Best Superhero Movie of all time? (So far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best Superhero movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's entirely subjective. I'd rate Superman 1, 2 and SR over many Marvel movies.:huh

I'd rate Superman 1, 2, Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and soon to be the Watchmen as the best stable of superhero films. The only Marvel films I've ever enjoyed or thought were decent movies were Iron Man and Ang Lee's Hulk.

That's whats wrong with the whole "comic/superhero film" classification. You wouldn't claim a shakespeare or Poe film adaptation as taking the "source material too seriously" but that dubious label is thrown onto TDK like rice at a wedding. What happens when the Watchmen film comes out? I wonder how many people will say it takes the source material too seriously?

Having just read WATCHMEN, I disagree. Despite the powerful message, and deep themes, the book was filled with both realistic, and tounge-in-cheek humor. Compared to the mood of the WATCHMEN book, TDK just comes off as morose.

Hahahah! No. No no no. Yes, Iron Man was amazing, and a big part of the reason WAS Downey, however, the movie had a great story, with great characters, action was minimal, but still.

The Dark Knight was good period. Regardless WHO played the Joker, it STILL would've been great, because Nolan can direct, and the script was all there. Yes Ledger's Joker was amazing, and yes it did make the movie more popular, but it was because the ^^^^ing JOKER was in the movie. Most comic book fans LOVE the Joker. So no matter who played Mister J, the hype would've built regardless.

So no matter who played Mister J, the hype would've built regardless.

A weak performance would have given The Dark Knight a $250 million ceiling. Everything in that movie revolves around the Joker and it's a role that would have completely fallen apart in less skilled hands. Nobody really talks about Harvey. Nobody at all talks about Batman. The audience is there to see a recently dead rising star give a breakout performance.

Remove the Joker and the movie is no real improvement over Batman Begins. It's a good film, but over-hyped beyond belief. (And seemingly always by its youngest viewers. Go figure! :))

Yes.....the hype was around THE JOKER. Character, like I said, no matter who played him, people woulda still wanted to see it.

And sorry the movie is just so damn good. Not my fault. Blame Nolan.

Yes.....the hype was around THE JOKER. Character, like I said, no matter who played him, people woulda still wanted to see it.

Sure. But you don't get a box office like this without repeat business. A weaker performance would have meant a lower box office. It's a good movie, but without Ledger it's nothing special, and that's one reason there are better candidates for "best superhero movie." In a few years when the hype dies down we'll get a more accurate reappraisal.

Hahahah! No. No no no. Yes, Iron Man was amazing, and a big part of the reason WAS Downey, however, the movie had a great story, with great characters, action was minimal, but still.

The Dark Knight was good period. Regardless WHO played the Joker, it STILL would've been great, because Nolan can direct, and the script was all there. Yes Ledger's Joker was amazing, and yes it did make the movie more popular, but it was because the ^^^^ing JOKER was in the movie. Most comic book fans LOVE the Joker. So no matter who played Mister J, the hype would've built regardless.

Yep, I think the weakest part of Iron Man was the more formulaic story and weak Villain, even though I thought Jeff Bridges performed very well, the character seemed a little too generic, especially when compared to Ledger's Joker.
But overall I like Iron Man a lot more because it felt a bit more exciting, fun, and upbeat.

I'm surprised that IM is ahead of Superman the movie. Well IM was a great flick.

Here's my list.

Superman the movie (nothing beats it for me) (10/10)
IM (8.5/10)
TDK (8.5/10)
Spider-Man 1 (8/10)
Superman 2 (8/10)
X-men 1 (7/10)

Those are my faves, i like others but those are my top choices.

And for the record i thought GR was a damn fun movie. (7/10) Maybe cause i've never read the comic, but i enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back