Best Superhero Movie of all time? (So far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best Superhero movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uh, that would be a negative impact, imho. Superman should not ever be as "dark" as Batman.

While this conversation has gone seriously three fold I had to chime in on this point. Irish is 100% right on this mark, Superman is effectively the polar opposite to Bruce which makes their team ups slightly more interesting because neither understands how the other can operate under those guises, Clark positive or optimistic and Bruce always so negative or grounded in reality. Any dark Superman film would have to focus on the villain being this way or else they are changing the character completely, IMHO and really not portraying what should be on screen.

Not that any of you said that or that it shouldn't be this way I just wanted to add my two pennies.

Titanic didn't. But The Dark Knight is interesting because the 1989 Batman had a similar cultural impact that managed to last all of one film.

And what film might Titanic have had the chance to influence? All the other cruise line movies? Perhaps "Boat Trip"? Or maybe Rosie's Gay Cruise documentary?

I'm not sure why you think this. The Dark Knight simply builds on Batman Begins, which was able to be made "dark" because of the reception of many of the Marvel movies before it which took their premises seriously. X-Men begins in a concentration camp. It's been a natural progression, not a groundswell.

I'm not sure why you think X-men is dark or mature. Everyone I've seen plays out like a teeny bopper angst film. I will agree with you on the progression though, because that's only natural. The Dark Knight just capitalized on it the best.

Only an idiot would propose a "dark" Superman film and the influence of The Dark Knight is likely to last until December, when The Spirit bombs. The first major DC misfire will be the nail in the coffin there. The proper legacy of The Dark Knight is "take it seriously" but of course comic book films have been doing that on and off for 19 years now.

Call DC up and tell them. I'm just reporting the news. I'm not sure what the Spirit has to due with The Dark Knight's lasting appeal or influence. I guess Iron Man's success followed up by the Hulk's bomb will completely erase all other Marvel efforts? And I'm still waiting for you to explain what films deal with more mature themes and subject matter over these past 19 years.

But this is a bit of a red herring anyway, because the reason The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen were groundbreaking masterpieces that changed comic book storytelling wasn't because they were dark. That's what the hacks took from them, and it looks like that's what the hacks are taking from The Dark Knight, too.

I'm not sure anyone ever equated their success to them being dark.

And what film might Titanic have had the chance to influence?

Every other epic romance picture.

I'm not sure why you think X-men is dark or mature.

I didn't say X-Men was dark. If you don't think X2 is a mature film that takes its premise and themes seriously then fair enough.

Call DC up and tell them.

Why would I do that?

I'm not sure what the Spirit has to due with The Dark Knight's lasting appeal or influence.

The Spirit is a "dark" take on material that should not be dark. It looks ridiculous and is likely to bomb. Batman is a relatively unique case among superheroes in terms of being able to carry this sort of presentation. We already see WB is taking the wrong lesson from The Dark Knight and when that backfires they're hardly likely to go back and pick out the right ones.

I guess Iron Man's success followed up by the Hulk's bomb will completely erase all other Marvel efforts?

Do you know The Incredible Hulk's budget and worldwide box office?

And I'm still waiting for you to explain what films deal with more mature themes and subject matter over these past 19 years.

In which case you clearly haven't been paying attention.

I'm not sure anyone ever equated their success to them being dark.

So you aren't familiar with late '80s/early '90s comics then.

I've had a lot of patience with you, but I'm bowing out now. There's no point in having an intellectual discussion with an unarmed man and frankly you seem to lack any sort of context or grounding for these topics. Enjoy your toys.

Last edited:
Every other epic romance picture.

I didn't say X-Men was dark. If you don't think X2 is a mature film that takes its premise and themes seriously then fair enough.

Why would I do that?

The Spirit is a "dark" take on material that should not be dark. It looks ridiculous and is likely to bomb. Batman is a relatively unique case among superheroes in terms of being able to carry this sort of presentation. We already see WB is taking the wrong lesson from The Dark Knight and when that backfires they're hardly likely to go back and pick out the right ones.

Do you know The Incredible Hulk's budget and worldwide box office?

In which case you clearly haven't been paying attention.

So you aren't familiar with late '80s/early '90s comics then.

