect timing with the snow storm and stuff LOL.

People can be so mean :(

Some of these ebay sellers are pretty crafty with their excuses. I'm glad you got your money back. It's been a while since I got scammed and was pleasantly surprised when paypal refunded ALL my money and not just half of it like they did in the past.

What's scary is these scammers probably have bad credit and therefore nothing to loose. So they'll keep scamming people under different ebay ids. Then they'll go on a shopping spree with the money they scammed from you and build their buyer rating up to get some positive stars to try to look somewhat legit. Usually at this time, they still have a zero seller rating because they are stalling the delivery of your items by lieing to you with lame excuses. Meanwhile, during this small window and before buyers catch on, they will re-post more crazy deals on ebay to get more money in their paypal accounts to spend again. By the time the buyers finally catch on and try to post neg feedback, it is already too late and they are long gone, or out scamming again under a different id.

It almost really doesn't matter that paypal neg posts their accounts because their credit is already bad to begin with and thus, the scammers could care less. They'll just setup another bank account along with a new ebay id and start the process all over again.

Just be careful when buying from an international seller-especially from Chile. I'm not saying all chillean sellers posting on the US ebay site are bad, but so far, all the ones I've delt with-and there aren't many-have been bad experiences.

Last edited:
Guys, I contacted him and offered him low ball price and he accepted. it's totally scam. I knew it but deep down inside me still want to try lol. help me out guys. I am talking about that avp elder, p2 bd, and wolf set.

Guys, I contacted him and offered him low ball price and he accepted. it's totally scam. I knew it but deep down inside me still want to try lol. help me out guys. I am talking about that avp elder, p2 bd, and wolf set.

Tell him to send the items first, and if he does, you'll send him double what you offered. :wink1:

Its funny cause I asked him for an original elder and a celtic and he said he was out of those. This is the seller ko350an. I asked him why he's selling so cheap. He replied that he works for an overstock place and has to buy stuff by weight and usally on a pallet, that he sometimes has no idea what's on them. Says this pallet has been sitting around for about 2 years. I'd copy and paste what he wrote, but its in spanish..

Better yet, tell him as soon as you see a positive seller feedback, that you will double your offer.

Its funny cause I asked him for an original elder and a celtic and he said he was out of those. This is the seller ko350an. I asked him why he's selling so cheap. He replied that he works for an overstock place and has to buy stuff by weight and usally on a pallet, that he sometimes has no idea what's on them. Says this pallet has been sitting around for about 2 years. I'd copy and paste what he wrote, but its in spanish..

I'm wondering if the other chillean seller: "jcestay" would say the same thing if you asked that same question. Again guys, they may or may not be legit. I'm not 100% sure, but just be careful because they look awfully suspicious.

they are indeed suspicious. I just don't have time to deal with it right now. I will play along for a while with him lol.

they are indeed suspicious. I just don't have time to deal with it right now. I will play along for a while with him lol.

Which one are you talking with, jcestay or ko350an?

Not sure if this is still the policy, but I got screwed on a ebay lot one time and had to go through the dispute process. I got everything back except the shipping cost.

If this is still the rule, I can see how profitable it would be for these sellers who sell stuff cheap and then charge a huge amount for shipping to screw people over. No big deal to them if they have to issue a $100 merchandise refund when they can pocket the $900+ they charged for shipping.

Pep.. I'd ask the jcestay guy the same question.. See what he answers. I asked ko350an to send me some pictures with my ebay name on it.. see what happens.

Not sure if this is still the policy, but I got screwed on a ebay lot one time and had to go through the dispute process. I got everything back except the shipping cost.

If this is still the rule, I can see how profitable it would be for these sellers who sell stuff cheap and then charge a huge amount for shipping to screw people over. No big deal to them if they have to issue a $100 merchandise refund when they can pocket the $900+ they charged for shipping.

Good point

Not any more, they now issue you a full refund including shipping. Buyer protection plan. That's why it makes no sense to me..What's the point. To screw paypal is all I can see.

Beware of bad chili!
chili3.jpg

You know them Chile people are special thou. Maybe this guy does have a warehouse full of rare Hot Toys figures. Hell if 33 Chilean guys can be trapped in an underground hole for such a long time and have everything they need, why not. Heck they are superstars now. Anything they want, they get. Maybe these guys are some of the chosen 33 and China sent them a boat load of Hot Toys figures for support.

Beware of bad chili!
chili3.jpg

I trust your warning and won't eat the chili(I don't eat chilli anyways=), if you don't buy from the Chilian ebay seller. I'm just saving you from the grief and pain buddy. But, if you think my warning is just BS, then by all means, bid away. Afterall they are at a great price. Good luck! :wink1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back