Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pordey2 said:
Of course you have the right to be unhappy about. Not going to argue there. If they had given ME the choice, I would have kept him at Sideshow.
But to boicott DC because of this... not trying to blackmail Bergholtz here, but it's not only DC's "fault" that he became a exclusive sculptor of DC...

and I didn't only refer to your post, Josh... :grouphug

I hadn't bought from them before so him being there doesn't really impact me. I was just being a goober saying that I would be saying no to DC. It's just a bummer and I was blowing off some steam. Nothing more. Nothing less. I just kind of take it the wrong way when I just blow off some steam and not say anything really offensive then get told I'm not being mature.

jlcmsu said:
I hadn't bought from them before so him being there doesn't really impact me. I was just being a goober saying that I would be saying no to DC. It's just a bummer and I was blowing off some steam. Nothing more. Nothing less. I just kind of take it the wrong way when I just blow off some steam and not say anything really offensive then get told I'm not being mature.

it's the difference between reading & talking.

Reading out what you wrote ..ya get a picture of a baby throwing his toys out the pram, whereas if I was talking to you face to face I'd know your true intentions of what you say

Like sarcasm....without a smilie :D people can take offence :cool:

you cant really be upset at Andy or DC in any way. If you need a place to direct frustrations to, it should all go to Sideshow IMO. They chose to set him free of his exclusive contract which meant they were taking the chance of him being picked up by others, and thats exactly what happened.

Sculptors can only go with the best offers presented to them. If SS didnt make him an offer juicy enough to be worth while to him, then thats their fault. And now DC will reap the rewards.

you win some and you lose some. SS has lost 2 big ones now.
:monkey2

.. but at least we got that Hulk PF before it happened

maybe they see Trevor Grove as Andy's long term successor.....remember Trevor Grove is only 20 years old & look at his padme sculpt

pitchin said:
maybe they see Trevor Grove as Andy's long term successor.....remember Trevor Grove is only 20 years old & look at his padme sculpt
I agree 100%.
But if the exclusive contract is becoming the norm, SS better get the lawyers on the paperwork. Every beautiful piece a sculptor turns out increases their value in the industry

jlcmsu said:
Man step away for a few hours and you find out **** has hit the fan. I can't say I'm happy at all about this. I wish Andy the best but I'm not happy but it's not about me. This just makes no sense to me at all. Leave SS who has several cool and different lines for DC who basically is all about Buttman and Stupidman. This actually makes me want to cancel my Superman game for 360, Superman DVD Collection, and send DC a letter telling them they can shove their stuff up their ass!!!

You're a liar! You never step away from here! :lol

JS ;)

On a more serious note:

Best of luck to you Andy! I hope DC filled your pocketses with gold,
and I hope the move is a great one for you. I'll sure miss your SS
sculpts, but to console myself I'll have one of your masterpieces,
the PF Grey Hulk on my shelf, loudly and proudly on display.

Now whip DC into shape and crank out some decent Superman and
Batman statues, busts, and dioramas!

JS :)

I learned that Andy would be signing with DC about a Month ago.:( Of course our natural reaction is going to be a selfish one; we love this man's work! This will surely be a great move for him and his family though.

But I'm truly very happy for Andy. He's going to really turn DC's products into amazing works of art. I remember two years ago when I was just starting to gain an interest in sculpture I came across some photos in a forum of someone's Luke and Han sculpts and they FLOOOOORED me. I said to myself, "I've gotta be able to do that!!!" those sculpts were,of course, Andy's premium pieces. beautiful renditions of the characters...unbelievably recognizable likeness, clean and detailed surfaces, and the hair about killed me!

And I ALWAYS use Andy's portraits as my benchmark of quality...if it doesn't hold up to his quality, it aint got it in my book! He's really effected the direction of this kind of work, in my opinion...because we all want to be as good as him!!!!!!

wait till you get a taste of some of Andy's latest pieces.....you're sorrows will be replaced by your disbelief! amazing work.

Have an AWESOME run at DC, man! They're very fortunate to have you!!!

Trev

Trevolver said:
I learned that Andy would be signing with DC about a Month ago.:( Of course our natural reaction is going to be a selfish one; we love this man's work! This will surely be a great move for him and his family though.

But I'm truly very happy for Andy. He's going to really turn DC's products into amazing works of art. I remember two years ago when I was just starting to gain an interest in sculpture I came across some photos in a forum of someone's Luke and Han sculpts and they FLOOOOORED me. I said to myself, "I've gotta be able to do that!!!" those sculpts were,of course, Andy's premium pieces. beautiful renditions of the characters...unbelievably recognizable likeness, clean and detailed surfaces, and the hair about killed me!

And I ALWAYS use Andy's portraits as my benchmark of quality...if it doesn't hold up to his quality, it aint got it in my book! He's really effected the direction of this kind of work, in my opinion...because we all want to be as good as him!!!!!!

wait till you get a taste of some of Andy's latest pieces.....you're sorrows will be replaced by your disbelief! amazing work.

Have an AWESOME run at DC, man! They're very fortunate to have you!!!

Trev

Those are very kind words Trev, you are indeed a prince....

I can only imagine an AB Dark Knight Bale Sculpt, it will be amazing and as I've said before,

Andy may be my "only hope" for some SW OT figs in 07.

I have no interest in Marvel or DC, so I will not be benefitting from Andy's new work. However, he has produced a great deal of what sits on my shelves and he will be sorely missed.:monkey2

It is indeed a sad day, but all the best Mr. Bergholz, you've made an awful lot of us very happy!

occulum said:
you cant really be upset at Andy or DC in any way. If you need a place to direct frustrations to, it should all go to Sideshow IMO. They chose to set him free of his exclusive contract which meant they were taking the chance of him being picked up by others, and thats exactly what happened.

Well, don't anybody fall over but I'm not totally happy with SS on this. I mean this would be like the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals just letting Albert Pujols get away. Andy is that type of Talent. I know there is more to it that I don't understand as far as the business side of things. It's just a downer because two superstars working together and now they are apart. SS has tons of really talented sculptors left but they let one of the best go.

pitchin said:
it's the difference between reading & talking.

Reading out what you wrote ..ya get a picture of a baby throwing his toys out the pram, whereas if I was talking to you face to face I'd know your true intentions of what you say

Like sarcasm....without a smilie :D people can take offence :cool:

This is true.

JSAuctionService said:
You're a liar! You never step away from here! :lol

JS ;)

Well, I'm always signed in. Though I hadn't read anything here since about 4pm yesterday.

You must've had withdrawls! :lol :monkey3

JS ;) :chew

I have one hope in all the world, that there is one more Leia on the way, one more of his beautiful Carrie Fisher likenesses which are unsurpassed by any sculpt there is. I hope there is an ANH Leia or Bespin Leia that will grace us one last time with your marvelous work, Andy. You have been the best thing Sideshow has, and I am deeply grateful to you for your work. I really hope we get one more Leia from you, along with anything else we can get before you are gone. I really am scared we'll never get another Leia from you....:monkey2

I wish you all the best in this new and exciting direction, Andy!!!

Well we can all look at it this way... SS may have lost Andy (for now) but they have gained Trevor. :chew :chew :chew

Bodie The Cursed said:
Im hoping he squeezed out another Marvel..:monkey2

Boy can that be interpreted in a disgusting way! :fart :yuck

JS :medic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back