I've had a lot of patience with you, but I'm bowing out now. There's no point in having an intellectual discussion with an unarmed man and frankly you seem to lack any sort of context or grounding for these topics. Enjoy your toys.

Keep the excuses flowing. It's all you're good for. Insults come easy to the insecure.

Why?

IM was fantastic except for the weak final battle. That is why it is not tops in my book. The ending was as exciting as the 45 second showdown in Fantastic Four.

I don't think it was that exciting. :lol:lol

Anyway , I don't think I have even chimed in on this.
For me it will probably change all time time but if I type now its like this.

1. The Dark Knight / Iron man

2. Batman Begins

3. Spiderman 2 / 1

4. Xmen 1 & 2

5. Probably hellboy.... I dunno .. I don't have anything really for many other superhero movies.
Is hellboy even a superhero ?. :lol

Sorta. Out of DC I only like the Batman films. I like more Marvel films then DC. Spider-Man is one of my favorite hero movies of all time. I love it. Before TDK came, it was my number 1. You can attack me all ya wants to, but I think the film is amazing.

Sorta. Out of DC I only like the Batman films. I like more Marvel films then DC. Spider-Man is one of my favorite hero movies of all time. I love it. Before TDK came, it was my number 1. You can attack me all ya wants to, but I think the film is amazing.

I would have to agree as well, I can't think of anything outside of the Batman movies that is all that great for DC films. I love the Spiderman movies too, hell even part 3 that everyone seems to hate.

I agree guys Spider-Man was a very good movie. (and SM3 wasn't as bad as some fanboys/haters would have you believe. But it did not live up to the hype thats for sure) SM1 has that special something!! As does it's sequel.

Why?

IM was fantastic except for the weak final battle. That is why it is not tops in my book. The ending was as exciting as the 45 second showdown in Fantastic Four.

Agreed. Final battle sucked nuts. Other than that, the movie was outstanding. Much as I like Bale, he is stiff as Bruce Wayne. I dunno, maybe the character demands it. Downey made a much better impression out from behind the mask than Bale does IMO. Must be the liberating attitude one gets after having consumed so many drugs and so much alcohol. He IS Tony Stark.:D

I hate Spider-Man 3. But I love Spider-Man. Spider-Man 2 is just as good.

X-2 is amazing, Iron Man is great, Blade 1-2 are fun, uh...hmm.....what else am I missing?

BEST MOVIES

1) TIE --- TDK and Batman (1989)
2) Iron Man
3) TIE --- BB and Batman Returns
4) Incredible Hulk
5) TIE --- Xmen and X2
6) Batman Forever (think I liked it because of all the hype. I was really into this movie in my early teens.)

GOOD MOVIES but not in my top list

7) Superman
8) Superman Returns
9) Spiderman

OKAY MOVIES (watchable)

10) Spiderman 2
11) Fantastic Four
12) Daredevil (had its crap moments)

CRAP MOVIES

13) Ghost Rider
14) Punisher
15) Xmen: Last Stand (well made movie - bad story)

HORRIBLE MOVIES (Never want to see them again)
16) Elektra
17) Hulk
18) TIE --- Spiderman 3 and Batman & Robin

Note: I have never seen Superman 2-4 or FF2-Silver Surfer

Why?

Yep. After Transformers you just can't have a finale with two robotic looking guys fighting for a couple of minutes and have it leave much of an impression. IM also loses points for yielding to the annoying tendency to have the hero find a reason to take his mask off during the climax. The two seconds they were fighting in traffic was cool though.

I FOR ONE DIDNT LIKE THE DARK KNIGHT...THE BATMAN WAS LIKE A SECONDARY CHARACTER...AND THIS MOVIE TOOK ITSELF WAY TOO SERIOUSLY..AS A MOVIE,BB WAS BETTER...BUT THIS IS OF COURSE MY OPINION.ALL THOSE PRO DK PEOPLE WERE SAYIN THIS MOVIE WOULD BE THE GREATEST SUPER HERO MOVIE EVER EVEN BEFORE ITS RELEASE..SO THEIR BIASED OPINIONS ARE IRRELEVANT FOR ME...

Now, for me the greatest comic book adaptation, was sin city...its just better than anything else...

Back