Best Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your quite judgmental aren't you. No one was precluded from getting one. No one is precluded from getting one now. One of the reasons for buying "collectible" items is that they go up in value. When a company releases a limited run statue, you would expect them to honor that limited run and not try to bypass their commitment to the customer by re-releasing it in a different color. People complain on here all the time about edition size. I couldn't give a crap about the edition size of something. But once you decide on an edition size you should stick to it.

That is if the ES is set and final.
Never looked for the ES myself, more after the color and the sculpt. I got the blue one for a bargain.

Cant talk for DC, but as far as what my associated company producers, we set the ES higher than we produce so then we can revisit later if we like. This way there are no misunderstandings. Its not lying or deceiving people if you tell them the first edition is sold out and then revisit a few years later for a second edition to complete your run.

Now was DC ES set? Well then, you may have a point. Or, was it set only for the first run?

I personally don't care if a company decides to make 10,000 pieces of a statue as long as I get one. I do respect those that value the edition size of their collectibles. At the end of the day, it is also an investment in the hands of the collector. But I also appreciate the art and I believe that every collector, young and seasoned, deserves the chance to get one dream piece or at least see it with their own eyes.

On the other hand, if art needs to be shared to be fully appreciated by all, this also needs to be reflected on the price tag. Every company should consider this before they are ready to throw their products to the masses. If you are going to produce another 1500 pieces of a previous release item, you should at least keep it affordable for everyone. Who knows? Maybe some years from now, they decide to go with a metallic blue 10 year anniversary edition........well, this is not Capcom.

Taking a second bite at an ES is a lame tactic, the company has discovered they would've sold a butt load more so they re release it (e.g. with a new paint job). I imagine that's why SS has put BIG ES's on their DC figs - they don't wanna miss out on a slice of the after market prices that some of their early (low ES) figs are going for. SS did the rerelease trick with the 'international' edition of Patient Zero PF IIRC.

The cape is different on the new one....it doesn't look to curl down from the top.

Malibu_Stacy.jpg

Isn't also about $100 more than it was when it was originally released?

Just checked the box for mine, and it doesn't have the original price on it. That's odd..Anyway, I remember getting mine on eBay for a great deal, $225 when it first came out. I do seem to remember, and I could be wrong, that he was originally listed in the ballpark of $275-300(?). Not sure how I feel about a re-release, let alone a different color. Good for those who couldn't get one originally, but I hope it doesn't affect the rarity (value) of the original. Now I have to decide if I want one in a different color;)

That is if the ES is set and final.
Never looked for the ES myself, more after the color and the sculpt. I got the blue one for a bargain.

Cant talk for DC, but as far as what my associated company producers, we set the ES higher than we produce so then we can revisit later if we like. This way there are no misunderstandings. Its not lying or deceiving people if you tell them the first edition is sold out and then revisit a few years later for a second edition to complete your run.

Now was DC ES set? Well then, you may have a point. Or, was it set only for the first run?
The original ES was 1500.
Just checked the box for mine, and it doesn't have the original price on it. That's odd..Anyway, I remember getting mine on eBay for a great deal, $225 when it first came out. I do seem to remember, and I could be wrong, that he was originally listed in the ballpark of $275-300(?). Not sure how I feel about a re-release, let alone a different color. Good for those who couldn't get one originally, but I hope it doesn't affect the rarity (value) of the original. Now I have to decide if I want one in a different color;)

I noticed someone stated the original price was $250. Sounds right.

Glad a re-release forgot about the first release then it started to get cost too much to get one.... hope i dont forget again:rotfl

I bought the original for less than $200 when it was first released since I preordered it months in advance. I sold it a couple years ago for close to $500 because it just wasn't worth keeping for that kind of money. I will definitely preorder this version.

Besides Bats PF the Bats Vs Croc was always my favorite Batman statue... Still have my Alex Ross Bats stored guess I can get rid of it

Back