Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, but Andy is going to a good home, right? Is it more stability Andy? If you don't mind me asking what put them over the top? $? Good luck man!

DekeStarkiller said:
Bummer, but Andy is going to a good home, right? Is it more stability Andy? If you don't mind me asking what put them over the top? $? Good luck man!

Man im stoked to see a Burgholtz Super Girl statue!!!! :rock Get 'er done Andy!

I'd like to see Andy's take on a Gil Kane Silver Age GL — they both have/had a way with hair:

Oh. Crap. The missle is yellow!

It is a great lost for Sideshow! I guess I will start buying some DC statues now!:lol

:eek what I really meant to say is :eek I mean :eek or :eek and :eek also :eek including :eek Holy :eek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very disappointing, although I buy a lot of DCD stuff as well. Love what Andy did with the Shazam! head.

If you were a sculptor that could do portrait sculpts that are picked apart by fans and never truly appreciated unless they're perfect (as many of Andy's are :D)

OR

you could interpret comic book characters that don't really have likeness issues - which would you choose?

That's BS. Most of Andy's sculpts are so good they are above criticism. I know I am very critical about each and every figure I purchase from Sideshow because of my passion for the characters' likeness but Andy's were always the best of the crop. I loved his X-Files and Bond sculpts. This just gives me even more of a critical eye to nitpick Sideshows sculpts from their less-than-Andy-talented sculptors.

Feels like someone just died. I feel empty inside all of the sudden. Depressing.

Well, Congratulations Andy! Good luck to you! It will be sad for us at times but hopefully SS can pool some new talent as well.

And now I get to pressure you for a 1/4 (Neil Gaiman's) SANDMAN statue/figure!!!

And as always, feel free to continue to hang out here!

Well that really sucks and makes me sad. :monkey2

Good luck to you Andy. Hopefully one day you'll be back. I really enjoy your work.

Also, you do realise Hulk is a Marvel character, not DC? It has nothing to do with the fact the Superman defeated Hulk does it? :stick ;) :p :D

Bad news for sideshow, good news for DC. Best wishes on continued success Andy. I'm looking forward to the ultimate batman I have always craved.

Aw man... when I saw this thread earlier today I really hoped that it was just freelancing. What a loss to Sideshow :monkey2 Not really a huge fan of DCD, but I'm sure you'll get to sculpt some really cool stuff, literal icons of the comicbook world and I imagine that would be quite a great opportunity.

Definitely wish you the best, although its sad that we won't be getting too many more of your fantastic 1/6 headsculpts for Sideshow.

Sad news indeed.:crying :crying :crying :crying :(

Andy's SS pieces are some of my favorites.

I'm kind of glad now that I've cut down on my SS purchases.

On the other hand, I am a huge DCD fan so this is good news in a way.

Thank god AB got the Terminator figures done before he left...

And I hope he did at least three SW OT sculpts for '07.:monkey1

i wonder if Ray and Andy got something cooking up?:monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back