Best Gangster movie other than the godfather ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great gangster films have already been mentioned, but one of my favourites is also Layer Cake. Loved that one too!

City of God, you haven't seen a moving or intense gangster movie until you seen this!

All bow before its greatness. Man, that movie is INTENSE! Mutha freaking INTENSE! WOW!

Goodfellas as awesome as it is is soft in comparison to this film.

Everyone has listed great movies....a couple more...

Gotti - think it was an HBO movie.

Maybe not the greatest or entirely mob, but I really enjoyed Suicide Kings.

My personal favorite other mob flick os 'Goodfellas' - first mob movie I ever saw and still one of my favorites.

If anyone is looking for a newer gangster flick. Check out Gomorrah.

Just picked this one up from the library, so it's in my watch pile. I've heard a lot about it, but am only now getting around to it.

Apparently the novelist who wrote the book the film is based on had to go into hiding/police protection to protect himself from the mafia when the book was published. It looks like a pretty intense film and it seems all the glitz and glamor formerly (and still) associated with the Italian mafia is pretty much stripped away to show the raw territorial war it has become.

Looking forward to watching it over the holiday.

Donnie Brasco and Carlito's Way is the best gangster monie

I can't believe I'm just now watching American Gangster for the first time. How did I miss this movie?

Sopranos will go down and be historic with the godfather also. since nothing like that will ever be made again. if there is it won't be as good though.

Last edited:
HARLEM NIGHTS!
Harlem-nights.jpg

GOODFELLAS
godfather_goodfellas.jpg

Back