Best Spiderman statue from any companies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate, Koto's DR Wolvie is already hard to get and if you find one it's exy. So don't generealise so much.

To me that's one of the ugliest Wolverine on the market. Don't see why the demand on that fugly piece is so high. Like the say. Art is all about self-interpretation...:(

it's going to be an expensive one, get ready!

also there is a big distinction between sideshow 1/4 premium format vs koto fine art statues, not just size but quality + price. Koto really shouldnt be considered highend collectibles they are more good to have toys if you like a particular character.

I know some people just collect what they like, but i think it's better to focus on one brand or even 1 line (ie: premium format) within the brand for a particular license, it will look much better & impressive once you have build up a collection.

Since you are just starting, something to ponder.

sorry, but ive got to disagree here. i suppose people have different reasons for buying, but i suggest you ask theirs before laying out such overgeneralized (and IMO, bad advice)

I own several kotobukiya items, and have never had an instance of remorse, or issue with quality. I understand that their is a history involving their paint apps, so i wont fault you for buying into the precedent they themselves set, but from my vantage point, theyre working diligently on rectifying it. the difference between sideshow and koto at this point (again, IMO) is size, run size and sculpt. the quality of the sculpts from koto and their interpretations of the characters have (for my money) outpaced sideshow. and thats what i pay for. besides, go take a look at the spiderman comiquette thread and see that paint apps isnt specific to koto. and i truly dont see a point to ignoring an entire brand for no reason other than to ignore it. being a brand whore is silly.

if youre in it to be the coolest kid on the block with the rarest toys, or even looking to try and make a buck on it, then stick with sideshow. if youre a completist who needs to have a complete line, then start a line and complete it. if youre in it to have some cool looking statues of characters you like, then buy what you want. because missing on a statue you want is going to cost you regardless, whether its sideshow or koto, or bowen, or gentle giant, or whatever. at the end of the day, all of these items are limited in some capacity. just some more artificially than others. and realistically, if you buy what you like, it'll look just as grand to you and probably moreso than limiting your options.

just my 50 cents

To me that's one of the ugliest Wolverine on the market. Don't see why the demand on that fugly piece is so high. Like the say. Art is all about self-interpretation...:(

I totally agree, that Wolverine is just a miss. Koto has many wonderful other pieces.

sorry, but ive got to disagree here. i suppose people have different reasons for buying, but i suggest you ask theirs before laying out such overgeneralized (and IMO, bad advice)

I own several kotobukiya items, and have never had an instance of remorse, or issue with quality. I understand that their is a history involving their paint apps, so i wont fault you for buying into the precedent they themselves set, but from my vantage point, theyre working diligently on rectifying it. the difference between sideshow and koto at this point (again, IMO) is size, run size and sculpt. the quality of the sculpts from koto and their interpretations of the characters have (for my money) outpaced sideshow. and thats what i pay for. besides, go take a look at the spiderman comiquette thread and see that paint apps isnt specific to koto. and i truly dont see a point to ignoring an entire brand for no reason other than to ignore it. being a brand whore is silly.

if youre in it to be the coolest kid on the block with the rarest toys, or even looking to try and make a buck on it, then stick with sideshow. if youre a completist who needs to have a complete line, then start a line and complete it. if youre in it to have some cool looking statues of characters you like, then buy what you want. because missing on a statue you want is going to cost you regardless, whether its sideshow or koto, or bowen, or gentle giant, or whatever. at the end of the day, all of these items are limited in some capacity. just some more artificially than others. and realistically, if you buy what you like, it'll look just as grand to you and probably moreso than limiting your options.

just my 50 cents

I agree and disagree.

I agree that collecting is what you make out of it, and someone who is starting to collect should just get what they like. It is difficult to guess if a piece will be valuable in that future so buying something you dont love just on the chance it might go up is foolish. Unless of course you are a seasoned collector that is confident in appreciation and willing to take a lose.

I disagree that Koto's quality is up there with SSC. I have 4 Koto pieces, and 2 have "better" paint apps, the other two not so much. I have had issues with SSC stuff but the issues are usually so minor. I do agree they are improving and that in the future I think they will be in direct competition with BD.

I totally agree, that Wolverine is just a miss. Koto has many wonderful other pieces.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that collecting is what you make out of it, and someone who is starting to collect should just get what they like. It is difficult to guess if a piece will be valuable in that future so buying something you dont love just on the chance it might go up is foolish. Unless of course you are a seasoned collector that is confident in appreciation and willing to take a lose.

agreed. i never understood why anyone would buy these as investments. there are far more intelligent, and lucrative things to put your money in.

