Best Batman Stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gothic is great but I wasn't as keen on the three hundred year old demon and how there wasn't a 'logical' explanation for it. Still a great story and I like how Batman had to travel afar to investigate.

Earth+One+Batman+Cover.jpg

Dude, you're like my kindred spirit. :lol I was waiting so long Batman Earth One to come out after hearing about it. It seemed to take forever. And when it did, wow. I literally finished reading it and told everybody I know they had to read it. It was that good. I literally loved everything about it, every page, every panel. It was amazing. Really excited for book 2 as well.

Wow you guys are really raving about Earth One. I loved the art but I don't remember it being so amazing. But you've convinced me to read it again.

Yeah, I adored it. But everyone has their own taste so maybe it wasn't for you. Definitely re read it if you think you may like it more. I just remember thinking it was awesome. I really enjoyed Superman Earth One as well though. And am super excited for Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One.

Dude, you're like my kindred spirit. :lol I was waiting so long Batman Earth One to come out after hearing about it. It seemed to take forever. And when it did, wow. I literally finished reading it and told everybody I know they had to read it. It was that good. I literally loved everything about it, every page, every panel. It was amazing. Really excited for book 2 as well.

:lol:hi5:

Agreed!

BMKFv1_cvr_r2.jpg

There is 4 volumes to this story arc. I would recommend getting the graphic novels unless you want to track down all the issues.

I have the original versions of the three books but I still had to collect these new editions for all the extra stuff. Prodigal and the knightquest portion of the story. Although a lot of knightquest was still missing wasn't it from what I remember? Still, an awesome epic storyline that I'd recommend to anyone wanting to read batman.

Apart fro the popular ones i really dig Gotham by gaslight, Court of Owls, Night of Owls, Broken City (there is a noir version also), Noel and Joker by Bermejo, Knightfall and finally a crossover between him, Hellboy and starman created mu Mignola...nothing too exciting but you get batman and hellboy in the same page which is brilliant!

Gotham by Gaslight is fantastic. I really enjoyed it. My favourite Elseworlds book is Nine Lives. Absolutely great stuff. I've still yet to read Noel, will have to pick it up this Christmas I think.

Wow you guys are really raving about Earth One. I loved the art but I don't remember it being so amazing. But you've convinced me to read it again.

I hated Earth One. Not only did Batman not need another new origin story, but I just thought the entire read made Batman appear to be a dork.

I hated Earth One. Not only did Batman not need another new origin story, but I just thought the entire read made Batman appear to be a dork.

I read it again for the second or third time and I agree. Aside from the art (which is amazing) I was not into this story at all. Way too short as well.

I just bought a Batman lot on Ebay and they snuck in an All Star Batman and Robin lol

I've read the first 4 or 5 issues or so of All Star Batman and Robin and hated it. I just thought the writing was awful.

One of my favorites is 'Subway Jack' by Joe R. Lansdale. It's in the The Further Adventures of Batman novel.

furtheradventruesofbatman_400.jpg

Back