Best Gangster movie other than the godfather ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Menace to Society, Goodfellas, John Woo THe Killer, City of Fire, A Better Tomorrow,

What I like in a gangster movie is a little skewed compared to the mainstream. I like American Gangster. But I have to admit to never having seen any of The Godfather films, and only enough of Scarface to know that someone was about to get chainsawed. But that was when I walked out of the theater.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Easily #1....

But outside of the GF works, I'd have to say Donnie Brasco. Great freaking acting. Pacino really reminded me of soooo many old guys from the neighborhood, acting tuff and answering to higherups thier whole lives, but really having nothing to show for it.

Goodfellas a close 3rd...........But in terms of quotables is easily #1 movie ever:rotfl.

Leave me alone i think i've seen it but it was years ago! i watch that much i forget and he likes the same stuff as me so check most of them out. :lol

Edit just looked at the trailer and i have seen it woohoo not a total noob :rock :lol

I love most of the films mentioned in here and keep seeing the same ones repeated, so I just want to throw this one out there again because hardly anyone has seen it yet and it will honestly change the way you view past and future gangster films.

Gomorrah
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MN7-tepnIfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MN7-tepnIfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Leave me alone i think i've seen it but it was years ago! i watch that much i forget and he likes the same stuff as me so check most of them out. :lol Edit just looked at the trailer and i have seen it woohoo not a total noob :rock :lol
:rock :lol You still need to see it again if you don't remember it. It is fantastic.

"This Thing Of Ours" - 2005

A mob movie everyone should check out.

MV5BMTM5NzE3ODc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Easily #1....

But outside of the GF works, I'd have to say Donnie Brasco. Great freaking acting. Pacino really reminded me of soooo many old guys from the neighborhood, acting tuff and answering to higherups thier whole lives, but really having nothing to show for it.

Goodfellas a close 3rd...........But in terms of quotables is easily #1 movie ever:rotfl.

Thats because he really is from "the neighborhood" ............ guys like Deniro, Pesci and Pacino are great actors and excel because they're just being themselves. Hell, I don't need to tell you that, you know what i'm talking about. :D

Heat
Scarface
Goodfellas
Carlito's Way

Thats a damn fine list!

Back