I disagree that Koto's quality is up there with SSC. I have 4 Koto pieces, and 2 have "better" paint apps, the other two not so much. I have had issues with SSC stuff but the issues are usually so minor. I do agree they are improving and that in the future I think they will be in direct competition with BD.

well the only knock on koto ive seen is the paint, and ill temper my arguing of it because i know it exists as an issue. for me, ill take the gamble on the paint for a sculpt i like better (which recently has been consistently koto IMO). koto's pretty good at being accessible should there be an issue. but i think i took more offense at the idea that they werent to be considered a high end collectible, which i think is silly if not ridiculous. if sideshow is mercedes, and koto is toyota, theyre both still cars, just with different target demo's. koto shouldnt be considered a soap box racers in comparison :wink1:

paint quality is obviously viewed differently by different people, but you cant honestly say with a straight face those fine art statues are inline with sideshow's comiq + pf paint/sculpt quality (despite ss share of failed releases).

and you said it yourself - size & edition size are all different, and those are important factors in keeping those highend collectibles, at least for me.

As i said in my previous post, everyone collect differently, some buy every statue from all brands/scale/quality for a character they like, others keep a more uniform line of statues from the same brand/scale for a license. I am the latter, and wish someone would told me about it when i started. Instead i took a big detour and wasted a lot of money before getting my collection in order.

The person obviously can decide what they want, i didnt say they have to do it this way or that, just it's something to ponder as they are just starting out, so if they are more like me, it will save them a lot of pain down the road to reorganize.

just my 50 cents

paint quality is obviously viewed differently by different people, but you cant honestly say with a straight face those fine art statues are inline with sideshow's comiq + pf paint/sculpt quality (despite ss share of failed releases).

and you said it yourself - size & edition size are all different, and those are important factors in keeping those highend collectibles, at least for me.

As i said in my previous post, everyone collect differently, some buy every statue from all brands/scale/quality for a character they like, others keep a more uniform line of statues from the same brand/scale for a license. I am the latter, and wish someone would told me about it when i started. Instead i took a big detour and wasted a lot of money before getting my collection in order.

The person obviously can decide what they want, i didnt say they have to do it this way or that, just it's something to ponder as they are just starting out, so if they are more like me, it will save them a lot of pain down the road to reorganize.

im telling you with the straightest of straight faces that yes, i think koto's latest sculpts are at the very least on par with sideshow. the painting, ive already conceding has a history, but in my experience is becoming less an issue. personally, PF's arent my cup of tea and id prefer a well sculpted comiquette over them. but i had choices. i chose koto gambit over the PF. i chose the koto colossus over the sideshow version. Given the two, the koto psylocke is a better looking piece IMO that the sideshow ver. the spiderman comiquette is a great piece (except that he's got a damn nose people!), but, again, of the two, koto's spiderman is more my style. and i dont feel like im making sacrifices in any way. but im not bothered by run sizes. and 1/4 scales are great, but ive got limited space, and a wife who hates clutter. so again, for me, 1/6 is a better option. not that im against sideshow or anything. half of the tmnt comiquettes were awesome, and im thinking about grabbing them. but again, im not a completist, so i can live with the two turtle sculpts i like and the money in my pocket from not buying the other 2. i suppose koto just fits me better for the my purposes.

i didnt mean for this to get into a sideshow vs koto debate, because im happy with anyone who produces a good statue of characters i like. i just dont understand why koto gets such a bad rap in this business. particularly their latest offerings, which have won me over in a big way. but im apparently out here on the island alone......

it just came across like on the guitar forums, when someone asks for OD pedal, everyone starts listing their favorites with no account for what the OP would actually want it for. thats all. carry on :)

I like Koto's Wolvie, to me it's one of best out there as far as sculpt goes, I can't comment on the paint as i've seen it in hand. If paint is an issue then there are alot of ppl who do repaints. Even SSC products require repaints(see Spidey Comiquette). It's all about your own likes and dislikes.

Just got him. Thanks to SuperFreak Stephen (Crimsonbob)! :rock

Can't call it a statue but I really like him!

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

Sideshow comiquette hand down
Then Spidey vs Hulk diorama
And I'm also partial to the movie version of black spidey

Man I wish I had a spiderman PF, especially the exclusive to post here.
I think the PF together with the Comiquette r the best spidey figures until now.
Ps: The new kotobukyia spider will be a great piece too.
Ps2: First post lol :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Man I wish I had a spiderman PF, especially the exclusive to post here.
I think the PF together with the Comiquette r the best spidey figures until now.
Ps: The new kotobukyia spider will be a great piece too.
Ps2: First post lol :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The PF is nice but if you ever get one, I would go for the comiquette. Either way, both would make a great stand alone piece. GL on your search for the Spidey PF EX and

:welcome1::mexwave:welcome1:

I always hoped the release of the comi would bring down the pf prices significantly, never really happened. We prolly won't see another red/blue Spidey until they do a LSF. The pf is still best to me, the classic specifically. The NZ is pretty cool too.

I always hoped the release of the comi would bring down the pf prices significantly, never really happened. We prolly won't see another red/blue Spidey until they do a LSF. The pf is still best to me, the classic specifically. The NZ is pretty cool too.

They said that about the Hulk PF and the price keeps shooting up.:yess:

Hey who is that in your signature?

Back