Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lukebespinoa5.png

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels like somebody just kicked me in the Good & Plenties!!!

This is a real bummer--of course I wish Andy the best with his new contract, but I am sure going to miss seeing him work with Sideshow. His Star Wars sculpts are amazing works of art and he is the best at what he does--the 12" line is really going to be impacted by his departure.

This is officially a depressing day for Sideshow collectors everywhere...

:monkey2

As much as it pains me to say it, good luck, Andy!!

:duff

First Ray. Now Andy. Who's next? The Gore Group :monkey1

honestly it doesnt surprise me at all.
with the huge rise in popularity lately of sculpted collectibles Im sure the good sculptors are being targeted by many companies. And with the past history of ups and downs in every collectible market, the guys behind it all have to get theirs while the gettins good.

congrats Andy.
Now I see why youre lookin at an H3 :D

Sideshow will never recover from this.Also,I think the Hulk PF is Andy's masterpiece and a good swan song piece for him.

Andy Bergholtz said:
I have indeed signed an exclusive contract with DC and will no longer be working with Sideshow.

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:sick...............................................I have nothing more to say.............

Congrats Andy:monkey2

Shai Hulud said:
I think the Hulk PF is Andy's masterpiece and a good swan song piece for him.

I agree 110%. It will be that much more special if indeed that was his last SS sculpt.

This is sad news indeed :monkey2

I wish you the best Andy and please don't be a stranger here. We'd still love to know how you are and what you're working on.

best of luck in the future andy, i ihope you sculpt some green arrow statues soon!!!

The Horror... the horror....

Best of Luck Andy! Look forward to your DC stuff, they need you badly!

Really gonna miss you bro. :D

Well, I'm torn on this turn of events. On one hand I'm sorry that Sideshow is losing an amazing artist... On the other hand I'm extremely happy that you'll be doing DC characters. Any Batman statues that you do will be mine. Without doubt!

Good luck, Andy! :duff

This is absolutely TERRIBLE news. Andy's sculpts were the BEST of all of my Sideshows. His Obi-Wan was the only reason I continued to buy Star Wars after the depressing Han Solo likeness made me lose my faith. Sideshow should have ponied up and offered him a competetive incentive to stay. With Andy's departure it looks like Sideshow may have just jumped the shark.

Last edited:
:crying NO! You'll be very missed.

Well since you aren't working for Sideshow, you can tell us your last Sideshow sculpts now right? :D

my jaw literally dropped reading that Andy confirmed DC exclusivity

what's going on at sideshow? :confused:

Their letting all the talent leave!! :monkey2

Saying that.....watch out for DC direct products now, they have two awesome sculptors in Ray & Andy signed up exclusive

You know my stance Andy, SS will never have a better sculptor than they had with you.

Congrats though and I hope everything works well for you.

And by all means don't be a stranger!!!! Just because you aren't sculpting for SS doesn't mean you're not welcome to come by here and visit. :cool:

I'll certainly miss your work at Sideshow, Andy; Your contributions to the Buffy line are among my favorites. (And tell me you managed to get an Ygor in under the wire!)

As a fan of DCD's Golden and Silver Age Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman figures and statues, I'm anxious to see your interpretations of these classic characters and, I'm certain I'll be adding more of your wonderful sculpts to my collection. (You are working on a Golden Age Batman 1:4-Scale Museum Quality Statue, right?)

Best of luck at DCD! (Btw, does this mean you're DCD Andy, now?)

drprtrs.gif

Good thing I just got out of the Star Wars PF line....that will take a big dive off a cliff now that Andy is gone. NO ONE does better human likenesses than Andy.

I'm Cinemaquette only now, with the exception of a very select few pieces.

Good luck on your new venture Andy! Im very interested to see what DC will have to offer with you on their ship. No matter where you are your work is going to always be highly regarded.

Is there anywhere (website) where we can go to hear about you new projects etc?

While I do love Sideshow, I love DC characters more and that's something Sideshow can't provide. This for me is the best news I've heard all year. Andy please tell me you're going to sculpt a museum format Batman! PLEEEEAAASEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the deal, I'm sure you'll knock it out.

If I collected DC characters, I would be jumping for joy right now. However, my main focus is Sideshow's 12" and 1/4 scale Star Wars pieces--and those lines really benefitted from Andy's involvement. No offense to the other great artists represented there, but his Anakin, Obi-Wan, Leia and others set the bar so high that it's hard to imagine the future of those lines without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back