Bergholtz Goes Direct...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
...DC Direct!

abwrldsfnstbkndsld0.jpg

if DC signs Andy away to an exclusive contract too!!..... :banghead
I guess Martin is the only exclusive sculptor they have left now?
SS needs to stop handing over their "edge" to the competition

on the other side, congrats to Andy on the DC work

So does this mean Andy won't be sculpting any more 1:6 figures for Sideshow? :(

Andy is Sideshow's all around best sculptor when it comes to the 1/6 stuff imo. That would be a huge blow if they lost him.

I don't think anyone has to worry about Andy leaving Sideshow. I believe he was never AT Sideshow per se. Andy (I think) is a freelance sculptor. So I doubt this will change anything. :duff

If anything, Sideshow should offer Andy a contract and put him on the payroll as a full-time employee. Imagine the possibilities with Andy as a lead sculptor...

In the words of the Bond song:"Nobody does it better"

Andy, I do hope you will still be sculpting SS 1/6 stuff for many years to come

Come on hulkdude.....reassure us!!!!!

Andy USED to be under an exclusive contract with SS, which he was released from awhile back (or it just wasnt renewed). Not sure if that was his or SS's decision.

I am fairly sure Andy is freelance now. I do not think this means he will no longer be sculpting for SS it just means we will get great stuff from DC as well. Please Andy by all that is holy let us know.

Yep, I think so... I believe Oluf also sculpts for other companies like DC.

occulum said:
Andy USED to be under an exclusive contract with SS, which he was released from awhile back (or it just wasnt renewed). Not sure if that was his or SS's decision.

I thought that was the case, just didn't trust my memory enough to be accurate :lol

Uh oh.... Cat's outta the bag I guess. I was hoping to wait a while to mention this but I'd rather address this now before too many questions arise.

I have indeed signed an exclusive contract with DC and will no longer be working with Sideshow. There is no falling out between SS and I or anything like that, it's all completely amicable. In fact I hope to do more with Sideshow again one day... Just trying a new path right now.

There is still a good handful of stuff coming from Sideshow by my hands, it'll probably still be a few months before the last of my SS work is announced for preorder, etc. But as of December I will be a DC man for a while.

Sideshow is the greatest company I've ever worked with, period. I wish them all the best, and happy collecting to the rest of you. I won't be a stranger!

-Andy

p.s. The DC bookends that brought up this thread are not completely mine.... Batman was sculpted by another sculptor entirely, and Supes was partially sculpted by another as well. Also, in case it isn't obvious, the solicitation image is mostly just the concept art, the sculpt is not yet complete.

Andy Bergholtz said:
I have indeed signed an exclusive contract with DC and will no longer be working with Sideshow.
ok. where's the temper tantrum smiley? :monkey2 .. I mean ... Im realy happy for you Andy :monkey2 .. cant you tell? .... :blissysmi

I used to look up to you Andy. USED TO :monkey2 oh.....the humanity :crying :crying :crying :fart WHY?!!!!!!!!! :monkey2 :monkey2

This gives us all the reason to hate DC. Marvel all the way :)

j/k congratz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back